Thread: Turner Motorsports is NOT to be trusted!!!READ

Hey Guys,
    I just wanted to warn you about Turner Motorsports and Doug Mahir. Man, those guys are the most lying, crooked SOBs next to a Dirty cop. I ordered a UUC short shifter from one of their distributors, and they sent me the WRONG ONE!!! I called up and asked them about it because my car was shifting like a MACK TRUCK. Doug Mahir said that he didn't have any in stock, but he would ship me a new one as soon as it came into stock and I had to send the old back. He said that the new ones are more expensive than the one I paid for and that was all they were going to get in the future. I said OK, and gave him my credit card number. I waited a week or so and called them. At first, Will said that Doug wasn't in but tried to take care of me. He said that my credit card was declined(I have perfect credit). I knew he was lying. He then put me on hold and DOUG( the guy that was supposed to be gone) accidentally picked up the phone. I recognized his voice and asked him about the situation. He asked me if I had installed the shifter and I said, Yeah, couldn't know that it was the wrong one if I hadn't. He then said,"Well, I can't give you a refund." He then came up with a whole slur of self-contradicting remarks(which I brought to his attention that they were contradictory, and he just blew me off.) He then said that,"There's nothing I can do!!!" and hung up the phone. This is where it gets REALLY shitty. I called my card company today, and they said that there was a charge still processing from Turner Motorsports for $105.00 and NO CREDIT had been issued for the amount. I was PISSED!!! I put a dispute on the charge and plan to take legal action. What would you guys do? Just trying to warn you. Don't buy crap from TMS. Very Crooked!!!:

My Cars
    '97 M3

just another data point,

but I'll say that I've had good service from Turner in the past, and they treated me well when I visited them in Amesbury. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience, that's really unfortunate.

just my 3 yen,

scott

My Cars
    '99 m3 151k
    I'd say just let the credit card company take care of it... you were basically ripped off and thus your charges are covered under the credit card's policy. The credit card guys are always the easiest to talk to, and they've always won my money back for me... coolest thing is that they credit you the charges even before the matter is settled.

sorry for your situation , sounds like it really sucks -

I have had nothing but positive experiences with both TMS and Doug specifically... i am really surprised that they won't work it out with you.

....hmmm very rare for Tuner. Will is usually excellent with his customers.

Just a tip for anyone with an AMEX Corporate Card. I always use it for all my phone/internet purchases. Everytime I've been jacked, they've give me no hassles unlike my First USA VISA. Everytime I talk to First USA they almost brainwash me into thinking that I'm the crook. I'm surprised how much the Corporate AMEX trusts the customers and they will immediately refund my money within 1-3 days and charge the retailer back or eat the cost...usually no proof needed!
    Last edited by Zippy M3; 03-21-2001 at 04:20 PM.
    01 LSB M3, E36 M3

I agree that it's easiest to handle it through the credit card. It's always best to use credit cards for these kinds of things. There's little else you can do other than make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and maybe file a claim in small claims court.

I also agree that First USA is the worst. They refused to take off a $2600 fraudulent charge for over a year! Citibank is really good, on the other hand. They even called to ask me if I made the charges, and very quickly removed the charges.
    '99 Titanium M3 Coupe

good info to know,, thanks
    i bought some slotted brembos from TMS, my only beef is that there were no mounting instructions so i didnt know which rotor went on which wheel. i put them on the way my stock ones were,,, they warped within 2 weeks... i was sad. i have them sitting in my garage in case i ever need a boat anchor or something like that...
    they do look pretty cool though,, with those slots and all...lol they're too big to use as paperweights, bummer. anyone know a good use for all these warped/heat spotted rotors that i have? seems like they could be used for something.
    Tommy aka TampaTurboM3
    95 AA turbo M3
    11.679 @ 118.79 1/4 mile 11/20/2004
    Daily Driven, Stock Looking

Shit I never had a problem with them .. In fact they send stuff to me before I pay them ... Thats good business:

My Cars
    10 second go-ped.
    Well, weld a metal pole with arms on it and make a coat hanger.. thats what i did.. Kind of a cool industrial look. Use the disc as the base

Sorry to hear that your having problems with TMS. I will say that Will Turner was a real class act when i asked for a refund for my crap injector (shark injector) and refunded my money promptly and said he was sorry that i was not happy with the product and only wanted to have satisified customers. I would not hesitate to deal with him in the future.

Hope it works out for you.
    Eric G.
    Louisville KY
    gschomi@aol.com
    98 BMW M3/4 cosmos
    01 Protege ES (auto X/commuter)
    84 xj Cherokee "the rock crawler." (4 sale)
    BMWCCA#188400

Awesome posting MMTuning !

That is what this BBS is for, to let other bimmer fans know what businesses to avoid and why, as well as to know what businesses to support.

While I have not purchased anything YET from Turner Motorsports, I have several things in mind in the very near future. Your posting has made me think twice about placing the order just quite yet, as I am sure other potential customers have also..

Let us know if TMS ever corrects the problem, like the other posting claim they will do. Until then, I will decide to hold off spending my money at TMS.

My Cars
    BMWs and Mini's
    Hi Group.
    Let me clear things up for you all.

This is how it really happened.

1. This customer's shop called me and ordered a Shift kit and paid a discounted wholesale price. They did not specify what car it was for, only ordered by kit model number. Turns out that the shop he ordered this from screwed up and ordered the wrong kit.

2. The customer told me that he ordered a UUC short shift kit from a local shop of his. Not from us. He wanted to order the correct kit from me for $295.

3. Then the customer then stated that he had installed the wrong shifter that he got from his shop and it felt "like a Mack Truck". This was by no fault of ours, but wanted ME to refund HIM for the full retail price of the incorrect part. You can understand why I couldn't do that.

4. I told him that I could certainly sell him the correct part but any refund would have to be handled through the place he bought it since they made the error.

5. No charge for $105 was ever processed, we have not charged the customer since the customer's card was in fact declined. We do not have the customer's money. If we were to charge the customer, $105 would not have been accurate anyway, the correct ssk he ordered was $295.

6. We are not liars here. Ask anyone on any board, we are the most trustworthy guys in this business. Will Turner or myself would never lie to a customer knowing that there are forums like this out there.

7. We can be trusted, I promise each and everyone of you that.

End of story.

Feel free to email me direct with any questions.

dugmar@turnermotorsport.com

Douglas Mahar
    The UNCROOKED Vice President of Turner Motorsport
    Last edited by TurnerMS; 03-23-2001 at 04:12 PM.