Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: My Old Green Rice-tastic 328Ci

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Do you have this image in a hi-def resolution?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3452/...805775d8_o.jpg

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

My Cars
    2000 328Ci Metalic Fern Green
    Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    That is a lot of $$, but it all looks great and ties together very nicely. Can't say I dislike anything, and i love how the CF works on green. I really want that hood, and the rear diffuser is awesome.

Well done
    Thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by threetwothreeci View Post
    So you ditched the console install?
    No, the V1 unit, that picks up signals, is left up in the cd visor thingy... but, it's hardwired up through the headliner, down the pillar, behind the dash, and into the ash tray area.. in doing so, i can leave the v1 permanently up there, have the signal sent down where it's visible, and, if i ever get pulled over, I close that tray and nobody would know it was ever there. You will notice there is also a button between the z8 push start and the v1... when the tray is shut, it flips that switch and cuts power to the v1 all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nK3y View Post
    Do you have this image in a hi-def resolution?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3452/...805775d8_o.jpg
    I can try and get it from the photographer... unfortunately, the only super high res one i have is this as i made it my wallpaper
    Last edited by MD328ci; 03-16-2010 at 08:30 AM.

My Cars
    e46 325ci
    You are an inspiration to us with dark green e46s (Oxford Green in my case!). Very well put together, personally would change up a few things, but overall, a very sexy car. Keep up the good work mate!

///Weisspower

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    You are an inspiration to us with dark green e46s (Oxford Green in my case!). Very well put together, personally would change up a few things, but overall, a very sexy car. Keep up the good work mate!
    What would you suggest. As I mentioned on the last page, always up for constructive criticism, suggestions, or flat out negative feedback. Things can always be better so I welcome it all

My Cars
    e46 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by MD328ci View Post
    What would you suggest. As I mentioned on the last page, always up for constructive criticism, suggestions, or flat out negative feedback. Things can always be better so I welcome it all
    I'm not totally sold on the exposed CF on the hood. It just seems to break up the lines of the car too much, makes it appear too complicated and busy. If you were to get change the chrome window trim to black, it would help simplify things a bit. Either way, I think a M3 hood would be a better choice, and really pull the car together.

Not sure how it would look, but have you considered lightly smoking the clear part of the taillights? At the moment, they seem to 'pop' out too much. Are they Eagle Eyes?

P.S: Are you still on PSS9s? The drop looks good!

///Weisspower

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    I'm not totally sold on the exposed CF on the hood. It just seems to break up the lines of the car too much, makes it appear too complicated and busy. If you were to get change the chrome window trim to black, it would help simplify things a bit. Either way, I think a M3 hood would be a better choice, and really pull the car together.

Not sure how it would look, but have you considered lightly smoking the clear part of the taillights? At the moment, they seem to 'pop' out too much. Are they Eagle Eyes?

P.S: Are you still on PSS9s? The drop looks good!
    Interesting you picked out things that I have always actually considered myself. When I got the cf hood, I was intending on painting all of it except the vents themselves. However, after seeing the hood on the car at the body shop, I just thought that the cf went so well with the green that I would leave some of it exposed. Also knew it would help at car shows which, while they aren't a big thing, I do attend every now and then. For what it's worth, if the cf didn't blend in so well with the green, i honestly would probably have had it repainted when done and just painted the whole thing. In certain lights though, you can't even tell there is cf on the hood.. just seems to flow from the green. In direct sunlight, of course, it's as noticable as it gets

As for the tails, they are eagle eyes and I have considered smoking the red part darker so that it looks more black/white than red/white but i guess you are suggesting red/black which i hadn't considered.

Lastly, with the window trim, I was on the verge of having it done in black vinyl but canned it at the last minute as i thought the chrome went nicely with the polished lips. Most guys that mod their cars go with the black trim so i figured, eh it'll be different to leave it as is. Definitely worth considering though and I appreciate all the input
    Last edited by MD328ci; 03-16-2010 at 10:17 AM.

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Well done Kevin.

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Well done Kevin.
    Kevin?

My Cars
    2001 330ci, 1992 535i
    good looking ride. wasnt sure about some of the body mods but they actually look good...and the install seems to be quality as well.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by viperocco View Post
    good looking ride. wasnt sure about some of the body mods but they actually look good...and the install seems to be quality as well.
    Thanks man.. i learned off the bat that, when doing aftermarket stuff, you have to pay top dollar for prep/paint

Had a shop that wasn't all that pricey prep paint and install this spoiler.. not only did they do a horrendous job, but they also told me it looked perfect and installed it with epoxy so i couldn't remove it.

Look how wavy and crummy the work done by Imperial Auto Body in Rockville MD was...

Fortunately, Euro Pro's in Gaithersburg, MD, who has done all my work since, were able to fix it WHILE EPOXIED ON THE CAR.... those guys are amazing

Look at the difference

My Cars
    Golf R & S10 ZR2
    Nice thread. Thanks.

My Cars
    2001 330ci, 1992 535i
    Where did you get the clear corners and reflectors? I have a metallic orient blue coupe and am thinking of going the same route.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by viperocco View Post
    Where did you get the clear corners and reflectors? I have a metallic orient blue coupe and am thinking of going the same route.
    Both the smoked and purely clear corners are available on www.modbargains.com for sale.

Or, if you wanted, I would be happy to meet up and sell you my old clears (i have the smoked ones on now) somewhere in MD.

My Cars
    '14 4Runner Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by MD328ci View Post
    Thanks man

No, the V1 unit, that picks up signals, is left up in the cd visor thingy... but, it's hardwired up through the headliner, down the pillar, behind the dash, and into the ash tray area.. in doing so, i can leave the v1 permanently up there, have the signal sent down where it's visible, and, if i ever get pulled over, I close that tray and nobody would know it was ever there. You will notice there is also a button between the z8 push start and the v1... when the tray is shut, it flips that switch and cuts power to the v1 all together.
    Ah, I get it now, thanks.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by threetwothreeci View Post
    Ah, I get it now, thanks.
    No worries

My Cars
    2000 323i
    ive always loved your car chase!

My Cars
    00 323ci Coupe Auto
    Pretty dam sick!!! Slam it take, take some pics and raise it back up!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by phillie View Post
    Pretty dam sick!!! Slam it take, take some pics and raise it back up!

:wink:

My Cars
    E46M
    You take some sweet pictures man.
    You should consider entering the picture contests.

I like the carbon-fiber look on the hood. Makes it unique.

My Cars
    Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, the best of my photography skills include a point and shoot camera phone lol. Most were taken by a couple different professionals in the area.

As for the carbon fiber hood, the unique factor is what lead me to leave it painted like that and not just paint the whole thing... Wanted something different and, to date, have only seen a few other people who replicated the paint job i went with. Nice to have something different

My Cars
    2010 328xi N51
    I have a stock 2000 same color as yours. I have never seen another Fern Green E46 Coupe. Overall I like your mods. I have a question, do you still have your stock drivers side mirror? I would be interested in buying it from you if you do.

Garry

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by grussell View Post
    I have a stock 2000 same color as yours. I have never seen another Fern Green E46 Coupe. Overall I like your mods. I have a question, do you still have your stock drivers side mirror? I would be interested in buying it from you if you do.

Garry
    You know, I actually do still have that mirror if you need it

My Cars
    '02 325ci '97 NA Eunos
    Nice, but IMO the hood is alittle too much and the CSL's look alot better then your current rims. You did a very nice job on the rear bumper and the exhaust. Front lip is a bit border line too much but not bad. The only thing that I'd change are the CF hood (just don't like the look my taste lol) and the rims to the CSL's (again my taste lol).

But nice job either way.
    "Screwed" by ESS Tuning

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988 325ix View Post
    Nice, but IMO the hood is alittle too much and the CSL's look alot better then your current rims. You did a very nice job on the rear bumper and the exhaust. Front lip is a bit border line too much but not bad. The only thing that I'd change are the CF hood (just don't like the look my taste lol) and the rims to the CSL's (again my taste lol).

But nice job either way.
    That makes sense. To each their own and the new rims are certainly a bit more aggressive/showy. The thing was that, in the modding scene, almost every e46 has the CSLs and, to go with the aggressive body styling, I wanted something a bit more unique and a bit more fancy schmancy. The DPEs had a similar mesh style to the CSLs but added a lip and rivets for the aggressiveness

Here are some with the CSLs.. they certainly were "cleaner". And, without the tint, looks even cleaner.

one of my favs

Last edited by MD328ci; 03-17-2010 at 03:14 PM.

My Cars
    2K Z3 2.8
    I'm not a fan of the M5 ears, but I've always loved your car!
    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast