Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    Quote Originally Posted by dracon View Post
    Excellent, I'm glad it worked for you!

I'll try to see if I can get a more permanent place to host these files.

If I had a place with enough space, I could upload a fully preconfigured SSS + v32 installed VM. I've got it compressed down to about 5G total with WinZip.

i can host it but how would you get the files to me?
    so far on my install ive got to the point where you power off the virtual machine and edit the regestry using regedit,trouble is it wont let me open regedit,any ideas??

My Cars
    2006 BMW 523i E61
    Dracon, I can't see a PM option on this forum, but I can open my FTP site for you to upload to.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i can host it but how would you get the files to me?
    so far on my install ive got to the point where you power off the virtual machine and edit the regestry using regedit,trouble is it wont let me open regedit,any ideas??

Try using the method suggested by Gene Poole to get access to the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Poole View Post
    I wish people would give up on this method. Here's a better way that doesn't muck with the registry:

Map the C: drive in vmware (read/write). I'm going to assume J: as the vmware assigned drive letter for the map.

Rename J:\windows\system32\ifs\install\instprg.exe to instprg1.exe

Copy Explorer.exe from the J:\windows directory and paste it into the J:\windows\system32\ifs\install.

Rename J:\windows\system32\ifs\install\explorer.exe to instprg.exe

If you've already installed progman, the shell is D:\Programme\ifs\shell\Progman.exe Do the same with this, only map D: drive in vmware

When you reboot, you'll be in the normal explorer shell and when you are ready to go back to progman, just re-rename the files back to normal and reboot.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    Try using the method suggested by Gene Poole to get access to the desktop.
    ok will give that a try...so if we've downloaded your virtual disk files and installed all the progman software do we still have to use regedit to change the software file in windows32/conf/software etc or is that all done already in the files we have downloaded from you?

i tried to alter it like youve just said and got access denied,it seems iam locked out of any attempts to alter system 32,on the verge of giving up here
    Last edited by jamie123; 03-03-2011 at 06:35 PM.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    ok will give that a try...so if we've downloaded your virtual disk files and installed all the progman software do we still have to use regedit to change the software file in windows32/conf/software etc or is that all done already in the files we have downloaded from you?

i tried to alter it like youve just said and got access denied,it seems iam locked out of any attempts to alter system 32,on the verge of giving up here
    You don't need to mess with the registry at all. But if you are using a usb cable to access your car, you'll need to get to the desktop (use Gene's method above) and load the appropriate changes.iso file required for your particular needs.

All the registry does is help get you to the desktop, but Gene's method is alot easier so I would follow it.

If you are using a real DK or OPS head, nothing further is required except playing with the VMWare network settings to bridge your wired ethernet card to the virtual machine network card. It'll show up in the device list automagically.

My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    ive tried following the guide and get to xp booting up then i get this,any ideas?
    This looks like a chipset error. The computer/vmware instance you are setting it up on is either setting up the drives as SCSI (which is bad), or as IDE. SCSI is a mess to deal with, but if it is IDE, just boot into XP on the original device, go into Device Manager via Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager, and go under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and find the Primary IDE channel (don't know what name it is, but it should mention primary in it), and double click it. Go under the Driver tab and click Update Driver.From there, when it asks you what the wizard should do, select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and hit next. Then click the "Don't search, I will choose a driver to install" and click next. From there, you should see a list with your current IDE controller and "Standard IDE/ESDI Disk Controller". Select the Standard one and finish the wizard. From there, shut the VMware instance/computer down, move the drive to the new location, and boot it up. It should boot and then change the controller back to the right controller. Hope this helps.

Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstah View Post
    This looks like a chipset error. The computer/vmware instance you are setting it up on is either setting up the drives as SCSI (which is bad), or as IDE. SCSI is a mess to deal with, but if it is IDE, just boot into XP on the original device, go into Device Manager via Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager, and go under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and find the Primary IDE channel (don't know what name it is, but it should mention primary in it), and double click it. Go under the Driver tab and click Update Driver.From there, when it asks you what the wizard should do, select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and hit next. Then click the "Don't search, I will choose a driver to install" and click next. From there, you should see a list with your current IDE controller and "Standard IDE/ESDI Disk Controller". Select the Standard one and finish the wizard. From there, shut the VMware instance/computer down, move the drive to the new location, and boot it up. It should boot and then change the controller back to the right controller. Hope this helps.
    thanks mate i got over that problem by installing dracons files,dracon i cant get windows desk top or start up up on the screen,all i can do is get to the windows files using hd map untick the read and then explorer shows the files,the trouble is i cant edit any of then because it says i need to be an administrator,so ive hit a brick wall. how about if i install windows xp on its own from a cd and then install progman,would that give me full access to windows?

this is what happens when i do gene pooles method

ok out od desperation i have installed xp on a virtual machine,it appears i can now edit etc using regedit and have access to all the files etc,my question is now,what files do i use for installing sss/progman on it? sorry for all the posts,im close togetting it working i can feel it!
    Last edited by jamie123; 03-04-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    stiil no luck trying all the methods above,i found this though and it all works ok!
    http://allautoinfo.org/diagnostic/

My Cars
    Bmw 523 96model, Bmw 520 92model
    All i get then trying to install Progman V3.0 is a box with this message:

AM Installation

Please insert AM-DVD
    Installation starts automatically

What am i doing wrong?

My Cars
    i have download from http://www.4shared.com/dir/LfFoCBq2/...s_Machine.html
    programmv32 disc 2 parts part 24 part25 part38 part39 is dead can you pls new uplad this 4 parts say The file link that you requested is not valid. thank you
    Last edited by atilganoez; 03-08-2011 at 04:13 AM.

My Cars
    Bmw 523 96model, Bmw 520 92model
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlove View Post
    All i get then trying to install Progman V3.0 is a box with this message:

AM Installation

Please insert AM-DVD
    Installation starts automatically

What am i doing wrong?
    Forget it, i finally managed to install it

My Cars
    BMW E61 535d 2005
    It is perfect, I really like it, it is easy to follow up and do it, thanks a lot, great job.
    Just I have a problem on this point, I'm sure it is somewhere here, just can not find it:
    As I don't have the "win" button (old IBM t30) I can not find the way to open the registry again.
    When I'm trying to do it like mount hive - it is already mounted, but I can not unmounted.

Can you please help?

thx

• Open Regedit in the virtual machine (press Windows key+R to bring up run menu, type in regedit)

• Adjust the Shell entry to C:\WINDOWS\system32\ifs\install\instprg.exe –prg

My Cars
    BMW 120iA E87
    Hallo
    ich habe BMW 120 i , E87, I installed Progman V32 and everything going good until i connect it to my auto i got the following error

any idea how to solve this problem

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    all my problems installing this seem to point to vista,ive set it up on my laptop with xp and its all ok,i can map drive z etc.
    i wonder if anyone else had this problem?

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by tariktj View Post
    Hallo
    ich habe BMW 120 i , E87, I installed Progman V32 and everything going good until i connect it to my auto i got the following error

any idea how to solve this problem
    It means that the software version on your car is higher than what Progman has installed (you have 37.2 to be exact). Progman officially only goes as high as 32. You can try to apply later daten files to progman, but it is risky if you try to use it from programing.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Finally got it all uploaded.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/IzzqCIkM/BMW_Tools.html

My suggestion for easy downloading, create a free account on 4shared and add the files from my share to yours and then use 4shared desktop to download them quickly from your account. You won't have the waiting restrictions or be forced to download the files one by one if you are a free user.

My Cars
    BMW 120iA E87
    It means that the software version on your car is higher than what Progman has installed (you have 37.2 to be exact). Progman officially only goes as high as 32. You can try to apply later daten files to progman, but it is risky if you try to use it from programing.
    hallo thank you,
    i need it only to change the car / key setting..

i found in the internet ISIS V40 files, and i downloand E89 folder and added it to Progman installion file...i did not try it...but i hope that it works..

i will inform you if it work.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    Finally got it all uploaded.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/IzzqCIkM/BMW_Tools.html

My suggestion for easy downloading, create a free account on 4shared and add the files from my share to yours and then use 4shared desktop to download them quickly from your account. You won't have the waiting restrictions or be forced to download the files one by one if you are a free user.
    thankyou mate for taking the time to do this!

My Cars
    2006 BMW 523i E61
    Thanks for this. I got the ERD Commander and Interface Config folder downloaded and unpacked
    But have just downloaded the SSS VM - Base Install but when trying to open the ZIPX I get the error it's not a valid file. The first file (ZIPX) is smaller than the other files (38MB instead of 51)..... Could the first file be corrupt when uploaded?

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Leceur View Post
    Thanks for this. I got the ERD Commander and Interface Config folder downloaded and unpacked
    But have just downloaded the SSS VM - Base Install but when trying to open the ZIPX I get the error it's not a valid file. The first file (ZIPX) is smaller than the other files (38MB instead of 51)..... Could the first file be corrupt when uploaded?
    Normally, the first file should be the smallest of the multipart archive. I'll download it from my account and verify it opens on my machine. Make sure you are using WinZip (version 15 preferrably) to open the archive.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 523i E61
    Thanks, is working now with WinzIP 15

My Cars
    BMW 120iA E87
    hallo thank you,
    i need it only to change the car / key setting..

i found in the internet ISIS V40 files, and i downloand E89 folder and added it to Progman installion file...i did not try it...but i hope that it works..

i will inform you if it work.

after installing ISTA V40 i got the same old problem , I cant get any connetion with my BMW E87, i installed Changes xdrive V2.iso and unfortunattly still not working

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    after installing ISTA V40 i got the same old problem , I cant get any connetion with my BMW E87, i installed Changes xdrive V2.iso and unfortunattly still not working

Did you add the missing folders too?

data/konv.tmp
    work

My Cars
    2006 BMW 523i E61
    Dracon, downloaded everything (thanks again) but do you have an installation guide?

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    if using on an e36 do you still need an ads cable or does usb work?

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast