Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

My Cars
    Z3 96, Cooper 08

R56

Will Progman v32 work with my 1/2008 R56?
    Last edited by strobeyprobey; 09-27-2010 at 04:27 PM.

My Cars
    530D E60 (09/2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by rvfine View Post
    Hi!
    I'm italian..
    I've the common problem with Progman, all (seems) to work fine but when I try to read the FA from my E87 (year 2005) the Progman answer with a message who says it needs OPS or ICOM interface for this car.
    I'm using an USB-OBD interface with K and D-CAN capabilities...
    I'm using also the Progman 32 on Vmware 7 and I did follow the forum's instructions to set up the installation..
    Inpa works fine with my car.. NCS too!!

ANY IDEAS to set my Progman to worl with my car?

Everything is appreciated!
    ciao!!!
    Alex
    Hello,
    I found this thread some weeks ago, and following all the steps I finished exactly at the same above problem. I have downloaded all the changes iso versions that have been posted and tray with but without success.

I am using a vagcom interface modified and running properly with Inpa and DIS v44 as is required at the first post but blocked at this point. If someone can help me with it I will appreciate.

I want to give special thanks to all for this interesting thread.

andreu

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525D E61
    Hello Andreug which version of change.iso do you used? Foe me E61 I used change-v2.iso and work..

[Quote = andreug ; 20388763 ] Dobrý den,
    Našel jsem toto vlákno před několika týdny , a po všech kroků jsem skončila přesně ve stejné výše problém . Stáhl jsem si všechny změny iso verze , které byly zveřejněny , a zásobník s , ale bez úspěchu.

Já používám vagcom rozhraní upravený a pracuje správně s Inpa a DIS v44 , jak je třeba na první příspěvek, ale zablokoval v tomto bodě. Pokud někdo mi může pomoci s tím budu rád .

Chci , aby věnovaly zvláštní díky všem za tento zajímavý vlákno .

Andreu [/ quote]

My Cars
    745LI
    Is there any 1 in Los Angeles or near here that can install this
    on a laptop for me ? I will gladly pay you for your trouble .

My Cars
    530D E60 (09/2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrycz4 View Post
    Hello Andreug which version of change.iso do you used? Foe me E61 I used change-v2.iso and work..

[Quote = andreug ; 20388763 ] Dobrý den,
    Našel jsem toto vlákno před několika týdny , a po všech kroků jsem skončila přesně ve stejné výše problém . Stáhl jsem si všechny změny iso verze , které byly zveřejněny , a zásobník s , ale bez úspěchu.

Já používám vagcom rozhraní upravený a pracuje správně s Inpa a DIS v44 , jak je třeba na první příspěvek, ale zablokoval v tomto bodě. Pokud někdo mi může pomoci s tím budu rád .

Chci , aby věnovaly zvláštní díky všem za tento zajímavý vlákno .

Andreu [/ quote]
    Hello,
    well, I had this version and I tryed with two versions, and differents copies but it didn't work. The question is, when I used the v2 the system didn't reboot.

If it happens is necessary to change at Register Editor the Shell for the original path.

I have to give special thanks to Sandmanyz, he told me about it in this topic.

Well, all is working fine, but now I have to learn about using the Progman.

Thanks,

andreu

My Cars
    745LI
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPER View Post

My Cars
    530D E60 (09/2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPER View Post

Hello PAPAER,

I'm so sorry, I would like to help you but the trip from Spain is too long. I hope some one can help you.

Anyway, have you tried to install for yourself? following the guide and asking when you are in a trouble maybe you can success.

andreu

My Cars
    01/1999 540iT 6speed
    Hey PAPER, im in Orange county and just got the DIS installed on my laptop. If you need help PM me,.

My Cars
    745LI
    Quote Originally Posted by E39bmw View Post
    Hey PAPER, im in Orange county and just got the DIS installed on my laptop. If you need help PM me,.
    THANKS I appreciate it , can you pm me a # ?
    Also did you get SSS working ?

My Cars
    92 325i, 95 318ic
    Quote Originally Posted by darkislight View Post
    No luck, the mouse is unresponsive inside the Vmware. I reloaded everything and paid close attention and get the same screen response.
    Finally got it loaded. I added an extra gig of ram to my laptop bringing it to a total of 2 gig. Reloaded everything according to Randomy's instructions. and voila. Progman is running.

Thanks to Randomy and DavidMc.
    darkislight

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53
    Hello,

I have installed Progman v32 as in the guide. There are all types of BMW, but not the Mini Series R50/R52/R53? I would need.

Can someone help me here?

Goofy

My Cars
    -00 BMW 740
    Hello.
    Can I use this Progman setup witt VMware with Ediabas OBD2 interface insted of Carsoft inteface?

Regards

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Absolutely!

My Cars
    -00 BMW 740
    Ok good.

I still have problems like others in this thread.

This maybe can help other for installation.
    Upon my installation, Windows XP does not find drivers for scsi, and I have to press cancel, for the installation of Progman 32 to go through. will I not do this in the early stage, the installation will stop and go no further. When I press cancel, Windows Xp restart and then go through the installation.

Regards

My Cars
    530D E60 (09/2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW740IM View Post
    Ok good.

I still have problems like others in this thread.

This maybe can help other for installation.
    Upon my installation, Windows XP does not find drivers for scsi, and I have to press cancel, for the installation of Progman 32 to go through. will I not do this in the early stage, the installation will stop and go no further. When I press cancel, Windows Xp restart and then go through the installation.

Regards
    Hello,
    this problem can be solved installing previously VMWare Tools. I do not remember exactly in with point of the installation. Take a walk around this thread because someone told some about.

See you,
    andreu

My Cars
    -00 BMW 740
    It does not matter that it is in this way, it is possible to get right on it anyway.
    I have managed to get this to work now and will post how I did.

Regards

My Cars
    e30 m40b18 cabrio '91
    Quote Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post

are you able to see this page with correct IP 192.168.68.1 ?
    this is a MUST
    Hi, I've installed the SSS as posted in Randomy's manual and when I reach the screen quoted above the interface name says EDIC instead of OPS1. Does this matter?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting the common EDIC/ICOM error when connecting to the car. I'm using the ADS interface. I've been trying to solve this problem for a while, connecting to different rides (E46 330Ci, E38 3,5liter V8, E83 X3 with 3 liter M54) and no success. All the other settings seem to be correct. I've fiddled with nearly every setting, also the interface line in EDIABAS.INI (STD:OBD, ADS etc.) and still no luck

My setup:
    6.5 Vmware
    v32 SSS/progman

INPA/DIS v.44 works fine for me.

I'd really appreciate any help given. Looking forward for the feedback.

Regards,
    MCK
    Last edited by mckkPL; 10-26-2010 at 12:45 PM.

IcemanBHE is offline żpǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    You need one of the "changes" mentioned.

Randomy, feel like adding this to your new thread, please?
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    e30 m40b18 cabrio '91
    yup, I forgot to mention that I tried changes.iso and the 2nd version as well.

Couple of questions popped into my head:

1) Does the changes.iso (or changes_v2.iso) fix the "new hardware found" & the AGPsomething.sys pop-ups? Mine doesn't..
    2) Should the installation of changes.iso say that "AOS service is not running"?(then it copies the files flawlessly, and restarts the service as well) Mine does.. Also when i switch the shell to explorer.exe and check if this service is running it turns out that it's not...(Still it's switched to automatic)
    3)Is this service needed for the SSS to work?

PS. While connecting my SSS turns the radio on (not the xenon's ) and gets the battery voltage, then the interface error pops out, as stated in the previous post.
    Last edited by mckkPL; 10-26-2010 at 05:59 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    changes_v2.iso alters the interface to EDIC configuration.

My Cars
    e30 m40b18 cabrio '91
    Quote Originally Posted by mckkPL View Post
    yup, I forgot to mention that I tried changes.iso and the 2nd version as well.

Couple of questions popped into my head:

1) Does the changes.iso (or changes_v2.iso) fix the "new hardware found" & the AGPsomething.sys pop-ups? Mine doesn't..
    2) Should the installation of changes.iso say that "AOS service is not running"?(then it copies the files flawlessly, and restarts the service as well) Mine does.. Also when i switch the shell to explorer.exe and check if this service is running it turns out that it's not...(Still it's switched to automatic)
    3)Is this service needed for the SSS to work?

PS. While connecting my SSS turns the radio on (not the xenon's ) and gets the battery voltage, then the interface error pops out, as stated in the previous post.
    I've already tried changes_v2, downloaded from a RapidShare link Randomy's posted in some other thread. Still no luck. Maybe it doesn't apply itself properly as I'm still getting the "New hardware found" pop-ups and the "agp440.sys" error. Should it be like this, or should the changes.iso/changes_v2.iso fix that?

Why don't u share a link to changes_v2.iso that worked for you?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Already done, it is on the 4shared site.

My Cars
    e30 m40b18 cabrio '91
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you are getting the EDIC interface required error with Progman, you will need to re-install changes_v2.iso, which will import the necessary changes to enable Progman to recognise your interface as an EDIC interface. The correct changes_v2.iso file is available from the Easy GT folder on the 4shared website.
    That's all I found. I'm new to the forums so I might be doin' sth wrong, but I ain't see no link in your post. Also searched for "easy GT", "easyGT" via 4shared main page, but it didn't give any satisfying search results

:EDIT:

Ok, got it. But I'm afraid it's the same I already have. Will check tomorrow as the SSS PC is inaccessible for me today

:EDIT2:

While browsing the content of changes_v2.iso I've found out that the AGP*.sys file exists there, so I realized that "Go ahead and fix the problems that is said by the installer" does not mean that I should press cancel as usual but I should show it the path to the file and push the installation forward. I think that should be stated more clearly in the installation instructions. I'll notice ya'll tomorrow about the outcome
    Last edited by mckkPL; 10-27-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: found it;p

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I actually have 4 different changes.iso files:-
    2 x OPS, 1 x DCAN and 1 x EDIC. The files all look very similar, it is the file size that is the giveaway. I have folders labelled OPS, DCAN and EDIC containing the correct changes.iso files for each interface, which avoids confusion and allows me to modify PROGMAN and install software appropriate for whichever car/interface I may be using.

My Cars
    92 325i, 95 318ic
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    I actually have 4 different changes.iso files:-
    2 x OPS, 1 x DCAN and 1 x EDIC. The files all look very similar, it is the file size that is the giveaway. I have folders labelled OPS, DCAN and EDIC containing the correct changes.iso files for each interface, which avoids confusion and allows me to modify PROGMAN and install software appropriate for whichever car/interface I may be using.
    Dave, is there any specific file for the ADS interface?
    darkislight

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast