Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: My Old Green Rice-tastic 328Ci

My Cars
    '03 325xi, '04 ZHP, CX-7
    Have to say, this is really really nice. It's very obvious tons of hard work went into this thing! I know I'm just stating the obvious, but I'm really quite impressed with the level of detail.

I'd be very interested to see how you integrate the backup camera. I'd been considering it, but didn't really ever figure out how to do a good job of it.

matte black grills | 35% tint | lip spoiler | vanos replaced | transmission software upgrade | sharpie mod | dr. colorchip | di-noc trim
    control arms & bushings replaced | pdc diy | clown nose, blink & chirp activated | red tails | pink whale mod | chrome/leather shift knob | everything hardwired

My Cars
    2000 328Ci Metalic Fern Green
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Have to say, this is really really nice. It's very obvious tons of hard work went into this thing! I know I'm just stating the obvious, but I'm really quite impressed with the level of detail.

I'd be very interested to see how you integrate the backup camera. I'd been considering it, but didn't really ever figure out how to do a good job of it.
    I'll make sure to update this thread with pics when it goes in (though tom might hate on me some more )

Moved visual awesomeness to this page:

So, as I mentioned, I also wanted a little more entertainment to go with the exterior styling. Enter Dynavin

and to make it even more unique, I have two additional features going in:

2. Back up camera that should be installed this week some day after work

Anyway, now on to the good stuff.....

Welcome the newest toys

The boxes

The toys

355mm 6 piston fronts with 355mm 4 piston rears

Installation

Fronts installed

Rears installed

Like I said, not designed for this application... in fact, these are designed for the E90/E92 M3s... Look at this clearance LOL. And this is on very aggressive 19s

At cars and coffee in great falls

Teaser from the upcoming photo shoot.

First two shots from that shoot. Was done for a euro mag and two e-zines

Add this to the list of new pics from the photoshoot. These should be in several features over the next few months

Last edited by MD328ci; 08-31-2010 at 02:31 PM.

My Cars
    A few additions....

Back up camera and Nintendo 64 hooked up to the head unit

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wq9D_7C3Tw[/ame]

better vid as it's indoors
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seUBIklwmHE[/ame]

Also rigged the nav screen to use my car's picture as the startup
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=votW6Mrx6cA[/ame]

Back up camera.. you can see it above the license plate on the right

My Cars
    2002 330i BSM
    Hands down my favorite non-M. My hat goes off to you, sir.
    Cunninlynguists. Because real hip hop.

My Cars
    Dude, I don't even know
    i jizzed when i saw the 64 work. I WANTTTTTTTTTTTT

My Cars
    1999 323i
    riced-out? not hardly. it looks awesome. eagle f1s ftw. Having a well performing set of tires on there before anything says a lot about your priorities, in a good way. keep it up.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323CI
    Wow, I like it.
    This picture is one of my all time favorites.

My Cars
    Motorcars
    You've put a lot of work into that car, nice job!

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    Perfect Dark FTW! I honestly didn't think you had it in you. We must meet one day so that I may be able to shake your hand.

Now you need golden eye and you'll be all set, and Mario Kart.
    Last edited by NDubSki; 09-22-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Now they dropping and yelling, it's a tad too late, Nate K and Rayzah Blade had to regulate.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even thank her." ~W.C. Fields
    Two tone leather boots, CF B&R emblems, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED sidemarkers, CF interior layout, Suwoo highbeam bowls
    Rooted Droid2 running stock overclocked to 600 MHz

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by ch40t1c View Post
    Hands down my favorite non-M. My hat goes off to you, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Syco View Post
    i jizzed when i saw the 64 work. I WANTTTTTTTTTTTT
    Haha... I can help you with the install should you do it. It actually wasn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerock323 View Post
    riced-out? not hardly. it looks awesome. eagle f1s ftw. Having a well performing set of tires on there before anything says a lot about your priorities, in a good way. keep it up.
    Yeah man. I've always been of the mindset that you have to pay to play. Never skimp out on stuff as it just comes around to bite you in the @$$. Learned my lesson early on and always paid for the premium parts. Vorsteiner, DPE, etc... they are all "aftermarket" and, as a result, have flaws.. but they are pretty much the top of the line aftermarket offerings for this type of application (showy)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan4549 View Post
    Wow, I like it.
    This picture is one of my all time favorites.
    Thanks man. I do also love that photo. Wish it was taken when I had the brakes though. Would look even better with the bbk spinning
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGone View Post
    You've put a lot of work into that car, nice job!
    Thanks man. What I find funny is the exact same thread on M3forums resulted in nothing but "why would you ever spend all that money and not just buy an m3".

