Thread: Used OEM or aftermarket suspension?

My Cars
    '01 330i

Used OEM or aftermarket suspension?

Im thinking about lowering my car but i dont want to slam it as it would not appreciate it due to the roads i have in my area. So the debate is should i just go with either a switch out of my stock suspension setup for a sport or zhp package from a member or buy a whole new setup off of one of our vendors? Thanks for the help

My Cars
    2004 325ci
    vendors

My Cars
    E46 330i ZSP
    You should definitely go with aftermarket offerings such as H&R's cup kit or coilovers...

not worth it to do all that labor just to end up with OEM sport or ZHP suspension..

email : bryan@jlevisw.com | tel : 1.888.553.8479 x85 | aim : bryanatjsw

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

My Cars
    '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
    You should definitely go with aftermarket offerings such as H&R's cup kit or coilovers...

not worth it to do all that labor just to end up with OEM sport or ZHP suspension..
    Good point. Guess ill start saving lol

nathancarter is offline Stretch Haters Club #1 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 330i 131k

.. and a used one, at that. Might be hard to find a used OEM suspension for a decent price.

Tischer has a ZHP suspension kit for a decent price.. springs, shocks, and sway bars. Also, many vendors have good deals on cup kits (AKA matched springs & shocks, no idea why they're called cup kits, that etymology is completely weird to me).

My Cars
    '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post
    .. and a used one, at that. Might be hard to find a used OEM suspension for a decent price.

Tischer has a ZHP suspension kit for a decent price.. springs, shocks, and sway bars. Also, many vendors have good deals on cup kits (AKA matched springs & shocks, no idea why they're called cup kits, that etymology is completely weird to me).
    Yeah the cup kit thing never made much sense to me either..

My Cars
    2001 330ci
    I'm going to be replacing my stock sport suspension in the next two months (once the winter is over). I'd sell it to you for a nominal fee. The car has 74K on it but I know the previous owner changed the shocks at least once so they can't have that many on it.

That said, there's a reason I'm getting an aftermarket set up.

My Cars
    '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by simonhla View Post
    I'm going to be replacing my stock sport suspension in the next two months (once the winter is over). I'd sell it to you for a nominal fee. The car has 74K on it but I know the previous owner changed the shocks at least once so they can't have that many on it.

That said, there's a reason I'm getting an aftermarket set up.
    Okay thank you. It will be a while before i can afford any kind of suspension change but if i do decide to go with sport suspension ill keep you in mind.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330CI 5 SPD
    what would you guys reccomend for an aftermarket kit?

id like about a inch drop and something with not too much stiffer ride than stock as our roads are rough up here.

My Cars
    1999 323i, 1984 325e

....Not laughin.....but what he said!

My Cars
    Golf R & S10 ZR2
    A used suspension is just that. . . used. Springs, shocks and struts aren't designed to last forever. It is going to cost you money, effort or both to swap the suspension so go with new parts.