Thread: 1995 525i Key Fob / Remote replacment

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i

1995 525i Key Fob / Remote replacment

I just got my first BMW. I have always loved BMWs and finally got my first. I just got a 1995 BMW 525i in white and although I'm a 1 and 3 series fan I'm slowly falling in love with this car.

It's older so the key is not a key fob, it's an actual key and a hefty one at that. It came with a three button remote. The remote is badly damaged and IDK if it even works.

Basically, I'm looking for some sort of modern replacement key with the remote built-in. Does anyone know where I can order one from and where I can get it cut?

My Cars
    1986 535i, 2012 X5 50i
    Do a search for the IR keyless or alarm. Your key seems to be the IR one which needs a sensor on the dash top air vent. There are a couple of threads here about repairing these so search is your friend!
    Jimmy Moreno
    BMW CCA 115551
    1986 535i, Arctic Blue
    2012 X5 XDrive 501, Sparkling Bronze Metallic

My Cars
    1995 525i 5spd
    Actually it sounds like it's NOT the IR, more like the old key with the flashlight and the 3 button seperate transmitter. If that's the case, you can buy a replacement remote from Ebay that works with the alarm but looks more modern. Do a search for factory remote bmw on there and you should see them.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i
    @cornflakecwl

Yea that's what I have. Thanks for the tip.

Also, how do you get forum sigs?

Do i have to post a code each time or is there a place i can set one up so they appear each time under my posts automatically?
    Last edited by GadgetGuy22; 03-25-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1995 525i
    I just ordered a OEM replacement remote from this place. They are very reliable. I stayed with the OEM remote because the chip is easily programable.

remotemkt@optonline.net
    Burn My Wallet:

My Cars
    '11 Golf TDI+Porsche 996
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuy22 View Post
    @cornflakecwl

Yea that's what I have. Thanks for the tip.

Also, how do you get forum sigs?

Do i have to post a code each time or is there a place i can set one up so they appear each time under my posts automatically?
    15 posts I think you need to have,
    I own mostly junk. Except the Porsche, that's kind of cool.
    All the motorcycles are trash which you can read about at
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/

I'll update it eventually

Thansk

My Cars
    BMW E66
    i have the same problem got the car with only one remote key but its broken and i don't know how to get a new remote key, please any advise where i can get one

My Cars
    1995 525i
    I googled wireless remotes and found the OEMs, than I went on Ebay and found them cheaper and ordered one. I actually have an extra OEM for sale if you want it. Send me an email at tvbunk@comcast.net.
    Burn My Wallet:

My Cars
    BMW E66
    then how do i use this one ? does it need programing and all the stuff, what do i need to do get it working tlike the one i have now ?

My Cars
    1995 525i

OEM wireless Remote

If the car has a wireless remote unit, it is under the back seat on the left side. Just follow the instructions on the unit holding the buttons down at the same time and the unit will be learned and programmed. Goggle how to program new keyless entry on the internet.
    Burn My Wallet: