Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

My Cars
    e46
    Quote Originally Posted by jmisho View Post
    Yes - the external interface has been added and I can see 192.168.68.1 when "New session" is started.

The RemoteHost settings in Ediabas is 192.168.68.1

I modified VMNet1 Host Only settings
    "MNet1 Host Only
    - Connected - DHCP Enabled - Subnet Address 192.168.68.30
    CP Settings: Start IP Address: 192.168.68.0
    End IP Address: 192.168.68.254"

so now in "SSS overview" screen, I have usable, "0/5, 32.0.0, SSS_OEM, 192.168.68.30" and in the SSS network settings:
    SSS Name: SSS_OEM IP address: 192.168.68.30 Gateway 192.168.68.1 IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

If I want to assign the static address for VMnet1 (Host-Only, DHCP), what shall be IP and gateway address? (Tried IP=192.168.68.31 Net Mask: 255.255.255.0 left blank for Gateway but no luck)

The SSS Connection test for 192.168.68.1 fails
    Disable the firewall and try.

My Cars
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    Firewall was disabled

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    network adapter configurated in VMware ?
    have you installed full version with changes iso ?
    which interface do you use ? if e46 it should work even with K-LINE interface
    also - DO NOT run inpa , maybe you will be able to communicate but it will not be able to save your changes with INPA
    Last edited by champaign777; 06-28-2010 at 11:54 PM.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

SSS Progman

Hi guys

When Progman installation starts up, at 2% installation of DVD 1 i get an error message shown in the following snapshot. Is this indication of an incomplete or bad copy of the Progman files? I converted the two DVD's i have to .iso files with no problem and have done the installation in two different machines but get the same error.

Regards,
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2005 E87
    Hi!
    I'm italian..
    I've the common problem with Progman, all (seems) to work fine but when I try to read the FA from my E87 (year 2005) the Progman answer with a message who says it needs OPS or ICOM interface for this car.
    I'm using an USB-OBD interface with K and D-CAN capabilities...
    I'm using also the Progman 32 on Vmware 7 and I did follow the forum's instructions to set up the installation..
    Inpa works fine with my car.. NCS too!!

ANY IDEAS to set my Progman to worl with my car?

Everything is appreciated!
    ciao!!!
    Alex

My Cars
    740D E65
    Quote Originally Posted by rvfine View Post
    Hi!
    I'm italian..
    I've the common problem with Progman, all (seems) to work fine but when I try to read the FA from my E87 (year 2005) the Progman answer with a message who says it needs OPS or ICOM interface for this car.
    I'm using an USB-OBD interface with K and D-CAN capabilities...
    I'm using also the Progman 32 on Vmware 7 and I did follow the forum's instructions to set up the installation..
    Inpa works fine with my car.. NCS too!!

ANY IDEAS to set my Progman to worl with my car?

Everything is appreciated!
    ciao!!!
    Alex
    I have some problem!!
    whith e46 work fine. with e60 not work and say it needs OPS or ICOM interface for this car.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by se93 View Post
    Hi guys

I started up a new virtual machine last night using Viperunners virtual disk and installation guide, but i continue to have problems in getting the Progman installation to initiate. Today, i went ahead and started a new virtual machine once again and still get the same results. There has got to be something that needs to be done that is not in the instructions. Can anyone lend a hand to help me get this up and running (at least resolve the stalling problem of the progman installation)

Regards,
    Mark
    I had this problem too. I just right-clicked on the CD icon at the bottom of the VMWare screen and disconnected the drive, then reconnected it. That got the install going.

My problem is that I can't get through the install on V32. V30 works OK, but V32 always hangs after reaching 100%. I've noticed also that there are 2 install dialogs going on at the same time. Is this normal?

My Cars
    BMW Touring

Thumbs up

Hi,

thanks for your work, my system works perfekt!

My Cars
    98 540i6
    having the issue where it asks for the progman DVD; but, it won't register that it's there - no autostart on the installation .

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, no good.

maybe i'll try doing from an image instead of the DVD.

Tried with the .iso image, still no go. grrrrr!

worst part is that it was installing last night; so I went to bed, then windows decided to install updates and restart itself while I was asleep.
    Last edited by mattmartindrift; 07-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Hi guys

When Progman installation starts up, at 2% installation of DVD 1 i get an error message shown in the following snapshot. Is this indication of an incomplete or bad copy of the Progman files? I converted the two DVD's i have to .iso files with no problem and have done the installation in two different machines but get the same error.

Regards,
    Mark
    this took me 3 dates to pass
    for some reason 6.5 which you sent to me does not work
    With 7.0 i dont have this issue

TIP
    try another VMware with full VMware tool
    good luck
    Last edited by champaign777; 07-14-2010 at 06:02 PM.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Sss

Hmm. I did about 5 full SSS installations with VMware 6/6.5 versions and in each of the installations had the problem after showing 2% of installation. I ran the VMware tools installation setup but have not had any luck. What version of Vmware have those fortunate to successfully install SSS Progman V32 use? Did others successful installing it also end up using Vmware 7? I kind of gave up on it as each time i followed instructions exactly with no mistakes and ended up with the same results. With the error message i received on each installation, i figured that the ProgmanV32 i got was imcomplete, corrupt or just bad. Was this same error encountered by anyone else and did you fix it running Vmware 7? Anyone have a way to get it right? I also never managed to initiate Progman installation with Randomys instructions, but on my 5 installation attempts using the bmwecu.org SSS Progman installation instructions, i managed to get Progman installation initialized, but got the error at 2%.

Regards,
    mark
    Last edited by se93; 07-14-2010 at 09:50 PM.

My Cars
    05/1995 E36 318i M43
    Hi se93,
    I've installed it succesfully on the 1st attempt two days ago following Randomy's instructions exactly. Only one problem appeared as the VM couldn't load the Changes ISO when I wanted to copy the HWVer.dll. It just loaded it and disconnected immediately (tried several times and always the same). But it wasn't any trouble - if it happens, just map the VM HDD once more, load the Changes ISO to Daemon and copy the file on real machine. Then don't forget to disconnect the mapped disk in VMware.
    Software used:
    VMware 6.5.3
    SSS Base 3.1 ISO
    Progman v32 ISOs (2 DVDs)
    Changes ISO
    The SSS, Changes and Progman downloaded from the links posted by ViperRunner.

Hope this will help. Good luck.

EDIT: Install VMware Tools when you log in as Administrator for the 1st time.
    Last edited by CUBE318i; 07-16-2010 at 08:27 AM.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Sss

Thanks for the reply CUBE318i. I might give it another try to see what happens. What i don't understand is that following Randomy's writeup, i could never get the ProgmanV32 installation initialized. I tried it a bunch of times, but could never get Progman to start installing. The only times i was able to get Progman initialzed was using the bmwecu.org instructions, but as i previously indicated, it would render an error at 2%.

Thanks again for the information. Lets see what i decide to do.

Regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by CUBE318i View Post
    Hi se93,
    I've installed it succesfully on the 1st attempt two days ago following Randomy's instructions exactly. Only one problem appeared as the VM couldn't load the Changes ISO when I wanted to copy the HWVer.dll. It just loaded it and disconnected immediately (tried several times and always the same). But it wasn't any trouble - if it happens, just map the VM HDD once more, load the Changes ISO to Daemon and copy the file on real machine. Then don't forget to disconnect the mapped disk in VMware.
    Software used:
    VMware 6.5.3
    SSS Base 3.1 ISO
    Progman v32 ISOs (2 DVDs)
    Changes ISO
    The SSS, Changes and Progman downloaded from the links posted by ViperRunner.

Hope this will help. Good luck.

EDIT: Install VMware Tools when you log in as Administrator for the 1st time.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Thanks for the reply CUBE318i. I might give it another try to see what happens. What i don't understand is that following Randomy's writeup, i could never get the ProgmanV32 installation initialized. I tried it a bunch of times, but could never get Progman to start installing. The only times i was able to get Progman initialzed was using the bmwecu.org instructions, but as i previously indicated, it would render an error at 2%.

Thanks again for the information. Lets see what i decide to do.