I understand an m3 is clearly a "better" platform from a performance standpoint. I also get that I spent a lot of money "upgrading" to m3 parts. But i find the inability of many members on that forum to compliment the vehicle to be a asimple result of insecurity or frustration. It's as if many of them can't bring themselves to like or appreciate something that doesn't have an M on it... lameeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubSki View Post
    Perfect Dark FTW! I honestly didn't think you had it in you. We must meet one day so that I may be able to shake your hand.

Now you need golden eye and you'll be all set, and Mario Kart.
    Sounds good man. We can meet up and play n64 while cruising

I actually went ahead and bought copies of Mario Kart and Goldeneye on ebay. Both arrived a while back and work

My Cars
    13' Nissian Frontier P4x
    Amazing car man! Love the color and i dont see it too often! Very clean... i wish i could do half of what you did to my car, haha
    BFC Nikonian #6
    BFC Motocycle Club!

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by MD328ci View Post
    Sounds good man. We can meet up and play n64 while cruising

I actually went ahead and bought copies of Mario Kart and Goldeneye on ebay. Both arrived a while back and work
    I have absolutely no problem donating any N64 games I can find at my house to you. Next time I'm back home form college, I'll dig them up and send you a PM
    Now they dropping and yelling, it's a tad too late, Nate K and Rayzah Blade had to regulate.
    Two tone leather boots, CF B&R emblems, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED sidemarkers, CF interior layout, Suwoo highbeam bowls

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Undeniably sick.

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    What I love is how, after everything you've done to her, you have kept that green color... Haha I guess that's why it makes this car so sick, because it's so unique, individual.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsNeverLose View Post
    Amazing car man! Love the color and i dont see it too often! Very clean... i wish i could do half of what you did to my car, haha
    Thanks so much
    I have absolutely no problem donating any N64 games I can find at my house to you. Next time I'm back home form college, I'll dig them up and send you a PM
    Look forward to hearing from you man
    Quote Originally Posted by WoLF View Post
    Undeniably sick.
    Thanks man. Really kind of you guys with the compliments. What started out as just an effort to personalize became a hobby, than somewhat of a lifestyle, than a competitive interest, and now a whole social circle. I've made so many friends along the way, joined a car club (www.teamsolo.net), and loved the whole process.

I actually showed a lot this season. Took either best BMW or Best European import at every show I attended (probably 7 or 8 different big shows including the east coast finals at Ocean City, MD)

My Cars
    Dude, I don't even know
    hell yeah, like ndub said I love that you're rockin the green still. I have yet to see another green BMW in ga(I have fern green). not one. I feel so awesome. as for the goldeneye I'd like to issue a challenge to anyone who thinks they can beat me. winner gets a 6pack

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Car is sic, and will always be sic imho.....go moar.....pls

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Syco View Post
    hell yeah, like ndub said I love that you're rockin the green still. I have yet to see another green BMW in ga(I have fern green). not one. I feel so awesome. as for the goldeneye I'd like to issue a challenge to anyone who thinks they can beat me. winner gets a 6pack
    You want to send me that 6 pack in advance? When I'm Jaws, no one leaves alive. Facility level FTW!

My Cars
    You want to send me that 6 pack in advance? When I'm Jaws, no one leaves alive. Facility level FTW!
    Give me either Bond or Oddjob.

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by MD328ci View Post
    Give me either Bond or Oddjob.
    BTW golden guns are for pussy...cats

My Cars
    BTW golden guns are for pussy...cats
    klobb ftw

My Cars
    05' BMW 330i ZHP
    You sir have the one of the most tastefully modded show-car E46's I've ever seen. I usually puke when I see things like CF hoods, but you executed everything so well that it all just meshes together to make something quite unique; you made it your own. The overall compilation is so well done that individual parts that some may not like (for me, that shift knob!) just don't matter because as a whole, it kicks friggen arse.

Hats off to you for not caring about what people have to say about the fact that you could have bought an M3. Much respect for looking at the big picture, and that as nice as an M3 is, it is not nearly as suitable for daily driving as your 328Ci is.
    Botond Pal
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    ZHP Mafia

My Cars
    E46M
    You must have an S54 or turbocharger/supercharger in your 328, right?

My Cars
    e21, e30 m3. e46 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kBMW3Series View Post
    You must have an S54 or turbocharger/supercharger in your 328, right?
    nope! just one baster-ized,err--customized 328ci.

i must admit, i do like the deep green paint. together with the red calipers, it reminds me of christmas.

"BMW the ultimate Barbie doll."
    Last edited by Tom D; 09-22-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Tom D

77 e21 - m42
    88 e30m3
    04 330 dinan3
    84 r1000rt
    02 r1150rs
    all of them gray
    14 f800gsa - red headed stepchild!

My Cars
    E46M
    I think your next mod should be a turbocharger, if you can install/tune it...
    If not, then supercharger...

However, needless to say that car looks car. If it had the power of an ///M that would probably make it my all-time favorite E46 (besides my own ) I've seen on this thread.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast