eBMWParts
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 153

Thread: My Raceland Coilovers Thread. Helpfull info inside.

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,633
    My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    How many of you actually believe this stuff is actually correctly valved for each individual application?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    37
    My Cars
    SC300,S14,S13
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy View Post
    How many of you actually believe this stuff is actually correctly valved for each individual application?
    between you and me i really do not care.. if it lowers the car as low as i want to thats all i really care about, its not a track car, and i do not believe that anyone should get these for track use.

    i just want to know, that picture i posted is that the correct way that these things go on? so in order to raise or lower you have to spin the entire spring?

    the padded part goes on the bottom of the control arm? i just do not understand it.. here is a crudely drawn MS paint version of my question


  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,996
    My Cars
    Mk.IV Jetta 1.8T
    It can go top or bottom ... I put mine on the top because when it's on the bottom you can't reach it with the wrenches (not that you need to since it's easier to spin if you grab the whole spring).

    And yes, the lock thing is wedged into the spring real good and you spin it along with the spring on the threaded part which under the force of the shock holding the control arm to the rest of the car (and thanks to the rubber pad) stays put while you spin it.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,260
    My Cars
    are a waste of money
    Quote Originally Posted by deuceforty View Post
    Looks like a retard drew that.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    527
    My Cars
    E36 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    Looks like a retard drew that.

    agreed, that will probably go down as one of the top bf.com illustrations of all time!

    Hey guys running these Racelands do they really hold up well around town, or give off lots of noises? It just seems for the price that ride quality would be sacrificed, yet it seems like you guys are all satisfied. Any more details?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    37
    My Cars
    SC300,S14,S13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    Looks like a retard drew that.
    bro i have a laptop with no mouse and the attention span of an ADD 6 year old.

    it got the job done correct?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,996
    My Cars
    Mk.IV Jetta 1.8T
    Quote Originally Posted by Momikey View Post
    agreed, that will probably go down as one of the top bf.com illustrations of all time!

    Hey guys running these Racelands do they really hold up well around town, or give off lots of noises? It just seems for the price that ride quality would be sacrificed, yet it seems like you guys are all satisfied. Any more details?
    There is no noises if everything is tightened properly. The spring rates are not much harsher than say ... H&R race springs.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    10,352
    My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    Looks like a retard drew that.
    Well, you would have to be retarded to buy racelands, so I am not surprised that this type of artwork would be in this thread.

    Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    12,622
    My Cars
    E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstah View Post
    Well, you would have to be retarded to buy racelands, so I am not surprised that this type of artwork would be in this thread.
    Please explain? I've seen several sets and experienced them firsthand and they perform just as well as H&R, PSS9, bilsteins, koni's, etc I've had over the years (although I can't comment on how long the shock life/spring quality is)

    Wheels in Sig are SSR GT3's 19" E46 M3 fitment. Dinan E46 M3 Suspension. Pic thanks to Kyle K.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,086
    My Cars
    E-ballin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Please explain? I've seen several sets and experienced them firsthand and they perform just as well as H&R, PSS9, bilsteins, koni's, etc I've had over the years (although I can't comment on how long the shock life/spring quality is)
    Well I wouldn't say that. The racelands ride alright for what they are worth, just a tad bouncy over uneven roads. The rears are just way to soft to be considered in the same class as PSS9s, konis, etc.. I would say they are about as good as FKs...

    I was one of the first people to install these coilovers (have had em in since last summer; about 10k miles total) and overall I've been satisfied. I haven't tracked the car but its held up fine so far and rides the same as day one. Ive had the car up on a lift multiple times since then and everything looks solid (no cracking welds, leaking oil, etc).

    If you're on a budget go for these, but don't expect supercar performance. If I had to do it again I'd go with Konis and H&R race springs, but thats only because I realized I dont need height adjustibility (which was the main reason I opted for these in the first place).
    Last edited by addnon; 05-27-2010 at 08:25 PM.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    3,436
    My Cars
    1996 328is
    racelands are great!
    there is alot of repaving in my area and it rides pretty good through the hard stuff and mine are pretty much all the way down

  12. #87
    Def's Avatar
    Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    13,431
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Your car looks like a retarded Zamboni - disguisting...

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,996
    My Cars
    Mk.IV Jetta 1.8T
    Quote Originally Posted by addnon View Post
    Well I wouldn't say that. The racelands ride alright for what they are worth, just a tad bouncy over uneven roads. The rears are just way to soft to be considered in the same class as PSS9s, konis, etc.. I would say they are about as good as FKs...

    I was one of the first people to install these coilovers (have had em in since last summer; about 10k miles total) and overall I've been satisfied. I haven't tracked the car but its held up fine so far and rides the same as day one. Ive had the car up on a lift multiple times since then and everything looks solid (no cracking welds, leaking oil, etc).

    If you're on a budget go for these, but don't expect supercar performance. If I had to do it again I'd go with Konis and H&R race springs, but thats only because I realized I dont need height adjustibility (which was the main reason I opted for these in the first place).
    I agree 100 percent.

    That said, if I was to do it again, I'd probably buy something like the Vogtland junior kit (springs+ shocks ... with the lowest springs they offer) because honestly I only adjusted these twice so far and that was for the winter and I don't think I would have had any issues even if I didn't.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    seattle 206
    Posts
    22
    My Cars
    87 e30

    raceland

    i putt raceland coilovers on a mk2 with a built 1.8 , and they handle really really well , well because they are a cheaper brand and all , he only spent 400$

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    4,973
    My Cars
    2 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by PHARMDVIPER View Post



    oh my god......I just happened to come back into this thread and saw this.....I did NOT post that picture I am 984934985% sure


    how fucking random

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    4,438
    My Cars
    are slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PHARMDVIPER View Post


    oh my god......I just happened to come back into this thread and saw this.....I did NOT post that picture I am 984934985% sure


    how fucking random
    I haven't been on BF for quite some time now, and i LOL`d quite hard when i saw this.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    4,973
    My Cars
    2 black ones
    the picture is gone now.....someone is messing with me

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    fake suburban environment
    Posts
    29,712
    My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Quote Originally Posted by PHARMDVIPER View Post
    the picture is gone now.....someone is messing with me
    Why are you posting your 'private stash' on bf.c?

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brewster, NY
    Posts
    125
    My Cars
    E46 325i
    Anyone know how many threads from the bottom to get about 1 finger gap front and back with these? I'm installing these soon and trying to get a clean ride height. I'm asking cause they're much easier to adjust off the car, especially the rear.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancover
    Posts
    10
    My Cars
    E36 m3 four door
    here is a few pics of my e36 with race land coilovers controversy style

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,261
    My Cars
    '95 E36
    Just wondering, since the rear spring rates are said to be too soft (300lb-in, IIRC), wouldn't replacing the rear shocks with bilstein sports monotubes somewhat help? They are kind of on the stiff side.
    '95 E36 318tdS:
    Bilstein Sport shocks; x-brace; H&R front sway bar; camber shims; M3 offset LCABs; Meyle HD LCAs; Z3 RSM reinforcement plates; ZHP shift knob.

    '02 E46 320d:
    Front camber tweak; M3 OEM front sway bar.


  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancover
    Posts
    10
    My Cars
    E36 m3 four door
    yeses there are way soft so i throw my stock rear springs away and put on a set of stance 7k coil-over springs to stiffing it up but actual it doesn't drive diff but it changed drifting for sure a hella of a lot stiffer no more body roll but i also have m3 sway bars too \

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,261
    My Cars
    '95 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rps13 View Post
    i also have m3 sway bars too
    Including the front one? Why?
    '95 E36 318tdS:
    Bilstein Sport shocks; x-brace; H&R front sway bar; camber shims; M3 offset LCABs; Meyle HD LCAs; Z3 RSM reinforcement plates; ZHP shift knob.

    '02 E46 320d:
    Front camber tweak; M3 OEM front sway bar.


  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancover
    Posts
    10
    My Cars
    E36 m3 four door
    well the m3 sway bars were alot better then the OEM ones also i put new urethane bushings in with them and new mounts to make it stiffer

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,261
    My Cars
    '95 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rps13 View Post
    well the m3 sway bars were alot better then the OEM ones
    On the front no, not really. In fact, the non-M is stiffer.
    '95 E36 318tdS:
    Bilstein Sport shocks; x-brace; H&R front sway bar; camber shims; M3 offset LCABs; Meyle HD LCAs; Z3 RSM reinforcement plates; ZHP shift knob.

    '02 E46 320d:
    Front camber tweak; M3 OEM front sway bar.


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •