eBMWParts
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Raceland Coilovers Thread. Helpfull info inside.

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Alpine99 View Post
    I think you missing what I am trying to relay. I have no problem with raceland's coilover for the BMWs if you are just looking to dump you car. It totally works for that. If you simply close up the thread to only those with them it is going to be a pretty biased thread with only information from a bias source. I haven't ridden in a raceland equipped vehicle. I was simply commenting that the rear shocks appear to be Boge Turbos and the shocks action caused a vibration in both rear shocks that I had in my hands.

If someone is seriously considering this setup then a proper thread is a great idea. A thread that has experience from not only the biased happy users but also those that have potentially had problems or did not like them. My DDM Coilover thread/review was full of both.

I will restate again. I have zero problem with Raceland coilovers if you want to lower BMW. They obviously are good for that. If I bought a 95 325iS and wanted to lower it crazy I would buy the Raceland's. My E30 I care about more than that and it has Ground Controls. My 328iC I just wanted to slam it so it got DDM coilovers as the Racelands were not available. I am not 'hating' on your thread. Just should allow those with suspension setup/knowledge be able to help and reply to questions/concerns IMO.
    I would take anything this guys says to heart. M3Alpine99 is just trying to give people a heads up on what HE saw. He isnt syaing there bad at all, just giving an opinion which is good in these kinds of thread. Plus he had DDM's on his 328 which looked amazing. I would value his opinion rather then say your not looking for opinions.

1995 M3 S52 turbo (Sold, like an idiot) -----------------------------------1998 M3/4/5 (Hopefully turbo soon, Nope sold this too)..................................E92 335i(God, I miss the E36's)

My Cars
    03' 325i S/P
    Thanks for the imput guys, it's just I've seen so many raceland threads go downhill so fast I'm trying to keep this pretty technical for those who are buying racelands, or those are looking into it, from my perspective.

Like I said be my guest at creating a seperate thread, ID be very happy to post all my knowledge. I would create it, but having 2 raceland threads as pretty much my only posts looks kinda cheap coilover fanboi-ish. Haha.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    You guys should start your own forum.

My Cars
    Searching...
    Food for thought when slamming your car.

The front end of an E36 should not be very much lower than my car pictured (maybe another half inch lower AT MOST) if you want to extract performance out of it. You compromise geometry increasingly. The rear can be as low as you can get it, in theory.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson
    Suspension Overhaul FAQ

My Cars
    93 325I, 86 vr6 golf
    so to make the rear suspensions better off and more comfortable to drive, you recommend to change the SHOCKS to something else than the RLs?.. like the bilsteins shocks??
    how about the front ones?
    any one find a place to order the end links??
    and do the bushings have to be changed?

My Cars
    03' 325i S/P

I just roll dumped. haha. It hardly ever rubs too... bottoms out some though...
    Last edited by 325iSport; 03-29-2010 at 11:36 PM.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    bottoms out some though...
    Ya think?

My Cars
    1995 240sx, 1994 e36 coupe
    Looks good, dont change a thing.

Whats your plans for wheels?

My Cars
    325is, maxima
    Do you guys still run rear spring pads?

I am going to run bilistein rear struts + racelands, got all the parts just need to install!
    Last edited by Kingrye; 03-31-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    03' 325i S/P
    You mean the rubber deal that fit into the top of the spring? I put mine on my new coil...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Lamin-x'd shameless pic whoring...

installed the 10mm spacers out back..

holy huge pics batman. sorry you don't get a resize just please dont qoute them bitches. i dont have any foto image software here im posting from my iphone
    Last edited by 325iSport; 04-01-2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    325is, maxima
    yea theres a pad for both top and bottom I take it you only used the one not on the adjuster side...?

My Cars
    1996 328is
    racelands are awesome!

car looks great op
    Last edited by SethuM; 04-03-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    99 Fern M3
    Any way to get the Racelands to work on the M cars ?

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Yes; you weld on the sway bar tabs, but don't do it: and this is coming from a Raceland owner.

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    Yes; you weld on the sway bar tabs, but don't do it: and this is coming from a Raceland owner.
    or swap the lower control arms witha non m and use a non m sway bar..
    not worth it tho IMO

My Cars
    03' 325i S/P
    Personally, I would have figured the M would have many good solutions to slammage, atleast over any sedan or coupe 3 series..

I'm still happy with mine..

My Cars
    Avus M3, dumped e46 323i
    Man i cant wait too get some, thats all i want right now, to lower it, especially the rear, as im running lowering springs in the front, and stock in the back, rubbed too much with just me in the car with springs in the back.

My Cars
    1997 M3 track car
    TO all E36 M3 owners you can run these coilovers for about $40 extra dollars its very simple, go to napa get altrom sway bar endlinks for a E36 non M3 then ask for the ENDLINK SUPPORT BRACKET that bolts to the lower control arm for a NON M3 E36 it simply bolts to the lower control arms on the M3 i have done this on many E36 M3's including my own

My Cars
    01 dinan 7 sport, 83 733
    ^ correct. there is no need to swap control arms as some might think.

Quote Originally Posted by SethuM View Post
    or swap the lower control arms witha non m and use a non m sway bar..
    not worth it tho IMO
    non m sway and control arms do not need to be swapped in order to use non m endlinks.
    Last edited by NegativeCamber; 04-29-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    94 325iC
    I had the front pair installed last friday and the car is not lowered at all (turned all the way up) at the moment. When I hit a bump/dip on the highway or train tracks, the front end seems to hit fairly hard. I still have a headache from friday's bump.

My question is: Would lowering the coilovers help with these bumps or will it make it worse?
    I'm not running low profile tires. I'm actually running stock wheels with a bit wider tires, 215/60R15.

My Cars
    1996 328is

My Cars
    94 325iC
    I'll try lowering it down about half way sometime this week. Just wondering what others' experiences are with the spring seat raised to top, lowered half way and lowered all the way in terms of ride comfort.

My Cars
    '96 Nissan 200sx SE-R MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Spoonman View Post
    Food for thought when slamming your car.

The front end of an E36 should not be very much lower than my car pictured (maybe another half inch lower AT MOST) if you want to extract performance out of it. You compromise geometry increasingly. The rear can be as low as you can get it, in theory.

I had H&R OE sports on my car and they looked exactly like this. About an inch to an inch and a half is the lowest i'd go on these cars. i had scraping issues dropping 1in. on the front & 0.5in. on the rear with brand new shocks.

If you dump your car like that, say goodbye to your oil pan, underpanels, etc.
    '96 328is 5speed - CDV Delete, SPAL electric fan with SPAL PWM controller, weight reduction, Koni str.t springs, H&R OE sport springs, 16" Kosei K1's, ECIS CAI, bored out cupholders.. etc

Sold 04/27/10 - Now rockin' a 1996 200sx SE-R.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Quote Originally Posted by neptronix View Post
    I had H&R OE sports on my car and they looked exactly like this. About an inch to an inch and a half is the lowest i'd go on these cars. i had scraping issues dropping 1in. on the front & 0.5in. on the rear with brand new shocks.

If you dump your car like that, say goodbye to your oil pan, underpanels, etc.
    If you drive like it's someone else's car, I gaurantee you'll destroy stuff even at the stock ride height ... I've driven 8 or 9k miles dropped very low and aside from one 6 inch scrape on the frame rail (which lets be honest is an easy fix with some undercoat), I have yet to damage anything.

My Cars
    '96 Nissan 200sx SE-R MT
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    If you drive like it's someone else's car, I gaurantee you'll destroy stuff even at the stock ride height ... I've driven 8 or 9k miles dropped very low and aside from one 6 inch scrape on the frame rail (which lets be honest is an easy fix with some undercoat), I have yet to damage anything.
    I agree with you there. I was scraping my cats on stock springs. Effing rediculous if you ask me.

Go lower than an inch and you're asking for trouble unless your springs are stiff to the point of uncomfortability.
    '96 328is 5speed - CDV Delete, SPAL electric fan with SPAL PWM controller, weight reduction, Koni str.t springs, H&R OE sport springs, 16" Kosei K1's, ECIS CAI, bored out cupholders.. etc

Sold 04/27/10 - Now rockin' a 1996 200sx SE-R.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast