Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay CAI review and questions

My Cars
    02 330i, past: E30, E36
    Quote Originally Posted by 328isTHEsheet View Post
    I like this CAI better. Will actually give a gain and a good sound. Did I mention it's cheaper than any other true CAI you'll buy?
    http://www.brazeauracing.com/customcai.htm
    That intake fits nearly the exact same as the current one that I am running. Photos coming in a couple hours.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is
    I purchased the same intake as what was originally posted, I just cust a little piece of aluminum and covered the nipple on the side, all that has to be done is relocate the horns and it will fit right on in there, it isnt too hard at all.
    -328 Mafia member #8-

My Cars
    1994 325ic 2002 325i
    I just wanted to say awesome write up for the eBay CAI. I have one installed on my car LOVE the sound of it better than the box. And installation was pretty easy just need to secure mines then now more worries for the CAI.

My Cars
    E38 728i, 740i /E31 850i
    Best CAI is November. The air is cold so the engine takes in more air (colder air has smaller volume for the same amount). There os nothing you can do in July what comes for free from November... So, go get a chip... and forget the CAI.

My Cars
    1997 e36 325 M/T
    when install long iar intake or shrot air intake <cai> car is work better or not?

My Cars
    Why bother spending a ton of money trying to reach the cold air when the cold air can be directed right up to the stock air box? I've kept the stock air box in place and I did the famous 'cut a flap in the top side of the left side brake duct'. I've run a 2" black plastic vacuum hose down into the open flap. I cut the tube in half (4 inches) on both ends. The bottom end, that fits into the flap in the brake duct, faces forward and catches moving air. The top end was cut in the same fashion (minus 1/2" at the very end) and faces the air box. The moving cold air exits through a home made filter made from cutting small sections of heat register filters that are held in place by a small section of hardware cloth that's been wire tied to the tube. The reason for leaving a 1/2" at the very end of the top side of the hose is to allow enough vacuum tube for a hose clamp to secure a 2" PVC cap that has a hole in the middle of it. Since the hose fits snug up against the interior body panel (right behind the headlight) the air that exits the cap in the end of the hose is directed at the top left corner of the radiator. Even in mid-summer temperatures, the air box remains ice cold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12