Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

My Cars
    -00 BMW 740
    How do I come around this, Progman is asking for activation code be course it’s a voice controlled car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW 325 TDS E36
    Hi,

I have this cable : My DIS/INPA/SSS/CARSOFT/NAVCODER Interface. OBD2 port
    Ediabas/Inpa is set on OBD2.

Can you tell me what changes.iso I have to take ?
    I have :

Changes by XDrive.iso
    changes.iso
    changes_v2.iso
    changesV32CrackFProgman.iso
    SSS Full Start.iso

It is for my BMW 330 CI E46.. But I also would like to use it on my friends cars (E36/39/46...)

Thank you

I tried Changes.iso
    It seems to work well, I hope it is the good one.

Just a question : I can't access to Car & Key Memory because I replaced the original radio with an alpine...

SSS to read Car & Key Memory tries to access to module RAD.
    Is there anyway to bypass it ? or do I have to plug the original radio cd ?

Thank you
    Last edited by Orphee; 11-21-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    OK I'm getting the message, nobody replies to ANY posts in this forum anymore, but just in case 100's of years from now somebody stumbles on this post...

Something is F-d with Viper's instructions... he claims the instructions are for using his preconfigured virtual disk, but then the instructions never have you use the virtual disk file at all.

From reading most of this long thread (admit I might have missed something) it seems like the thing must be to just do it by hand per Randomy and others. Is this right? Seems like a lot of confusion to have Vipers junk up there but with the wrong instructions and a long dead end to download the VMDK file and get it all ready then realize "ummmm the instructions never tell you what/how to use that to get it to work right?"
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    FWIW, I've never gotten SSS/Progman to work with my INPA OBD cable no matter what I tried. I just learned to use NCSExpert instead.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Gene, it does work but pre-configured virtual disk images are system-dependent, so what works on one computer may not work on another. Have you tried changesbyxdrive.iso for configuring PROGMAN to work with your E90?

Geargrinder, you are better off setting your installation up longhand than attempting to modify/import someone else's. BMW software does not last long on the net as the manufacturers aggressively seek to remove it, so you cannot expect a link older than about 4 weeks to keep working.
    Last edited by David Mc; 11-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Gene, it does work but pre-configured virtual disk images are system-dependent, so what works on one computer may not work on another. Have you tried changesbyxdrive.iso for configuring PROGMAN to work with your E90?
    I have indeed. I've not actually tried any pre-configured images; only various SSS setup configuration options, guides, etc. I've tried a whole lotta stuff I've read on various threads, but I've never gotten SSS working. Luckily NCSExpert and I are getting pretty cozy.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Truthfully, Ive used Progman once to code something. Everything else I do with NCS...its so much easier once you get the hang of it. I wont build another Progman setup.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Geargrinder, you are better off setting your installation up longhand than attempting to modify/import someone else's. BMW software does not last long on the net as the manufacturers aggressively seek to remove it, so you cannot expect a link older than about 4 weeks to keep working.
    Thanks - Yeah I'm on attempt 4 or 5 to use the disk image and realizing doing it from scratch from the damn start probably would have been a MUCH better idea.

Whew what a waste of time. Since that last post I figured out pretty easily how to use the disk image when creating a new Virtual Machine instead of just creating an empty disk but it's not working for sh~t.

One time I got it past the printer prompt and then it just sat at a huge black "#4" on a white screen forever. Disk was churning but after hours and hours nothing had happened so I killed it and started over. Right now it seems stuck with a huge "#3" on the screen, same churning. Stupid P.O.S. I even tried taking Vipers disk image and using the VMWare utility to pre-allocate the space (per Randomy's hand-instructions) in case extending the disk dynamically was slowing it down or hanging it up but that didn't seem to matter at all.

I appreciate Vipers attempt to make something easier than the painful registry-editing hand-steps but frankly that disk image is completely not working for me so I'm bagging it as of now, with a sickening number of hours into it...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The numbers that are appearing on your screen generally mean that the screen resolution settings are incorrect.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    The numbers that are appearing on your screen generally mean that the screen resolution settings are incorrect.
    Great tip! Maybe I can rescue my current install after all...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    92 325i, 95 318ic

#3 and #4

I had the same problem.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=133

I added another gig of ram and it solved my problem on the next clean install.

After a few weeks of installing and reinstalling I wanted to pitch it out the window.
    Last edited by darkislight; 11-29-2010 at 04:32 AM.
    darkislight

My Cars
    Wasp & Duc
    Quick note for everyone. When you go in the Registry Editor, you must first select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in order to be able to select "Load Hive". Elsewhere and the option if grayed out...

SSS is working!!!! I haven't actually tried to push a new setup to the car since I want to pick up a 40Amps charger before damaging a module, but it runs and read the car just fine.

The only minor issue I have is with the screen resolution that somehow got messed up. I've opened a new thread here if anyone has any suggestion: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1#post20857251
    Last edited by LPCapital; 12-04-2010 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ZetaTre
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d
    2006 Ducati 999S
    2012 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins

My Cars
    1999 E39
    Hello all.

Long time lurked on these forums. Thanks to the OP and all the others that have contributed to this thread! I've managed to get PROGMAN installed on my desktop, seems to run ok. As we speak I'm trying to install it onto my much slower, much older laptop! I'll report back as to how I get on. I used viper's preconfigured VMware base and the V32 links posted by another member.

Out of interest, which changes .iso will I need for an E39 and an E87? Is it just a case of trial and error till I find one that works?

Another thing. Those of you following the instructions be Randomy in the first post. If you are using Vista or W7, you will not be able to access the required drie through regedit. I used a tool called ERD Commander to allow me to log in to the xp vmware os and make changes as needed.

I'll be using a modified vagcom lead, which is about to have the resistors/transistor added to it as per another thread in this forum!

I'll report back how I get on.

Keep up the outstanding work gents!

My Cars
    1999 E39
    Progman installed! Woohoo! VAGCOM lead modded for ignition detect. Plugged it into my car, lead shows ignition detect nicely in INPA, so I fired up Progman. Tried to connect, but failed. Dammit I thought, then it said the standard 'check battery voltage' message, I had my multimeter with me, so though i'll have a quick look. Battery was 11.7v (or there abouts!)! Started her up, then checked again, 14.3 V @ the battery with blowers, radio and headlights on, so the alternator seems to be doing its job, new battery for me today then! Will report back once i've got it fitted and tried Progman again. Is there a minimum voltage it needs to start talking to the car? I do have access to a decent power supply to hook up when I start coding.

In response to geargrinder's post:

I got #3 &#4 on my first time aswell mate. I deleted the VM, added another 512mb of RAM to my laptop, (bringing it up to 1.5gb) and upped the VM memory to 1024mb, progman booted fine after that. As recommended by darkislight (cheers amigo!).

When I went through the set up the second, I DID NOT adjust the display settings in VMware of in the VM as I set it up, I left them to it and the #3 and #4 were no more!

The first time I got them (before I reinstalled) I tried going into the VM as admin and editing the display settings, it was already at 1024 x 768, i changed it to 800 x 600 rebooted and then changed it back to 1024 x 768. It did not fix the problem. I had also set the VMware display settings to 1024 x 768 when I first set up the VM, the second time round I left it set to autodetect and de-selected the direct x acceleration box (doubt that made a difference though). As someone else said earlier in the thread, make sure VMware tools is installed, if not you can log in to the VM windows as admin and install it manually.

Hang in there mate, you're close!

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by robtheviking View Post
    I got #3 &#4 on my first time aswell mate. I deleted the VM, added another 512mb of RAM to my laptop, (bringing it up to 1.5gb) and upped the VM memory to 1024mb, progman booted fine after that. As recommended by darkislight (cheers amigo!).

Hang in there mate, you're close!
    Thanks rob & darkislight for the continued tips. I'm on the other side of the globe from my computer so I have to wait to try stuff out but will hit it when I get back...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    1999 E39
    Right, battery is changed, but I can't seem to get Progman to talk to my car.

I've followed the installation instructions, done everything I had to (I think!) and still no dice! Progman starts up fine, I have an E39 so am using changes_v2.iso as it needs to be an EDIC head, connecting up to the car using a VAGCOM lead, modded to detect ignition, in conjunction with an OBD II to OBD I adapter. The car has both OBDI and OBDII sockets as it was built in the changeover period, I believe that using the OBD II socket under the dash will not allow you access to all the modules.

When I start the session I can see and select the head, but when I go through the car selection, it tries to determine the ZCS (or E39 version) and after a few minutes comes back and tell me it can't detect the car.

Firewall is disabled
    I've tried changes.iso and got the same result.
    INPA is working fine, including ignition detection.
    ifhsvr is running
    ediabas.ini is modded to have 192.168.68.1 and port 6801

Initially I thought it was due to low battery voltage, but I've since got a new one fitted. Even so, the voltage is only 12.5-12.8 with the ignition in position 2, I haven't yet connected a charger as I want to know it works before I start messing with it! Can you adjust the battery voltage detection level? Would battery voltage being too low cause Progman not to see the car?

Have I missed something glaringly obvious?

Help! I know I'm close but just need to get over the finish line!

My Cars
    Wasp & Duc
    Is it normal that every time XP starts you get a window about the drivers? It closes by itself.
    Additionally I checked in System -> Hardware and there are an Unknown Device and the Processor that are missing the drivers.
    Everything works with SSS, but I was just wandering...

ZetaTre
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d
    2006 Ducati 999S

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by LPCapital View Post
    Is it normal that every time XP starts you get a window about the drivers? It closes by itself.
    Additionally I checked in System -> Hardware and there are an Unknown Device and the Processor that are missing the drivers.
    Everything works with SSS, but I was just wandering...
    Yes, see Known Issues.

LINK

My Cars
    Wasp & Duc
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer187 View Post
    Yes, see Known Issues.

LINK
    But the known issue is only with the Unknown Device.

I'm also having other things going on:
    1) every time XP starts you get a window about drivers being installed
    2) in System -> Hardware the Processor is missing the drivers

Anyone else experience this same thing?

ZetaTre
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d
    2006 Ducati 999S

My Cars
    1999 E39
    I had a couple of missing drivers mate, found them in c:\wondows\system32\drivers i seem to remember. Also downloaded the agp440 one to get rid of that annoyance too.
    Last edited by robtheviking; 12-12-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: coz eye cann't sspell.

My Cars
    BMW 325 TDS E36
    Hello

For a Z4 from 2003, is "Changes by XDrive ISO" needed ?

thank you

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
    Hello

For a Z4 from 2003, is "Changes by XDrive ISO" needed ?

thank you
    Try changes_v2.iso

My Cars
    2001 E46 330D-2007 E61
    I can not install v32, tried 3 different v32. Tried with daemon tools and burned them too, no luck. V30 installs fine.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure you have the complete version of v32, since the total file size is so large it is not uncommon for one or more parts not to download completely, which will just show up by causing the program to stall during installation. Make sure that all but one of the zipped file sizes are maxxed out.

My Cars
    2001 E46 330D-2007 E61
    Downloaded the last from here and it will not start the install. size is 4,546952gb and 2,471184gb
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/LfFoCBq2/...s_Machine.html

Winrar will not unpack if something is missing.
    One version from a russian site stalls at 13%

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast