Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install and Use SSS\Progman with Carsoft int.

My Cars
    EX E46,NOW E60 3.0dA
    Hi to all,i am a new on this forum,and i have instaled dis,inpa and now i am tryng sss from 4shed.My car is an e60 from 2004,so i have been riding than is a trick on how to instal on ,if so which is it?
    I am downoading all the files from 4shred and do you have some tips for me.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001

File chances.iso

Hi, I have to do with changing the file Changes.iso but does not work, what should I do?
    I followed the instructions but do not work, why?
    Everything works except the coding for the voltage terminal- 30 12,40v
    I DISV57 Progman v32
    Thanks
    PS: Sorry for my bad english but I'm using Google translator.
    Last edited by michelevis; 01-15-2011 at 05:52 AM.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Hi Michelevis, try to use The changes file called "SSS Full Start.iso" as you have an e46. The voltage reports higher in that one allowing you to proceed further.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 01-15-2011 at 06:30 AM.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    the problem is that I can not do the installation.
    where can I find the file?
    Last edited by michelevis; 01-15-2011 at 07:33 AM.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Is it that you cannot locate the file in the 4Shared folder (or elsewhere in the Internet) or you do not know what the procedure is to make the changes?

I assume when you load Progman through VMWare your problem is that you cannot understand how to run the SSS Full Start.iso file. Is that your problem?

If it is then you have missed a step in the process at the start of this thread. In order to be able to run the "changes" (which really means adding the right interface fooling the system so you can use the cable you have bought with your car rather than having to buy an expensive Diaghead). The step involves being able to boot the SSS Progman into windows. In order to do this you need to make some temporary changes to the registry of your SSS Progman virtual machine, you can do this using the "regedit" command on your actual machine.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Is it that you cannot locate the file in the 4Shared folder (or elsewhere in the Internet) or you do not know what the procedure is to make the changes?

I assume when you load Progman through VMWare your problem is that you cannot understand how to run the SSS Full Start.iso file. Is that your problem?

If it is then you have missed a step in the process at the start of this thread. In order to be able to run the "changes" (which really means adding the right interface fooling the system so you can use the cable you have bought with your car rather than having to buy an expensive Diaghead). The step involves being able to boot the SSS Progman into windows. In order to do this you need to make some temporary changes to the registry of your SSS Progman virtual machine, you can do this using the "regedit" command on your actual machine.
    My problem is to start the Progman in Windows.
    I ran regedit, but the instructions in Windows/system32/config/software, but my problem, I have to rename the software in BASE31?
    Because if he does not do so.
    My SO Vista
    The DVDs I took them on ebay from bmwteq in england.
    Last edited by michelevis; 01-15-2011 at 08:57 AM.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    You have to load the BASE31 hive, make sure you map the drive through VMWare first, there is no other way to make the necessary changes. If you run SSS Full Start it cuts out a lot of the steps it has a built in macro that automatically completes a number of the steps in this guide. When you have run the changes unload the hive & disconnect the drive you mapped in VMWare machine.

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    You have to load the BASE31 hive, make sure you map the drive through VMWare first, there is no other way to make the necessary changes. If you run SSS Full Start it cuts out a lot of the steps it has a built in macro that automatically completes a number of the steps in this guide. When you have run the changes unload the hive & disconnect the drive you mapped in VMWare machine.
    BASE31 Then I download the file and run it on VM?
    I installed
    Last edited by michelevis; 01-15-2011 at 09:21 AM.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Yes by changing the value to explorer.exe in the registry you are changing the virtual machine to boot into windows. Before you boot up windows make sure to set the CD drive of the virtual machine to the SSS Full Start iso image. It will then be available to you to you in the virtual machine as a CD drive. You then just run & it will do everything including some of the steps to change the registry back so that the system will reboot into Progman the next time you load up the SSS Progman virtual machine.
    I hope that this is translating back and makes sense to you!

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    Yes by changing the value to explorer.exe in the registry you are changing the virtual machine to boot into windows. Before you boot up windows make sure to set the CD drive of the virtual machine to the SSS Full Start iso image. It will then be available to you to you in the virtual machine as a CD drive. You then just run & it will do everything including some of the steps to change the registry back so that the system will reboot into Progman the next time you load up the SSS Progman virtual machine.
    I hope that this is translating back and makes sense to you!
    Can I send you an email? I want to show what I have installed.

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    i want to show what I have installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Quote Originally Posted by michelevis View Post
    Can I send you an email? I want to show what I have installed.
    Send it to rebel.ranter@xxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 01-15-2011 at 11:33 AM.

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    This is what I installed.

where can I download it BASE31?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by michelevis; 01-15-2011 at 09:54 AM.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Have you mapped the drive & made the changes to the registry?

To map the drive choose "edit virtual settings", select the Hard Disc (IDE), then you will see a "Utilities" button , select "Map". From here select the 1st drive, choose a letter for the drive. The drive willthen open. This will allow you to use the regedit from your real machine to modfiy the registry of your virtual machine. Once you have changed the value to explorer.exe you next need to start your vitrual machine. It should load into windows if you have made the registry change correctly.

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    This is what I installed.

where can I download it BASE31?
    I found the image while loading the BASE31.

Have you mapped the drive & made the changes to the registry?

To map the drive choose "edit virtual settings", select the Hard Disc (IDE), then you will see a "Utilities" button , select "Map". From here select the 1st drive, choose a letter for the drive. The drive willthen open. This will allow you to use the regedit from your real machine to modfiy the registry of your virtual machine. Once you have changed the value to explorer.exe you next need to start your vitrual machine. It should load into windows if you have made the registry change correctly.
    Sorry I use teamwever you use it, so you can see for yourself.

Do you have an email.
    Last edited by michelevis; 01-15-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    I found the image while loading the BASE31.

Sorry I use teamwever you use it, so you can see for yourself.

Do you have an email.
    I normally use logmein.com but I will set up a teamviewer account now.

From what I could see there was already a changes file run on this machine. VMWare would not let me map the drive so that I could make the necessary changes to the registry that would allow the virtual machine to boot into Windows. When I went to map the drive it just never appeared in My Computer, I tired different letters, leaving it as read only, still no joy.
    The one thing I did not check was to see if your windows 7 machine was 32 bit or 64 bit. This might also be an issue.

However I suggest that you try connecting to the car with the exisitng changes file.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 01-15-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW E46 320D 2001
    I normally use logmein.com but I will set up a teamviewer account now.

From what I could see there was already a changes file run on this machine. VMWare would not let me map the drive so that I could make the necessary changes to the registry that would allow the virtual machine to boot into Windows. When I went to map the drive it just never appeared in My Computer, I tired different letters, leaving it as read only, still no joy.
    The one thing I did not check was to see if your windows 7 machine was 32 bit or 64 bit. This might also be an issue.

However I suggest that you try connecting to the car with the exisitng changes file.
    The OS that is installed on my PC and Windows Vista 32-bit no Windows Seven

My Cars
    BMW E36
    E60 > March 2007 = Changes by XDrive
    E60 < March 2007 = SSS Full Start
    Hi,
    I tested it.
    The car is an E60 from 2005. I have the "SSS Full Start.iso" installed. In the test remains the laptop in the vehicle order (FA) determination depend.
    Could it be on the laptop or on the installation.

Does anyone have an idea.

Regards
    Gerd

My Cars
    1995 BMW E36
    hi guys

I managed to install the program(sss ver 32) another vware sytem to the PC ( features ; intel pentium 4 CPU 3 Ghz ,1.50 GB RAM, P4M800-M7 motherboard, 80gb hdd)

After completing the installation of ver32 dvd1 and dvd2 restart computer
    only blue desktop but i can moves mause cursor,
    how can fix ? help me please
    regards.....

My Cars
    BMW 730D ,2004
    Hi ,
    Can someone please tell me what change iso I need for a E65 , OBDII RL chip interface.

I have 5 files to choose from , and I would like to do it right the first time
    Last edited by hanssae; 01-24-2011 at 02:02 PM.

My Cars
    E91
    One Step in Randomys writedown is to press the eject Button from the Physical CD Drive while Installation.Then Installation goes further.

I have a netbook without real CD Rom,how can i emulate the eject Button.

Real USB CD Drive i think will not solve the Problem,because one of the first Steps is to delete USB in virtual machine.

My Cars
    E46 M/332i x 2; F87 M2C
    Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    One Step in Randomys writedown is to press the eject Button from the Physical CD Drive while Installation.Then Installation goes further.

I have a netbook without real CD Rom,how can i emulate the eject Button.

Real USB CD Drive i think will not solve the Problem,because one of the first Steps is to delete USB in virtual machine.
    If you've loaded an image with daemon tools on Windows, click the icon in the task tray and "eject tray."

If you've loaded an iso in vmware, click the drive icon in the bar at the bottom of the vmware window and disconnect.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

My Cars
    BMW 730D ,2004
    If anyone would like a 28 page PDF of Programming and Coding using Progman ,
    you can download it here.
    http://pdfcast.org/pdf/progman-pdf

Edit:
    And Progman Training here.
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/att...ning-final.pdf
    Last edited by hanssae; 01-25-2011 at 07:18 AM.

My Cars
    E91
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
    If you've loaded an image with daemon tools on Windows, click the icon in the task tray and "eject tray."

If you've loaded an iso in vmware, click the drive icon in the bar at the bottom of the vmware window and disconnect.
    Just as simple as you say, thank you.

I am using Wmware Workstation 7.1 but its not possible to install any Drivers for Network ,etc.
    I got the Drivers fresh from Asus but XP in VMware do not accept them.
    Do i have to use Vmware tools or should that work without that.Maybe i try the old Vmware and it will work.Does anyone use the new Vmware without driver problems?

My Cars
    BMW 730D ,2004
    You must use vm tools ,
    run it inside the vm machine .
    Run > G:\setup.exe (where G is the vm disk)

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast