Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOTICE: No FS (FOR SALE) threads allowed in this sub forum!

My Cars
    Pull n Release

NOTICE: No FS (FOR SALE) threads allowed in this sub forum!

IT has been said many time before but it seems people are not "getting the picture" There is a perfectly good for sale classifieds section on this forum. Any and all for sale posts should be put in that section only. Also creating threads to link to the "for sale" thread is limited to thread creation but NO thread bumps. The thread will be deleted for good.

Any violation of this rule will result in OT and in some cases, Ban's. Please respect this rule. Once a dedicated for sale section is made, we will not have this problem.

edit/ Here is where the FS ads should go...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...MW-Classifieds
    Last edited by Skwisgaar; 04-17-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbi4u View Post
    IT has been said many time before but it seems people are not "getting the picture" There is a perfectly good for sale classifieds section on this forum. Any and all for sale posts should be put in that section only. Also creating threads to link to the for sale thread is limited to thread creation but NO thread bumps. The thread will be deleted for good.

Any violation of this rule will result in OT and in some cases, Ban's. Please respect this rule. Once a dedicated for sale section is made, we will not have this problem.
    Nothing more than sound logic.

My Cars
    99 Dinan 540
    FINALLY, a crackdown. ive been wondering why so many For Sale threads.. or threads saying "heads up"...lol
    1999 540i | Dinan 5 | SuperSprint Exhaust | Sports Package

My Cars
    01 540i6
    Once a dedicated for sale section is made, we will not have this problem.
    So what's the word on this? An E39 classified section here would instantly be a part of my (as well as many others') daily internet routine.
    Richard
    BMW Convert

Let us redefine "progress" to mean that just because we CAN mod a thing, it does not necessarily follow that we MUST mod that thing.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    yeah, well be fair about it.

i see fs threads in here from december that are still up and being updated, and I know a lot of us don't go in the other fs subforum. so I go and put something in here and it immediately gets towed. then I see other fs threads in here, newly updated.

that's some straight BS.

My Cars
    97 540i6, 83 GTi
    I understand rules but using the existing classifieds is near impossible for us poor e39'ers. I've gone through 5-10 pages of ads sometimes trying to find anything for our cars, I mean ONE thing, not anything in particular that I'm looking for, but just one thing!! LOL!! You could build an entire e36 in the first 3 pages.

/rant
    Signature goes here. Soon...........

My Cars
    91 M5 - 2001 540i
    IT has been said many time before but it seems people are not "getting the picture" There is a perfectly good for sale classifieds section on this forum. Any and all for sale posts should be put in that section only. Also creating threads to link to the "for sale" thread is limited to thread creation but NO thread bumps. The thread will be deleted for good.

If the surch engine in the for sale section was better it would be ok. I think that the way it is it needs to be broken up by body numbers. It is impossable to look therough everything to find what you are looking for.

Jack

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post

i see fs threads in here from december that are still up and being updated, and I know a lot of us don't go in the other fs subforum. so I go and put something in here and it immediately gets towed. then I see other fs threads in here, newly updated.

that's some straight BS.
    That's because we're out to get you.
    We try to catch all infractions, but inevitably some threads will slip through the cracks. The actions you actually see Moderators/Admins taking is only the tip of the iceberg!

My Cars
    e39
    You probably meant to write
    NOTICE: No FS (For Sale) threads in this sub forum NOT allowed!

Or did I miss something?

My Cars
    98 540i6
    no FS NOT allowed = double negative that would be interpreted as they are allowed.

My Cars
    e39
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmartindrift View Post
    no FS NOT allowed = double negative that would be interpreted as they are allowed.
    Yeah my bad I missed the "No" at the beginning..

My Cars
    97 540i6, 83 GTi
    How come there is a special FS section in the 8 series forum? There's like 10 8's left, and they get there own FS section? Weak.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Quote Originally Posted by g60vw View Post
    How come there is a special FS section in the 8 series forum? There's like 10 8's left, and they get there own FS section? Weak.
    didn't know that.

i wonder is there really a reason for us not to have one, or is it just someone being stubborn.

Skwisgaar is offline No longer with us ... RIP
    Retired Moderator
    My Cars
    B8 4X4

that's some straight BS.
    Your tinfoil hat is on crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    I like your black helicopter, dude. Looks really secret and stealth.

didn't know that.

i wonder is there really a reason for us not to have one, or is it just someone being stubborn.
    No. Jamie already said they're out to get you. That's what mods do. Get people. Especially the rogue mods...
    Last edited by nc540; 03-02-2010 at 05:00 PM.

