eBMWParts
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Raceland Coilovers Thread. Helpfull info inside.

My Cars
    '95 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by splfactor View Post
    I'm not running low profile tires. I'm actually running stock wheels with a bit wider tires, 215/60R15.
    Wider and taller.
    '95 E36 318tdS:
    Bilstein Sport shocks; x-brace; H&R front sway bar; camber shims; M3 offset LCABs; Meyle HD LCAs; Z3 RSM reinforcement plates; ZHP shift knob.

My Cars
    94 325iC
    Quote Originally Posted by metale View Post
    Wider and taller.
    yes, that's correct.

Well I've lowered the front 15 turns and the bumps don't seem to hit as hard. No problems with the oil pan or any other underbody parts scraping yet.
    I actually need to compare the ride on the way home as that's where I've felt the bumps more.
    I have a feeling it's the bump stop on the struts as it looks like the struts only have 3 or so inches of travel.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    My 92' 325is is in desperate need of suspension upgrade. I don't want to dump a grand into suspension, its just not worth it. I'm going with Racelands because I live in Vermont and I want it lowered for the summer and raised for winter driving, and putting 100 lbs of sand in my trunk. I'm going with some new m3 control arm bushings and swaybar links, (mine mount on the control arms) but thats about it. I was wondering what folks thought I might need with an old suspension. Its funny I have been reading a bunch and some people don't like the racelands, they like something that costs 2,000 dollars and say racelands suck. Your e36 sucks next to a 911, its all about value and bang for your buck. I'm excited to get a set up and think they should work fine.
    Last edited by spacecase; 05-10-2010 at 11:30 AM.

My Cars
    2 black ones

My Cars
    '96 Nissan 200sx SE-R MT
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecase View Post
    My 92' 325is is in desperate need of suspension upgrade. I don't want to dump a grand into suspension, its just not worth it. I'm going with Racelands because I live in Vermont and I want it lowered for the summer and raised for winter driving, and putting 100 lbs of sand in my trunk. I'm going with some new m3 control arm bushings and swaybar links, (mine mount on the control arms) but thats about it. I was wondering what folks thought I might need with an old suspension. Its funny I have been reading a bunch and some people don't like the racelands, they like something that costs 2,000 dollars and say racelands suck. Your e36 sucks next to a 911, its all about value and bang for your buck. I'm excited to get a set up and think they should work fine.
    koni orange's ( STR.T's ) and H&R OE sport springs can be had for, total, $600-$700. You get what you pay for with racelands, if you were hoping to dump your car to the ground, that is.
    '96 328is 5speed - CDV Delete, SPAL electric fan with SPAL PWM controller, weight reduction, Koni str.t springs, H&R OE sport springs, 16" Kosei K1's, ECIS CAI, bored out cupholders.. etc

Sold 04/27/10 - Now rockin' a 1996 200sx SE-R.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Its funny I have been reading a bunch and some people don't like the racelands, they like something that costs 2,000 dollars and say racelands suck. Your e36 sucks next to a 911, its all about value and bang for your buck. I'm excited to get a set up and think they should work fine.
    If you broke a window on a house would you just put up some Saran Wrap? It does the same thing right? You can look out of it & it keeps the rain out. Why waste money on a new window? You're better off just replacing the worn suspension parts with OEM. OEM is inexpensive & far superior to some garbage made in China for posers.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    We use Saran wrap in Vermont along with glass if its not broken. Yes this is the delema I have a German car and I really don't want to put crap in from China. Isn't Siemens made in like Bangledesh or something? I know I sould go with 2" dropped springs and Boge struts and shocks. Would be like 200 bucks more than the racelands.

My Cars
    UV RAYS/VITAMIN D stg 3™
    Youll end up buying a 2nd set of coilovers soon. Do it right the first time.

I have not 1 complaint EVER about my TC Klines

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Yes this is the delema I have a German car and I really don't want to put crap in from China.
    Around where I live I see a lot of older Benz's that shouldn't be in the condition they're in. The owners decide they don't want to put a lot of money in to them, so they sell them. They end up in the 'hood with tint on them. Once something breaks, the new owner cheaps out or doesn't fix it. It's really sad seeing them in the hands of someone who doesn't have the resources to properly take care of it. They deserve better than that.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Um thats the car I ended up with. Except it's a Bimmer.

My Cars
    e36
    ive seen and installed racelands, if youre looking for a drop and no preformance theyre perfect if you wanna track your car save your money

My Cars
    1998 Euro323i-RHD(RIP)
    Your rim is broken in the front b/c of the Chinese products on your German car.
    Quit trying to shortchange your safety..

I think your drop looks rediculus on that DD sedan.,,almost RICE-Y..just buy an Accord next time and put a fart can muffler on it.
    I don't give a damn if you report me.

My Cars
    e46
    ^lmao damn straight up right there but sethum i really like ur susp. i want some coilovers! :x
    wat are spacers exactly and where do they go?

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Real ballas ride Racelands.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    Real baser's ride Ricelands.
    Fixed it for you. ;-) I know how baser's roll.

[/QUOTE]

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy View Post
    Fixed it for you. ;-) I know how baser's roll.

[/QUOTE]

not cool bro

My Cars
    200 323 ci
    Ballin on. A budget till I get my ast's

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    No such thing as Ballin' on a budget. How 'bout Smallin' on a budget? If you ain't a Baller, you must be a Smaller!!

My Cars
    1996 BMW E36 M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan323 View Post
    Your rim is broken in the front b/c of the Chinese products on your German car.
    Quit trying to shortchange your safety..

I think your drop looks rediculus on that DD sedan.,,almost RICE-Y..just buy an Accord next time and put a fart can muffler on it.
    I don't give a damn if you report me.

You Fucking Tard. Read you idiot. It is A Thread for Raceland Users and

No one care what you thing. Dont be the AssHole

as for spacers... They are like.. um giant washers that go

in between your wheel and hub in order to stick the wheel out a bit more.

My Cars
    SC300,S14,S13
    how do i install these rear things?

this thing doesnt go into the spring in any manner. the picture i have on the bottom shows the closest it will go in to the spring, but it doesnt go in all the way.

shits just confusing im not used to this cheap shit lol

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Force. Lots of it.

My Cars
    SC300,S14,S13
    is that the way it is supposed to go in though? i found an install guide for h&r coilovers but that lower perch in their guide looks nothing like mine...

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5
    Mine dont even fit no matter how hard we tried.

1995 M3 S52 turbo (Sold, like an idiot) -----------------------------------1998 M3/4/5 (Hopefully turbo soon, Nope sold this too)..................................E92 335i(God, I miss the E36's)

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    I'm not gonna lie, mine scraped some paint off the springs getting them in. Use a rubber mallet if you have to or something lol

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    Raceland threads FTW.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast