Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

My Cars
    2003 530
    I can't boot it from progman image, VM trying to boot from network all the time:
    Network boot from AMD am79C970a
    .....OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND
    Last edited by lonny60; 07-28-2010 at 06:09 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    I tried downloading the progman and some of the files are flagged on rapidshare would you be able to upload those again? I got stopped at #30

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Progman V32

Hi guys

Once again, trying to get SSS ProgmanV32 up and running. I got a hold of a known properly working set of ProgmanV32 DVD's to install. I have no problem with DVD #1 as it installs without any problems, but when the DVD bay ejects, asking for Progman DVD#2, i insert the disk, and it will not read it. The DVD bay ejects and keeps asking for the Progman DVD32. I tried it on a different drive and got the same results. Has anyone had this happen?

Update: i did an explore on Progman DVD #2 and it only has two files. Guess i know now why it will not function.

Regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by se93; 08-03-2010 at 06:10 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Mark, when you explore the disk you will initially only see 2 folders, but each should contain more folders, which in turn contain even more folders and files. Total size of the disk should be about 2.35Gb for disk #2.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    thanks for the write up I was able to it installed just have to test the connection to the car tomorrow.

At first it would not load the dvd's, I moved them to a shorter directory. (put the iso's on the root of c: ) and then after a reboot it was able to load them no problem.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Does it also work with a BMW e87 because Carsoft 6.5 doesn't work with a BMW e87?

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525D E61
    Hello Today I install progman step by step .. but when I reboot VM see only blue screen.. why? Thanks for all help me

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Harry, have you installed the changes.iso?

Masterjedi, you will need to install the changes by XDrive to use Progman on an E87.

My Cars
    2003 530
    Hello
    I am trying to connect, have message:
    " It is necessary to use EDIC/COM for connected vehicle for programming/coding...."
    I checked all steps on install , looks ok..INPA works ok .
    Also, Prgogam don't start automatically, I use Progman bat. to start it.
    Thanks

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525D E61
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Harry, have you installed the changes.iso?

Masterjedi, you will need to install the changes by XDrive to use Progman on an E87.
    Yes I install all.. progman and changes.iso... I start instal on VMware Base31 and after progman CD1 from virtual CD, put second CD2 and stop on 100% copy and do not restart automaticly... sorry for my bad English..

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    is there any benefit to installing sss/progman if i already have DISv44 working?

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525D E61

ERROR?? only blue screen no progman

I Instaled 5x Progman and every have only blue screen...... Why?? I did it all.. O((((

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    After the 2 x Progman disks have loaded you need to wait 3 or 4 minutes before you shut down the guest operating system in preparation to installing the changes.iso. Wait until the Progman home screen loads, then take a snapshot of the system, wait for the snapshot to save (goes very slowly), then shut down the guest and proceed with the rest of the installation.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525D E61
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    After the 2 x Progman disks have loaded you need to wait 3 or 4 minutes before you shut down the guest operating system in preparation to installing the changes.iso. Wait until the Progman home screen loads, then take a snapshot of the system, wait for the snapshot to save (goes very slowly), then shut down the guest and proceed with the rest of the installation.
    Problem solved, I found a new version v 32 Progman and today I tested on the car E61 .. Thank you for helping me, especially David

Ou do not working o( test failed.. Inpa and DIS work good. Must I use loopback cable? Becouse I do not use it and DIS working... or I must reinstall changes by XDrive?
    Last edited by Harrycz4; 08-16-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 530
    Hello
    Still can't go over message:
    "" It is necessary to use EDIC/COM for connected vehicle for programming/coding....""

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525D E61
    Thanks ALL
    Last edited by Harrycz4; 08-17-2010 at 05:14 AM.

My Cars
    2003 530
    Hi
    Did anyone had this message """ It is necessary to use EDIC/COM for connected vehicle for programming/coding...."" ???

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    Yes, you need to use a different carcontext.php file in your VM. I think that changes_v2.iso replaces the fiels with one that reports an EDIC interface.

My Cars
    2003 530
    Is changes_v2.iso available?

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Progman map z drive missing

Hi guys

I finally managed to work around the problems with the Progman software and have reached the areas where you select the language and other miscellaneous information and then wait until it shuts down and restarts. Well, when you shut down the guest to map the z drive, i don;t have the z drive as an option. I can see the z SSS Progman system in the my computer section, but i do not have the z drive to select in the mapping section. What am i missing?

Regards,
    Mark

update: Z drive is back. i I hope to end this process soon with success.

Hi guys

I managed to install Progman V32 and after configuring the IP address per Randomy's instructions, when i select new session, i click on my interface and hit continue and i get a message saying "communication between diagnostic system and radio head is disturbed.

I just realized that i did not disable my antivirus/firewall when doing this. Maybe this is the problem. Going back to give it a try.

UPDATE; PROGMAN V32 is up and running flawlessly!!!

regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by se93; 08-22-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW E46 325i (ESS TS2)
    I would like to thank Randomy and ViperRunner and other member who share their journey on these diagnostic software. I've been wandering around this sub-forum for quite a while and learn a lot. So today, I decide to register an account here and try to contribute on everything I've got.

All my diagnostic (DIS) and coding/programming (SSS) run flawlessly on cheap ebay USB-OBDII connector and now I have the "Dealer Power" to do anything I want with my car for free. This is will be helpful for my transmission conversion coding. Thanks again Randomy and ViperRunner.

Just to help you guys in case you have problem with SSSProgman + ViperRunner's Base31.vmdk and unable to log on as administrator (++Xs4Progman) to apply change.iso batch file (sss_stage2.cmd) as in my case (got stuck with your "WorkUser" account).

1. Open your Explorer, go to C:\Windows\System32 folder and look for "cmd" file. Run it, it's a command prompt console (since there is no "Run..." menu on the embedded XP).
    2. Type "RUNAS /user:Administrator /cmd", it will ask you a password. Type "++Xs4Progman" and press Enter (no character will be shown, it's normal).
    3. It will open a new Command Prompt Console, go there and...
    3. Go to your change.iso drive (i.e. F:\), type "F:"
    4. Type "sss_stage2.cmd" to run the batch command and proceed as Randomy/ViperRunner guides says.

My Cars
    740il
    Quote Originally Posted by randomy View Post
    Yes, you need to use a different carcontext.php file in your VM. I think that changes_v2.iso replaces the fiels with one that reports an EDIC interface.
    Excellent -- got a copy of carcontext.php from the changes_v2.iso, and I'll put it on my VM of SSS/Progman here in a bit-- fingers crossed!!

Quote Originally Posted by lonny60 View Post
    Is changes_v2.iso available?
    I just Google'd the file name-- found it!
    Last edited by Exwoodchuck; 08-24-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    e46 M47N 2003
    For me the same error occurs.
    I have an interface ADS
    I tried various "changes", but none helps.
    How have you Exwoodchuck interf obd or ads?

Sorry for my English.

Chris Poland

My Cars
    740il
    OK, I just finished applying the changes_v2 to my existing Progman/SSS install -- it's still not working. I'm using the ADS interface on my E38.

So I'm stuck too.

My Cars
    bmw x5
    Quote Originally Posted by randomy View Post
    The required changes that Randomy points out can be found: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1457686

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast