Thread: E31 Common Problems and DIY Fixes Forum purpose.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36

Exclamation

This forum will be used to make threads that address common E31 problems, and any DIY fixes for those problems.

The threads should contain a brief summary of the problem, and any instructions, special tools, pictures, vids, and labor required.

Basically, this will just be a repository for information, and always easily available for reference.

Please reference the E38 board to see Format and Content, SUGGESTED TITLES, and Use of Icons.

Titles should be prefaced with HowTo, INFO, or FAQ. (also note the icons)

Indentifed by Engine, Suspension, Body, Electrical, Interior, Brakes, etc

Pics/vids must be hosted by you.

Cannot link to other forums or any sites that could benefit from the "free" advertising that a thread could promote. (ie BimmerBoard, or a parts supplier)

If you have a suitable DIY thread, please contact a MOD to have it posted here.

Thks all.

EDIT:

After implementing the DIY forum and leaving it open to new thread creation, newbs and "lost" members kept posting here...which turned out to take too much maintenance (Think I have several forums).

So...now...we make DIY threads in the main forum and I give them a few days to mature/edit then I will copy the first post to the DIY.

Moral of the story: If your making a DIY thread...put DIY in the title so I can see and watch/manipulate it.

As always, if youve made an OLDER thread prior to this DIY forum creation and you want it included, PM me with the thread link. Ill cut/paste away...

Im all about knowledge sharing...and learning form others mistakes.

PS, if I forget to copy a DIY thread...please remind me.
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 05-11-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.