Thread: Vehicle Order Number XML File

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Vehicle Order Number XML File

Does anyone out there have the ability to generate one of these? It's an electronic XML file that you load into the car when you're using a GT1 that specifies all the options on your car and it's almost impossible to make some changes without having it. Specifically, when you're installing new electronics modules or want to change the coding on an existing module.

It has the VIN number, model type, build number, paint and upholstery codes, and any vehicle options installed at the factory.

Dealerships should have the ability to do this, but it doesn't seem like they enjoy doing it.

I've tried talking to my dealership and they don't get back to me. BMW NA says to contact the dealership so I'm sort of stuck. Independent shops near me don't have a clue what these things are, so that's not going to work either.

If anyone out there has the ability to do this, or knows who I could contact to get one of these for my car, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

ScottyD

My Cars
    Try BMW DECODER, i,m sure this is what your looking for.

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by maaxxyy View Post
    Try BMW DECODER, i,m sure this is what your looking for.
    Hey, thanks for the tip, and I tried that out, but that's unfortunately not what I was looking for.

I'm trying to get the actual XML file that you load into the car when you have a GT1.

Thanks again.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    Maybe you need a CIP iso or disc?
    I'm not seeing anything about XML files in the GT1 manual

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Is this a NCS code file type?
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    Find a smarter dealership...
    No PMs. Email through forum please.

My Cars
    E36 325I, E85 Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by randomy View Post
    Maybe you need a CIP iso or disc?
    I'm not seeing anything about XML files in the GT1 manual
    When you use the GT1 and Progman, it's the file that is used to update the Vehicle Order Number under the "Vehicle" process. The original file is on file at BMW for every BMW. Usually the dealer has to request a copy and the xml file is emailed to the dealer and with the old systems put on a floppy and loaded that way. There are a few people who can generate the file, but they a usually unwilling to do so. For some BMWs (but not the Z4) the Vehicle Order Number can be modified using a backdoor process by selecting, if my memory is correct, the E32 vehicle type..

For those who are like to experiment with a car that is out of warranty (like me).. you can really do some neat things... or you might turn you car into a brick... For myself, I've done such things as successfully added the Sport Button option and the rear fog light on my 2003 Z4. On a Z4, neither of these options can be correctly done without updating the VON.

I hope there is a good hearted member out there who has the ability to help you get a copy of your xml file... Chuck I

My Cars
    e60
    how i can chnge the or update the vehile order by opps

My Cars
    2002 compact
    do a PM to me , with your chassis number, and options you want
    and i see what i can do...

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    this is interesting
    suppouse i have this XML file , I think google can help here
    where i can load it into GT1 ?

My Cars
    E36 325I, E85 Z4

If you have the file...

Quote Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
    this is interesting
    suppouse i have this XML file , I think google can help here
    where i can load it into GT1 ?
    If you have the file, you can load it with your GT1 and Progman. There is an option to adapt the VO in the Vehicle drop-down. It's usually loaded from a floppy if you are using the Yellow Head adapter. The xml file is usually supplied by PuMA. Unless you work for BMW, it pretty hard to get. In my area, no BMW Dealer assist. They all say the Area Rep says they cannot give out that information. There are several folks who can build it for you but it take a little effort to do and some folks don't have the time. If you have NCS Expert, you can bypass the use of the GT1 and make modifications to the FA which is the Vehicle Order Number. It's pretty straight forward. Chuck I