Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    I feel like a dweeb....I cant even get passed this error message when trying to install prog sss..
    who can point me in the right direction??
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW
    You create the VM machine and use the base to load up in the ISO image but make sure you check off that the OS will be installed later on...Load should commence on startup. If not then the file that you downloaded is corrupt...You are in New York and so am I, I can give you a working copy of my Progman Vm Machine if you want to save you in the hassle, but you need an external drive larger than 25 gbs...I am in BKLYN
    This program is no joke if you do a native install...It took me two weeks to get it working!
    Last edited by cn555ic; 03-28-2012 at 07:46 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
    You create the VM machine and use the base in an ISO image and load it up stating the OS will be installed later on...Load should commence on startup. If not then the file that you downloaded is corrupt...You are in New York and so am I, I can give you a working copy of Progman in VMware but you need an external drive larger than 25 gbs...I am in BKLYN
    This program is no joke if you do a native install...Shit took me two weeks to get it working!

Randomy sent me this disc personally..

Im trying to install it on windows xp laptop....could that be the problem??

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chaze View Post
    Randomy sent me this disc personally..

Im trying to install it on windows xp laptop....could that be the problem??

Oh then it cant be corrupt! lol Even though he sent you the discs, its still a bitch to get it working! Either way the offer stands, but if you want to try to get it working yourself, I am sure Randomy is the man to help...His posts have lead me to the promise land many times!
    It has nothing to do with windows XP...As long as its a 32 bit OS you should be good..

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Oh then it cant be corrupt! lol Even though he sent you the discs, its still a bitch to get it working! Either way the offer stands, but if you want to try to get it working yourself, I am sure Randomy is the man to help...His posts have lead me to the promise land many times!

Yup...

Im trying to code my keys and alarm system and I havent came across anything in dis...I figured ncs and progman sss was the way to go..

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    XP isn't the issue. I installed it on my XP laptop inside vmware just like you. My CD/DVD Drive gave me issues installing so I used Daemon tools and created a virtual cd drive to load the base iso and then the 2 progman iso files.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by age109 View Post
    XP isn't the issue. I installed it on my XP laptop inside vmware just like you. My CD/DVD Drive gave me issues installing so I used Daemon tools and created a virtual cd drive to load the base iso and then the 2 progman iso files.

OOOOOOOOOPPPPSSSSS.....I meant Im trying to install it on a windows vista laptop..

My Cars
    BMW
    Are u sure you are using the VMs virtual CD drive and NOT the FLOPPY drive?

I dont recall what I did, but it was very difficult to get it working..I had to use Erd Commander 2005 to get into the shell as Erd Commander 2008 did not allow me to get into the shell for some strange reason..I def dont want to relive that week of stress!
    Randomy's DIY as for going into the shell via the Z drive also did not work for me...everytime I went into the utiltiy and mapped out the z drive, I could not get any further and not access the registry..Only way getting to modify the registry and the rest of embedded Windows OS was ERD commander 2005. I dunno why.
    Once I got passed modifying the Windows registry and changing all the control panel apps then For some reason I had issues with my CD/DVD also...It kept ejecting for no reason and would not stay connecting...I didnt know what to do next so I just re-did the installation from the beginning, and one time I got lucky and the CD/DVD drive kept connection and finished the install...4 times the installation went to 97% and froze on me...that was the worst. The one time I got lucky and it finished installing, I was tripping with joy and I was in shock...
    Last edited by cn555ic; 03-27-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    OOOOOOOOOPPPPSSSSS.....I meant Im trying to install it on a windows vista laptop..
    I doubt that is the issue. Your inside a VM with XP. One question, did you copy the ISO file off the cd from Randomy and put it on your harddrive, or are you trying to read the ISO directly off the CD in the CD drive?

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    I doubt that is the issue. Your inside a VM with XP. One question, did you copy the ISO file off the cd from Randomy and put it on your harddrive, or are you trying to read the ISO directly off the CD in the CD drive?
    Well,...the only thing Im not selecting is microsoft xp,...Im choosing vista (obviously)..and I did copy the file over to my hd, and then selecting iso in the options menu.

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    Well,...the only thing Im not selecting is microsoft xp,...Im choosing vista (obviously)..
    Is there a reason you're choosing Vista when the instructions say to choose XP professional? I'm not trying to be rude, just not sure what the drop down is giving you in VMWare, maybe its not there?

If its there you should definitely use it. Regardless if you are actually using Vista on your laptop.

I found that if you miss a single step in this install, you're in for a long night. Retrace your steps and do exactly as the instructions say. If that's not it, I'm not sure what else to look for.

My Cars
    BMW
    Is there a reason you're choosing Vista when the instructions say to choose XP professional? I'm not trying to be rude, just not sure what the drop down is giving you in VMWare, maybe its not there?

If its there you should definitely use it. Regardless if you are actually using Vista on your laptop.

I found that if you miss a single step in this install, you're in for a long night. Retrace your steps and do exactly as the instructions say. If that's not it, I'm not sure what else to look for.
    LOL...long night...try long week

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk

Oh wow,.. I just figured to choose vista since thats what I have.

Now Im having trouble finding z: drive after loading hive..
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 03-28-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2000 m5e39
    Hi bimmer community

sorry because I disturb your thread but I need help and hope someone can help me

I have the easy dis v44 with update installed on 57 and everything works except when I go to test the plan will be controlled by the vanos or something dme it does not work

the diesel it does it I can dde and everything works not only in benziner. have the normal ads and obd2 obd interface and everything works inpa not only wants to dis the test plan. hope you can help me not to proceed any further

sorry my english is not good

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk

bump anyone

My Cars
    BMW
    bump anyone

Send me a usb that can hold more than 25 gb and I will send you a working copy of VMware....Or you can meet up with me if you have a external hard drive to upload the VMware machine...Save you all this stress

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chaze

After you map the drive to z: you should see that under "My Computer" inside the XP VM. Also make sure when you type regedit you do so inside the vm and not from vista.

If you dont see z drive under my computer, repeat the drive mapping process.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    After you map the drive to z: you should see that under "My Computer" inside the XP VM. Also make sure when you type regedit you do so inside the vm and not from vista.

If you dont see z drive under my computer, repeat the drive mapping process.
    Vmware is running fine...I have dis running perfectly..its the install to progman thats giving me a bit of trouble. Thanks for the offer.

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chaze

Vmware is running fine...I have dis running perfectly..its the install to progman thats giving me a bit of trouble. Thanks for the offer.
    ?

I'm trying to help with the progman install and help you find the z drive.

My Cars
    BMW
    Lol I know your Vmware is working fine...I am giving you what you find in the virtual machines files for VMware....basically you just load up those files to your computer and you have a working copy of Progman SSS...NP...Hope you get it working, I told you it wasnt going to be easy especially a native install.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Lol I know your Vmware is working fine...I am giving you what you find in the virtual machines files for VMware....basically you just load up those files to your computer and you have a working copy of Progman SSS...NP...Hope you get it working, I told you it wasnt going to be easy especially a native install.

oh,..whats your schedule like? drop me a pm..

My Cars

Thumbs up

hi all just a quick one about instalation not starting i noticed after 4 days of trying.when u get the agp screen dont close it just work around it.and leve it on screen until finished dont press cancel,

try it and see its worked for me

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboots View Post
    hi all just a quick one about instalation not starting i noticed after 4 days of trying.when u get the agp screen dont close it just work around it.and leve it on screen until finished dont press cancel,

try it and see its worked for me
    The changes.iso has a file in there that takes care of that apg error...

My Cars
    BMW
    Does a 2005 E46 require a D-Can cable to have pins 7 and 8 bridged? I tried to connect to the car and although I know for sure there is connection because Progman goes to the next screen of reading the FA/ZCS and just keeps reading and reading but never goes to the next menu where it gives you a warning to continue. I kept it reading for over 10 minutes and nothing changed. If I bridge 7 and 8, do you think it will work?

Ok. I modified my cable with a switch and have 7 and 8 bridged. 2005 E46 INPA and Dis 44 work perfect but I cant get Progman to work. It reads the FA/zcs and then after it says it requires an Edic/Icom cable connection. What needs to be done to make connection?? Do I need to change anything in the Ediabas configuration. I know my modified cable works because Dis 44 and INPA wasn't communicating and now it does. Thanks for the help

I used changesbyXdrivev2 if that matter...I didnt try SSSFullStart.iso. I think I read somewhere that SSS.FullStart.iso is for E46? IS this true??? So if I change this setting I should be good?

Problem solved! It indeed worked with only SSSFullStart.iso and not the other one I had loaded in ChangesbyXdrivev2.iso.

Got it working...Changed out ChangesbyXDriveV2.iso with SSSfullStart.iso and it worked like a charm...Coded my brother in laws car. Only problem was it took soooo long...NCS is so much better...
    Here is a pic of my success and my cable that I had to modify to get it to work for the E46
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cn555ic; 04-08-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    e999
    Does a 2005 E46 require a D-Can cable to have pins 7 and 8 bridged? I tried to connect to the car and although I know for sure there is connection because Progman goes to the next screen of reading the FA/ZCS and just keeps reading and reading but never goes to the next menu where it gives you a warning to continue. I kept it reading for over 10 minutes and nothing changed. If I bridge 7 and 8, do you think it will work?

Ok. I modified my cable with a switch and have 7 and 8 bridged. 2005 E46 INPA and Dis 44 work perfect but I cant get Progman to work. It reads the FA/zcs and then after it says it requires an Edic/Icom cable connection. What needs to be done to make connection?? Do I need to change anything in the Ediabas configuration. I know my modified cable works because Dis 44 and INPA wasn't communicating and now it does. Thanks for the help

I used changesbyXdrivev2 if that matter...I didnt try SSSFullStart.iso. I think I read somewhere that SSS.FullStart.iso is for E46? IS this true??? So if I change this setting I should be good?

Problem solved! It indeed worked with only SSSFullStart.iso and not the other one I had loaded in ChangesbyXdrivev2.iso.

Got it working...Changed out ChangesbyXDriveV2.iso with SSSfullStart.iso and it worked like a charm...Coded my brother in laws car. Only problem was it took soooo long...NCS is so much better...
    Here is a pic of my success and my cable that I had to modify to get it to work for the E46
    you need this to be able to change emulation mode

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast