Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LS1 Hyd Slave Cyl

My Cars
    04 Allroad, F20c Lotus 7
    agreed, looks like the clutch sensor - either bottom or top mounted depending on the year for starter interlock and/or cruise disable.

Maynor is your car in the GRM UTCC!? if so that would be awesome to see such a nice e36 lsx showcased.

you should make those brackets and sell them, seriously, I can think of some people that would like them...

My Cars
    "Hybrid" E36 M3
    I wish I was in the UTCC this year. Didn't know if I'd have the car ready in time with the broken rocker, cracked wheel spokes (CCW service ROCKS by the way) and this modification.

I'll be there for support for some friends who are in it however and racing over the weekend. I have no welding skills so I asked a local shop to make up and install that bracket. I really wish I could weld... handy skill to have.

Thanks for the info on the clutch interlock. Looks like I can toss it and save a few more ounces of weight.
    John
    E36 LS3

My Cars
    95 M3, 01 330ci

My Cars
    "Hybrid" E36 M3
    After three brutally hot sessions today at VIR (one more to go), I can definitively say the 7/8" clutch master is absolutely amazing! I had no idea the TR6060 could be this buttery smooth when it comes to shifting.

My high rpm downshift issue is gone. It's almost boring how quick and smooth the shifts now are. Even idling, rowing the gears has zero noticness or bind.

I'm pissed I didnt do this sooner because it's a slap in your face difference. Word of advice, If you have any notchiness whatsoever, if gear changes arent buttery smooth, in any gear, at any rpm/speed, your clutch master should be considered suspect.
    John
    E36 LS3

My Cars
    BMW m3 e36 1994
    do you can write some diy for install this 7/8 master cylinder in e36 with all part numbers?

great that you resolved this problem.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocrvaw3d4UM Dont drive over limited speed!!! Drive safely......

My Cars
    2003 M5, 2014 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynor View Post
    I'm pissed I didnt do this sooner because it's a slap in your face difference. Word of advice, If you have any notchiness whatsoever, if gear changes arent buttery smooth, in any gear, at any rpm/speed, your clutch master should be considered suspect.
    No Wai!!

2003 M5 LSx l 6 Spd Manual l 4.10 LSD
    Build Thread
    The chassis must always be regarded as a means to an end and never as an end itself

My Cars
    "Hybrid" E36 M3
    Foler,

Unfortunately, no write up. The part number for the master cylinder is in my post one page back. The bracket was custom done by a local shop. The fittings to connect the master cylinder to the stock pedal were off the shelf hardware. Everything else was fairly plug and play as far as the hose connections go.

Schitzo, Wai!
    Last edited by Maynor; 07-24-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    John
    E36 LS3

My Cars
    m3 ls1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynor View Post
    I hate to say it but I noticed a difference immediately with the new 7/8" clutch master cylinder. Just engaging the gears while parked, there was a difference. Zero notchyness including reverse. My old master could have been on its way out as well but the difference was very noticeable even with a brand new slave cylinder already installed.

I could not use the Tilton piece due to size. It was physically too long to fit under the dash. I wound up with a compact 7/8" Wilwood remote mount master cylinder instead. Part number 260-10374. Click on that link for all the dimensions/specs if desired.

It required a custom bracket to fit:

The clutch fluid hose still needs a grommet at the firewall obviously.

I also went with a dedicated 10oz. clutch fluid reservoir, shown here next to the brake master cylinder:

It amazing how much faster and easier it is to bleed the clutch master and slave. The volume of fluid coming out of the bleeder is significantly more the the OEM 3/4" clutch master cylinder/GM slave cylinder. LS7 clutch and pressure plate.

I'll be able to tell if this fixes my high rpm downshift issues next weekend at VIR, right after the GRM UTCC. It works for all the track Corvette guys with the same issue so I'm optimistic.

One question, does anyone know what this sensor/switch is?

It was displaced during the clutch pedal removal and I have no idea what it does. I would like to know if its okay to toss it. It wasn't connected to anything.
    did you ever solve the clutch sitting 3" too high?

- - - Updated - - -

so i am fixing a swap car, and well i dislike how high the wilwood cmc causes the clutch pedal to sit, anyone have any solutions???

[img=http://s15.postimg.org/bm6rs1gh3/image.jpg]

[img=http://s8.postimg.org/ga2ezpc4x/image.jpg]

My Cars
    95 M3
    Cut the pushrod shorter and re-thread it?
    95 M3, 5.3 LS, PTE 7675CEA, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
    10.4@136 Pump gas at 3530lbs.

Build thread
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...LS-Turbo-build

My Cars
    m3 ls1
    Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    Cut the pushrod shorter and re-thread it?
    That could work, I dont know how long the factory rod is to make it all compliant.

My Cars
    BMW Z3

Z3-LS1 Master Cylinder upgarde

Hi John,

I was reading through the forum and found that you upgraded you master cylinder to wilwood one, tried to search through the posts where you posted photos for under the dashboard of the bracket.
    Is it possible if you could post the photo again.
    Thanks

Sam

Z3-LS1/T56

- - - Updated - - -

Hi John,

I was reading through the forum and found that you upgraded you master cylinder to wilwood one, tried to search through the posts where you posted photos for under the dashboard of the bracket.
    Is it possible if you could post the photo again.
    Thanks

Sam

Z3-LS1/T56

My Cars
    "Hybrid" E36 M3
    Sorry Sam,

Those pictures are no more and I no longer have the backups (or the car).
    John
    E36 LS3

My Cars
    BMW 525i
    @samramgarhia , I sell kits that adapt the 7/8" Wilwood master to the stock location. I'll send you a DM.

www.LantzFab.com
    Last edited by Lantz; 03-15-2023 at 05:23 PM.
    2002 BMW 525i - 6.6L LS Turbo Swap
    Follow me on Instagram at @LantzFab
    Link to LantzFab.com
    Link to my Facebook page
    Link to my build page

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345