My Cars
    97 528i 87 528e 65/74MG
    didn't know that.

There is also a dedicated E34 classified section as well. I think its really lame that we cannot get one but e34s can.
    >'97 528i, 200000 miles, Hella Xenons, 17" Stilauto wheels, Vogtland Drop Springs, Dynomax Race Muffler, Homelink, 540 brake upgrade, 15mm spacers >'65 & '74 MG Midgets BFC OT Lego Club #48 Manual conversion in process!!!

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)

that's some straight BS.

Quote Originally Posted by NNY528I View Post
    There is also a dedicated E34 classified section as well. I think its really lame that we cannot get one but e34s can.
    Are you guys just b****ing or are you sending extremely polite PMs to Kevlar requesting the new subforum?
    Nothing like this comes easy. It took a lot of hard work organizing information and persuasion via PMs before we finally got a dedicated DIY section. I did the same thing to help the E34 guys get their DIY section, but they got the classified section on their own.
    If you really want the new subforum, get to work. Ask the E34 and 8 series guys what they had to do to get Kevlar to acquiesce.
    From what I understand, the main reason Kev is reluctant is because the site needs the financial support of supporting vendors to exist. If you look at the main classified forum, you'll see how many vendors are involved there. Creating dedicated classified sections takes traffic away from the main classified, etc.
    I too will continue to make this request of Kevlar from time to time, but I have a feeling it's going to take a request from the collective E39 membership to get him to do it.
    Last edited by jamesdc4; 03-03-2010 at 05:59 PM.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    ok see this is what we needed to hear. I for one, had no idea how to get this done.

You say we were bitching? no, just expressing our concerns. figured on a forum, in this thread seems like the right place.

but now you've told us what we need to do. because of our "bitching". so our "bitching" was successful in a way.

Off to send some PMs.

BTW, you think it would help if we had a sponsor for the new subforum?

My Cars
    z3
    didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    They're out to get us!

But seriously, maybe we should all PM him at once, like a mass PMing, to show him we mean srs bsns. Or ask the new DDM/Eurodyne to partially sponsor it? Or just beg and beg and beg? Or ask nicely? Or demand rudely?

Or we can bitch at james about something he has no control over while we do nothing else about it! Yeah!!!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    97 540i6, 83 GTi
    I think that maybe this came out a little wrong. I don't mind it being located in the classified section, it doesn't have to be here. I just get a little miffed searching through 10's of pages of stuff to try and find anything. I think that a little sub-dividing of the classifieds forum would go a long way for everyone, not just us whiney e39er's. Why not break it out by model (1,3,5,6,7,8 etc) or even all the way down to chassis just like the chat/info forums.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    so I go and put something in here and it immediately gets towed. then I see other fs threads in here, newly updated.
    that's some straight BS.
    You say we were bitching? no, just expressing our concerns. but now you've told us what we need to do. because of our "bitching". so our "bitching" was successful in a way.
    You're funny.
    BTW, you think it would help if we had a sponsor for the new subforum?
    Are you offering to sponsor the new subforum?

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    look dude, i'm not trying to argue back and forth on this forum right now.

when it happened, I was pissed. esp. since everything I said happened within seconds of each other. Including me posting about it. But I was right and i meant what i said. And to me, that is expressing my concerns. If you wanna call it bitching, go head.

I had someone in mind i was gonna ask about sponsoring.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    If you wanna call it bitching, go head.
    I believe I already did, but I certainly didn't mean to offend.
    I had someone in mind i was gonna ask about sponsoring.
    If ever you have recommendations or suggestions, the best thing to do is post it in the Forum Software Questions & Suggestions section or as I mentioned previously, PM Kevlar.

Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    But seriously, maybe we should all PM him at once, like a mass PMing, to show him we mean srs bsns. Or ask the new DDM/Eurodyne to partially sponsor it? Or just beg and beg and beg? Or ask nicely? Or demand rudely?
    I have a better idea.
    I'd be willing to spearhead this by starting a thread about it myself, but I think it will be more effective if a regular member posts the request thread.
    If someone would be willing to post a request thread in the Forum Software Questions & Suggestions and then get as many E39 members as possible to post in it, perhaps we can get Kev to move in that direction. I think it would be worth a try.
    Last edited by jamesdc4; 03-04-2010 at 01:06 PM.

My Cars
    97 540i6, 83 GTi

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Something like that.
    Lauren has already responded to the thread and mentioned the new model tags in the classified section.

My Cars
    2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC

Shouldn't it be "result in TO"?
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast