Thread: new to the site. new to the bmw..help me out

My Cars
    2003 bmw 325i

new to the site. new to the bmw..help me out

hi guys first off...im excited owning my first bmw..its great. i just bought a 2003 325i with 60k on it for only 12grand.

but i needed some advice on a couple things that werent exactly wrking..kinda minor but if i can fix it myself then im down.

first off the warning and im guessing door lock buttons on dash dnt wrk?..

then the wiper blades wrk but im unable to have the sprayers to spray...i filled up the tank but nothing...no leaks that i can tell so i dunno

if u guys can steer my the right way i would rly be thankfull

oh and a maintance shedule would be awesome to..wanna keep my baby in tip top shape

thanks again

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    What warning? What does it look like?

Door lock buttons don't work? But the car locks and unlocks with the key?

You may need a new wiper fluid pump. Easy to change out by yourself. Do you hear it spin up when you spray?

The below is good for a new guy to read, to to bottom....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_E46

Welcome to Bf.c

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    2003 bmw 325i
    like the warning lights..u knw that red triangle.

ill keep an eye out for the noise..where should i get a new fluid pump?..is their a how to i can follow

thanks man..

oh yea i gotta use the key to unlock all the doors...kinda sucks cause i gotta turn off the car then press the button

My Cars
    2008 335i, 2001 330i
    Are there any other lights on besides the red triangle? It could mean different things if that light is on along with others.

If it's the only light on, it means your DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) is turned off. There is a DSC button below your stereo for this, make SURE it's turned on at all times. DSC is a key safety feature and there is no reason to have it off.

nathancarter is offline Stretch Haters Club #1 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 330i 131k
    A broken center console button (hazard/lock) is common. The bottom side of the button assembly can break apart. You can glue or heat-fuse it back together, or just buy a new button assembly for $50ish (or less?).

To remove the button assembly, you can try pulling it up and out, using a pick or a hook tool made out of a paperclip. Or, you can remove the trim around the shifter, then stick your fingers under the center console and push the button up and out. Once the button is out, you'll be able to see where it's damaged, and attempt the repair or just replace it.

In the meantime, you can pull the door handle twice to unlock.

My Cars
    2003 bmw 325i
    oh ok cool...thanks nathan

dsc..so i need it on all the time...whats it for exactly. i turn that button on the a little light turns on, on the instrument cluster its like a ! triangle with a arrow circling it. so thats supposed to be on?

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    DSC is dynamic stability control. You should drive with it on, but can be disabled by pressing the DSC OFF button.

Pretty good discussion on what dcs does at the below link...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9554

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    1999 328i
    I had the same problem with my central locking and hazard buttons. It's an easy DIY. I glued the piece back together with automotive glue and it has been fine since. What I did was I popped up the shifter boot and removed the two screws, lifted the console a but and stuck my fingers under the buttons and popped it out.