Regards,
    Mark
    Make sure you have the Progman32 disks from Viper's RapidShare links. There's a version floating around (from some other share site--can't recall which) that has problems.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Mark, you need to be really careful with typing the shell setting:- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ifs\install\instprg.exe[SPACE]-prg
    The installation will hang if it is not right (ask me how I know!)
    Randomy's installation guide is basically identical to the bmwecu.org procedure, only not quite as detailed in detailing hive settings etc,

My Cars
    05/1995 E36 318i M43
    Mark,
    to eliminate all possible mistakes during installation just follow Randomy's instructions and check every your screen compared to his screenshots. Also, as I did, you can copy and paste the shell setting instead of typing it.
    Just leave yourself enough time for the installation and check every your step and I think that with the files from Viper you will make this happen.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Sss

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Mark, you need to be really careful with typing the shell setting:- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ifs\install\instprg.exe[SPACE]-prg
    The installation will hang if it is not right (ask me how I know!)
    Randomy's installation guide is basically identical to the bmwecu.org procedure, only not quite as detailed in detailing hive settings etc,

Hi David

Thanks for the post. I actually made sure this was correctly entered including the space and what i did was save it as a text file and use it every time i tried installing. I suspect that the copy of ProgmanV32 i purchased is either corrupt or incomplete. To me that is the issue, but i just might give it another try to see what happens. I dont think that the copy i purchased was from the download in randomys thread. Thus, i think that is my problem.

Regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by CUBE318i View Post
    Mark,
    to eliminate all possible mistakes during installation just follow Randomy's instructions and check every your screen compared to his screenshots. Also, as I did, you can copy and paste the shell setting instead of typing it.
    Just leave yourself enough time for the installation and check every your step and I think that with the files from Viper you will make this happen.
    Hi CUBE318i.

I did just that with the shell setting and saved it into a notepad file and had my wife take a look at it to make sure it was correctly entered. As i mentioned to David, i am inclined to indicate that the copy of ProgmanV32 i purchased is either corrupt or incomplete in some way and i do not think this version is the same version as the one in Randomys thread.

Regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by se93; 07-19-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I am using Progman v32 and Base 3.1 downloaded from here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8&postcount=17 Just make sure that after downloading all parts, the files are equal in size as I found that some did not download correctly on the 1st attempt. By comparing the file sizes you can easily identify whether any parts are incomplete and just re-download that part (last part is naturally smaller). This way you ensure you have the complete download, which works flawlessly for me.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Sss

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    I am using Progman v32 and Base 3.1 downloaded from here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8&postcount=17 Just make sure that after downloading all parts, the files are equal in size as I found that some did not download correctly on the 1st attempt. By comparing the file sizes you can easily identify whether any parts are incomplete and just re-download that part (last part is naturally smaller). This way you ensure you have the complete download, which works flawlessly for me.
    Check your PM David

Regards,
    Mark

My Cars
    bmw e87
    Quote Originally Posted by rominiss View Post
    I have some problem!!
    whith e46 work fine. with e60 not work and say it needs OPS or ICOM interface for this car.
    for solve problem icom interface on e8x e9x e6x series install this changes.iso (thx xdrive)

Changes by Xdrive

bye

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525d Touring
    Is there anyone that can upload part 36 to part 44 of the DIS V32 images? The are no longer available on rapidshare.

My Cars
    99 frc
    i cant download 38,40,31,46-62

??

h8bal can you please email me lex99frc@hotmail.com
    Last edited by 99frc; 07-27-2010 at 11:06 AM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525d Touring
    I could e-mail you, but I seem to be missing almost the same files a you do

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Damn damn damn!!! I snarfed all of v32. I got the last files this afternoon. I went to unrar it just now, and found I was missing part51. So back we go, only to find the file group had been flagged and removed. Does anyone happen to have the pieces still laying around, and can zap it over to me?

TIA

/.randy

My Cars
    bmw e87
    PROGMAN V32 DOWNLOAD

This file when unpack have extension .isz ;-)

You can convert in iso or write on dvd with Alcohol_120_1.9.8.7612

Enjoy ;-)

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast