Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replaced the seat belt guide in 2001 roady - with pictures

My Cars
    2000 2.8L Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Coat View Post
    All,
    I bought some black rubber shrink tube, the kind you heat up to shrink. Protect the seat and use a heat gun or good hair dryer. I replaced the guides on mine 2 summers ago and have had no problems since then. I also ensure I am careful to pull the belt out straight to avod any pressure on the guides.
    I'd post a pic but my ride is still in a bag, waiting.....

Red Coat
    like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 3.0L
    I'm about 1/2 done with one of the seats using the posted repair. Repair graphics are great thank you!! Both side are broke. Think i'll replace the seat slide bushings since i got the seats out. There's a post for that repair using vinyl washers somewhere here also.

Thanks again.

My TC Kline coilover kit should arrive today...getting to know my Z rather well. Still might have a vacuum leak between the MAF & intake that needs work next.

My Cars
    2001 Z3, 1987 325is
    Excellent write up! Had mine changed out in less than 2 hours from start to finish.

My Cars
    Z3 3.0L

Z3 seat belt guide

The drivers side guide has been broken before I bought the car and glued. The glue seems OK but I like the heat shrink plastic idea. Any ideas where I get it from? I am in the UK. It's a brilliant car by the way.

My Cars
    Z3 3.0L

Z3 seat belt guide

The drivers side guide has been broken before I bought the car and glued. The glue seems OK but I like the heat shrink plastic idea. Any ideas where I get it from? I am in the UK. It's a brilliant car by the way.

My Cars
    Z3 3.0L

Z3 seat belt guide

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Don't know if you guys are still active on this site or even still have your Z's but Thanks Mike! Your instructions and pics are still being used today - 5 yrs later. I just put a new belt guide guide on my passenger seat using your instructions. Thanks a million as you were the only one that I could find that fixed it all the way. Your instructions were exactly right and I was even able to do it without removing the seat although it would have been easier if I did. I had to say thanks and even joined the forum just to be able to do it. I bought my 2000 Z3 2.3 in 2008 and have 72000mi. Wish it was more powerful but I still like the car a lot and more every year as I work on it.

My Cars
    00 MR 21 Acura RDX
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmike1 View Post
    Not that I've seen. If the new one lasts another 10 years like the first one I'll be plenty happy.
    If they last 10 years or 10 minutes I would put the reinforcements back. I use shrink tube not Velcro, but doesn't matter. Just last summer I broke one when I removed the shrink to pull on the belt that was stuck. It can happen anytime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12