Thread: Anti Lock remains on 92 BMW 850i Automatic

My Cars
    1992 BMW 850i

Anti Lock remains on 92 BMW 850i Automatic

I may have an issue, may not. I had the typical Gen II module capacitor issue with door locks, windows, dome light, trunk, all won't work until car is hot then the clicking in trunk and eventually all work again. So, I took out the Gen II module, had to remove the body control module first. Haven't sent the Gen II module yet for service but I reconnected them and now the Anti Lock light stays lit. Never stayed lit before always went out. Anyone had this issue. Once you remove the modules do you need to drive the car a bit for any type of reset, or do I need to reset the system somehow, or am I unlucky and now coincidently screwed with something else that has now gone wrong? Any one know as potentially this might have happened to the many who have removed the Gen II module as they will eventually fail.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 850i
    Found the issue. I had 2 bad fuses, #15 and #29. I forget which it was, I think #29. No ABS light now. #15 appears to have been all 4 windows, sunroof, and wipers. I did have the Gen II module capacitors replaced as a lot of stuff was failing due to that, windows would not even drop that 1 inch when doors are opened. (NOTE) #15 fuse allows the windows to be fully lowered, evidently the Gen II module controls the opening of the door and window slightly drops, close the door and it raises and seals. The Gen II also controls the sunroof, power locks, trunk, dome light and trunk release. Like all bad Gen II capacitors when the car heated, easy to get the car heated if you put it out in Arizona sun for an hour, then you get that relay clicking in the back and the dome light blinking in sync to it. Anyway, all those are Get II module capacitor issues. Scott D'Vileskis is an excellent resource for you guys to get your Gen II worked on. He is EXCELLENT.