omggg i want

My Cars
    '95 M3
    Very niceee.

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Congrats on the swap.
    Running in to any issues?

I'm encountering the ECU's fuel cut at 14psi. Gotta get a fuel cut defender.

My Cars
    95 1jz m3
    Tell the nice people what you did lol

My Cars
    07' 335i sedan
    killin BA sounds 10x better in person

My Cars
    95 Hellrot /Mbizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    Congrats on the swap.
    Running in to any issues?

I'm encountering the ECU's fuel cut at 14psi. Gotta get a fuel cut defender.
    Thanks--I like what youve done with your whip as well
    Well my diff took a poop. Other then that no issues.. except I need to install the fcd as well. It doesnt do it all the time but erryonce in a while. Small coolant leak but I just keep putting fluids in, scotts gonna find it once I get the new d shaft in. Other then that were good.

Quote Originally Posted by dcskate102 View Post
    Tell the nice people what you did lol
    Thanks for the help clay.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SickM View Post
    killin BA sounds 10x better in person
    Thanks dude
    “This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.”

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    I did the same to my driveshaft. chromoly DOM tubing, tore the motherfucker in half. Came through the floor and all.
    Last edited by SpasticDwarf; 04-20-2010 at 05:54 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    I did the same to my driveshaft. chromoly DOM tubing, tore the motherfucker in half. Came through the floor and all.

sounds like you guys should be using a drive shalf safety loop... you dont want that thing swinging around and comming into the car.. seen that happen in an LS1 camaro.. guy almost lost a leg.

safe, cheap insurance
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 Shifty View Post
    sounds like you guys should be using a drive shalf safety loop... you dont want that thing swinging around and comming into the car.. seen that happen in an LS1 camaro.. guy almost lost a leg.

safe, cheap insurance
    Yeah it was a close call. Had a passenger in the pass. seat at the time, came through and hit the seat... bent it and the seat rails.

My Cars
    95 Hellrot /Mbizzle
    My gf asked if she was in any danger when it happened. I was like pphhtt yeah right.
    I got it on video muahhaa.. pretty rediculous sound.
    Now I gotta find a driveshaft off a 328 and give it to the guys who are fabbin up my new one so they can make a molding of it
    “This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.”

My Cars
    97 328ci, 03 350z,
    I will give you mine to use if they make me one two. I am going to do the swap. Let me know I will take it off this week.

My Cars
    N/A
    Nice looking swap. What radiator is that and what all did you have to do to make it fit? I'm looking for a better solution to the oem radiator on my 2jz swap. Thanks.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i
    pretty clean swap man.
    what are you guys doin for the wiring?
    you guys end up keepin the stock gauges and stuff?

My Cars
    89 e30 2jz swapped
    Hey guys, I'm actually one of the guys who did the swap for him. I'm the fab man, some of you may know me as the guy with the red 2jz swapped e30. This is my first time reading through this thread and I see there is a lot of intrest in how we worked out the issues. Due to the fact that Kiely and I both put in hours and hours of online reasearch and trial and error with a lot of things we used to make this fit as good as it did we have respectfully asked fiddy not to disclose too much info about the finer details of the swap. Now with that said I would be more than happy to help some of you guys out with the fitment details and parts that we used on a one on one basis depending on the situation. We just didn't want our hard work to be put on a thread that just anyone can look at. I'm sure some of you will disagree with this but for those of you who have built cars on your own than you know where we are coming from. Feel free to pm me any questions about the build and let me know your situation. If you need help with a issue here and there we will be glad to help but if you ask step by step how to build the car you should be paying us.

My Cars
    1998 540i
    If you want to keep it a secret the way to do that is to actually keep it a secret, not post about how much of a secret it is
    Rob
    Prior projects:
    1998 540i with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy Power
    - pictures and details
    1992 325i with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy power - pictures and details
    1995 M3 with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy power - pictures and details

My Cars
    a few too many

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i
    well i sorta agree. i suppose it makes for a more unique swap. :P
    i've just been trying to do some research to see what i'm going to get myself into before i step forth in attempting it.
    obviously its nothing like doing the swap into a supra lol (which i've already completed).
    how long did it take you guys to get all the logistics figured out anyhow?

My Cars
    89 e30 2jz swapped
    Quote Originally Posted by rao View Post
    If you want to keep it a secret the way to do that is to actually keep it a secret, not post about how much of a secret it is
    Theres allways a smart ass. If you read what I wrote it doesn't say I'm keeping it a secret. I just don't feel like we should post a full build thread and let other people build there car using everything we figured out. I said I don't mind Helping out those of you who have put in your own time and ideas if you are truley stuck on something. I'm not stingy but we worked hard to figure out how to make this swap look and run the way it does... Found out how to make a mechanical fan fit... Figured out what radiator fits perfect... We put probably 20 hours alone just researching things On the Internet and test fitting parts, junk yard run after junk yard run. Not to mention probably another 60+ hours on the build easily. we didn't really keep track

It gets easier each time. We put the 2j in my e30, a 1j in the e36, just completed a 1j in a mk3 supra, and will be starting a 1j swap into a 240 this weekend.
    Last edited by scottj4589; 05-10-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E36-E39
    awesome.
    am not sure if you posted this, but what engine mounts are used?
    aswell for the transmission??

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i
    well i only have one question about the swap.
    i'm just curious, were you guys able to retain a factory feel with the motor?
    i.e. having the stock gauges, a/c, etc?

My Cars
    N/A
    so what radiator did you end up using?

My Cars
    1998 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by scottj4589 View Post
    Theres allways a smart ass. If you read what I wrote it doesn't say I'm keeping it a secret. I just don't feel like we should post a full build thread and let other people build there car using everything we figured out. I said I don't mind Helping out those of you who have put in your own time and ideas if you are truley stuck on something. I'm not stingy but we worked hard to figure out how to make this swap look and run the way it does... Found out how to make a mechanical fan fit... Figured out what radiator fits perfect... We put probably 20 hours alone just researching things On the Internet and test fitting parts, junk yard run after junk yard run. Not to mention probably another 60+ hours on the build easily. we didn't really keep track

It gets easier each time. We put the 2j in my e30, a 1j in the e36, just completed a 1j in a mk3 supra, and will be starting a 1j swap into a 240 this weekend.
    So why post at all? You now how to do it, which is really neat. You are a shop and can do the job, which is great, maybe you should run an ad.
    Rob
    Prior projects:
    1998 540i with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy Power
    - pictures and details
    1992 325i with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy power - pictures and details
    1995 M3 with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy power - pictures and details

My Cars
    89 e30 2jz swapped
    Quote Originally Posted by rao View Post
    So why post at all? You now how to do it, which is really neat. You are a shop and can do the job, which is great, maybe you should run an ad.
    I'm not a shop, I do this out of my little one car garage at my town house in bel air. I'm not getting rich off these swaps! It's really just a hobbie that I get slightly paid for.

And for those with the questions, pm me and I'll be glad to help where I can.

My Cars
    97, Artic siver M3
    wiinnnn . sounds great and looks it to

My Cars
    1998 328i
    What kind of hp/tq are you putting down with that swap? What kind of potential does it have for power and reliability?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast