Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

thanks for your replies guys.
    i didnt know you had to run the diaghead for sss, although i did try it with it running and it made no difference.
    I will try geargrinders suggestions and report back, Are we of the opinion that i do not need to use a changes iso then ?
    thanks

Just tried the suggestions, but still say's i need op(p)s /icom.
    can somebody confirm if i need to load a change iso or not for a E91.
    Thanks
    Last edited by scottyr1; 08-05-2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Use SSS Full Start.iso .

sss base 3.1 hack

Thanks for your reply.
    I have downloaded the changes iso and started to load it but it requires the base 3.1 hack, which i don't have. I have spent a while online looking for it but can only find the complete sss progman 3.1 and changes parts 1 to 20 at 50mb each.
    Does anybody have or know where I can get just the Base 3.1 hack.

Thanks

My Cars
    2001 BMW E46 320i

paulb34
    Thanks for that but I still can only see the part 1 to 20 rar files at 50mb each. I just want the base 3.1 hack on its own if possible as I already have progman v32 up and running, or am I missing something here. Are you saying that I have to download them all.
    Thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you already have PROGMAN running, you should not need to download anything to alter which changes .iso file is used.

• Power Off the Virtual Machine, we are not quite ready to run Progman yet:
    • Once again open the proerpteis for the hard drive and click Utilities > Map:

• Map the first drive, (remember to remove the read-only checkmark)

• Open Regedit

• In the Registry Editor, Click File > Load Hive
    • Browse to the file Z:\Windows\System32\Config\Software
    • Give the hive a name like BASE31
    • It will show up in the registry

• Browse to BASE31\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon
    • Find the value of SHELL and double-click it

• Change the value to Explorer.exe

• Collapse the folder tree so that BASE31 is highlighted

• Click File > Unload Hive.
    • Close registry editor
    • Return to VMware, open the properties for the hard drive and select Utilities > Disconnect

• Open the properties for CD drive and load the changes.iso file

• Start the VM and it will boot into Windows and press cancel to any messages about agp440.sys

• Open My Computer

• Double click the CD drive (Changes (G) and a command window should open:

If the command window does not open, and instead you see the contents of the drive, double-click the file sss_stage2

• Press any key to continue
    • You’ll see the following screen, and again press any key to continue

Help Me Become a Lego Designer| Dealer Software + Install Guides | How To Acheive Quality Sound in Your E36 |E36 Stuff For Sale 1 2 3 4 5| Polarized Sunglasses for getting laid in

randomyView Public ProfileSend a private message to randomySend email to randomyFind all posts by randomyFind All Threads Started By randomyAdd randomy to Your ContactsAdd randomy to Ignore List
    02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
    randomy
    Roadrunner
    Cars: 96 328i, 01 325xi
    Feedback Score: 13 reviews, 100%

• Reboot the VM (Start > Shutdown >Restart)
    • While you wait for the VM to restart, launch IFHSrv32.exe from the C:\EDIABAS\Bin folder.
    • Progman is up for the first time finally

• Click on Administration and the following screen appears

• Click on interfaces and you see this screen:

• Click on External Interface, and click Add

• Enter 192.168.68.1 for IP address and press continue

• It takes you back to the interface screen, so just click on Home

Last edited by David Mc; 08-07-2012 at 03:56 AM.

My Cars
    S54 and S62
    Sorry if this is a stupid/noob question but how different would the installation process be and where would be the changes if I don't have carsoft/carsoft interface?

I have NCS/inpa working well if obd2-usb interface and I'm hoping to use that cable with SSS Progman.
    Current:
    Alpine White E46 325i Touring S54 6MT
    Titanium Silver E39 540i Touring M-Sport S62 6MT

Past:
    Alpine White E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
    Interlagos Blue E85 Z4 M Roadster 6MT
    Le Mans Blue E92 M3 6MT
    Japan Red E46 325i Touring S54 6MT
    Estoril Blue Individual E46 M3 Coupe 6MT
    Cosmos Black E36 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
    Alpine White E92 M3 6MT
    Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
    Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 Coupe 6MT
    Jet Black E36 325is S52 5MT
    Lagoon Green E36 325is 5MT

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The installation process is the same but you need to use the appropriate changes.iso file for the interface type required for your car. For EDIC interfaces use Changes_v2.iso, DCAN use Changes by XDrive_v2.iso etc..

My Cars
    335xi

Need help, please

Please help.
    I am running Windows 7 64 Ultimate and I set up everything to this point. Now I mapped my Z drive (I can see my VM machine drive mapped as Z) in explorer then I loaded regedit > load hive but Z: drive will not show in search.
    • In the Registry, Click File > Load Hive
    • Browse to the file Z:\Windows\System32\Config\Software
    • Give the hive a name like BASE31
    • It will show up in the registry
    Thank you
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 09-06-2012 at 09:45 AM.

My Cars
    //M5s, 4.8iS , Z32TT
    Another "Thanks" for dracon
    After many attempt to install SSS Progman, which ended up at 15% and kept kicking DVD2 out. I downloaded your Pre-load VM and it work great.
    However, how do I modify the progman.xml file per your README instruction so that the model will show up? I found the file but I cant edit it in VM.

EDIT: I got it figure out. However, I ran into new problem. When I re-start Progman, it asks me to re-configure. After doing all that, Progman is running. But I do NOT have "New Session" Button as the screen shot. What did I do wrong? Any help/idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT2: I did another installation on a desktop and copy the whole VM over. Everything check out fine now. Time to hook it up and see.
    Last edited by tmvE39E53Z32TT; 09-08-2012 at 10:23 AM.

2000 Dinan S1 //M5 (my DD) --------------- 06 DINAN E53 4.8iS (wife's) -------------- 90 Straman Z32TT (my pride & joy)

Gone, but not forgotten: 01 E39 M5, 01 E53 3.0i, 01 525i Sport, 03 DINAN 540i MSport and 91 Z32 TwinTurbo

My Cars
    Look at sig
    Can anyone please help? Using the silver cable posted pages ago (18). The shop where my husband works at has a E65 that came in with transmission problems. They bought him a new one etc and now I guess he needs to program it and code it? However, he gets this error when he tries (it did read the car, pulls info etc):

I asked him to look for me at what the program's version was and it's:

With some Google searching I found this PDF file and if I'm reading it right, the SSS and car softwares should talk to each other.

Help?!

Ok, so I guess I need v41... I believe I already have that downloaded on my external HDD.. What do I need to do? Just unzip/rar and install or do I need more playing around?
    Last edited by Milla; 09-18-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[ 1995 Alpine White Coupe M3 Track Build | 1997 Techno Violet M3/4/5 | 2000 Imola Red M5 DINAN S1 | 2001 Phoenix Yellow M3 | 2009 Blue Water 335d ]

|-| I run the largest active group of BMWs in the area, join me at Central Florida BMW Owners |-|

INSTAGRAM/Millakins | FACEBOOK/milla.bimmer

___ NURPLE ___ M3PO ___ M CINQUE ___

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    Did you got this fixed? I have the same issue, and I don't know how to perform the upgrade to v41 or v 46
    Also, I read somewhere that ISTA/p software would be recommended. I downloaded the ISTA/p VMWare image (about 52 Gb...) and that one can't make it work with INPA compatible cable (K+DCAN)
    Anyone can give a little hint on this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milla View Post
    Can anyone please help? Using the silver cable posted pages ago (18). The shop where my husband works at has a E65 that came in with transmission problems. They bought him a new one etc and now I guess he needs to program it and code it? However, he gets this error when he tries (it did read the car, pulls info etc):

I asked him to look for me at what the program's version was and it's:

With some Google searching I found this PDF file and if I'm reading it right, the SSS and car softwares should talk to each other.

Help?!

Ok, so I guess I need v41... I believe I already have that downloaded on my external HDD.. What do I need to do? Just unzip/rar and install or do I need more playing around?

My Cars
    1984 528e
    EDITED - Fixed the install issue, I had to run the initial setup in custom, rather than typical, and choose IDE instead of SCSI. My problem now, is with the communication to the car. I'm not using the emulator, I have an OPS head and a GT1 head. Neither of them will communicate with the software, thought I can ping them from VMware (Both units work fine in carsoft, just won't program modules).

Anyone know what settings I have to change to look for the actual hardware rather than the emulator? The Progman sotfware won't let me delete or adjust the settings on the 10 interfaces that show up in it, all in the 192.168.0.x ip range. My ops head is 192.168.68.85 and the gt1 head is 192.168.68.36

ANOTHER EDIT:
    I installed the progman disks and didn't use the changes ISO. Works great with both heads now.
    Last edited by JBavousett; 11-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL
    Which changes iso do I use for a K+DCAN USB cable and an e38?

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    E38s dont use K+DCan...They use 20 pin port...

My Cars
    2006 BMW E91
    Thanks for this!!!

My Cars
    1996 Bmw 728ia
    Hi everyone!

I have a problem, when im trying to log on as administrator with the password "++Xs4Progman" it dosnt work. Can anyone please help me out!!!

My Cars
    e39 530d touring
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfader View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have a problem, when im trying to log on as administrator with the password "++Xs4Progman" it dosnt work. Can anyone please help me out!!!

"+" dont come from + button , put your cursor to field where u write Administrator and test which button + mark comes. ur keyboard is scandinavia and the installation is usa. sorry my bad english...

i have little problem

after adjusting shell entry to C:\WINDOWS\system32\ifs\install\instprg.exe –prg

which image i should load?

i have these images
    -changes
    -base 3.1 hack
    -progmanv32 disc 1
    -progmanv32 disc 2
    Last edited by ARDler; 03-01-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1984 528e
    So I'm having a problem with vmware. I installed the progman software, but without the software emulated heads. I have an actual GT1 and an OPS head. My software will connect to the head and work perfectly, one time. After that, i have to uninstall the VMWare bridge protocol, reboot, re-install it, reboot, and I can use the physical head to connect again. Once I disconnect, I have to do it all again. The vmware copy of xp can't even ping the head until I do all that junk. Once the 2nd reboot completes, I can ping it, until I disconnect the head again. Outside vmware, no issues pinging the head. I'm new to vmware, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    Hi everyone!
    My installation is stuck on 100% And it's stays like that for couple hours. I've already tried to delete everything and start over, but as soon I rich 100% on installation it stucks there.
    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    1999 E46 328ci MT
    Seems the same things as I ..

http://www.4shared.com/dir/LfFoCBq2/...s_Machine.html

the Progman disc 2 part 36 got CRC error.. so, that means the iso is not the same .. so, it got error..

Can anyone fix it ?

Thanks.

My Cars
    USMC M1A1 Abrams

Exclamation

Although this question is a year old, I am having the same issue and did not find any follow-up answers to this post.

I first followed the Win7 x64 install instrux pdf created by MaikelK, but ERD Commander 2008 does not at all look like the screen shots shown in the pdf, but it seems like the net result was to launch the Registry Editor. Unfortunately, I get an "file in use" error when I try to create a new hive under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

So I tried the original instrux of the first post of this thread that explains to mount the first partition of the VM disk with write capabilities, but when I try to locate the Z: drive under RegEdit, it doesn't show up in the "Load Hive" open dialog, even though I can see the mounted drive via Explorer.

What is the answer to this road-block?

I tried downloading a pre-installed Progman v32 but it was in Russian (dang those Russkies!)

My Cars
    2000 BMW 530d
    Hello

I have a problem installing progman V32 on my vmware 7.1 virtual machine
    I have followed the instructions and made it up to Progman installation,
    but a little after the program has asked me to enter DVD 2, then it goes up to 50% and then stops giving error: "an error(7) occured during copy process"
    I have tried it from the beginning but no good. Also wrote Progman disc 2 on a DVD, but it didn't solve the problem.

Anyone had this kind of situation? I have been looking for a solution for hours but no good

I'd appreciate any help.
    Thank You!

My Cars
    Mini Cooper
    Hello,

Reading a lot on this thread, but did not find anything, if i only want to install mini cooper in progman, so without the bmw files to shorten the installation time when making a clean install.

Tnx

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)
    Hey guys, hoping you can help me on an odd issue with my fresh SSS / DIS install on my E38. I've got everything setup great and it all seems to work, diaghead is running, IFHsrv32 is running (and shows an IP connection when I am in and using DIS or SSS), VMware is good. Here's the problem; DIS works sort of OK, I can diagnose faults in various modules, but it will not automatically identify my car, saying something about my car data being erroneous or something else I can't recall, sorry. This means I have to manually select the model and year, and then manually scan each module which is irritating - DIS also gives me that 12v battery warning, just ignore it? Battery and volts are all fine anyway. SSS however is another story - it all works and my interface is recognised (ADS cable FYI as my car is a 95 build date) however it sits on "The central coding key (ZCS) is being determined" for almost FIVE MINUTES, then spits out this error;

"Vehicles of L20 model series cannot be handled with Progman. Terminate program."

Any ideas what is going wrong? Clearly it has a connection to the car and they're talking to one another, but it just gets stuck on this problem. I tried some advice I saw posted elsewhere that says to have the ADS cable hooked up AND the car in pos2 BEFORE running VMware, so I tried that too, but same deal. Thoughts? Feel like I'm so close here.

*edit - SSS Version 32, DIS version 57 FYI.
    Last edited by Sobek; 01-22-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132 LastLast