Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windscreens - oem e36 vs. oem audi cab side by side compare and review

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Tray, you are missing # distance rubber left and right

The horizontal part on yours is slightly sloping downwards. The #7 part prevents this and makes it support on the side trim.

You can see them in Amp's pics.
    I have had two wind deflectors and they were both identical. I believe you are referencing the part at the back of the wind deflector that goes UNDER the tonneau cover lid. We had already discussed in Amp's pictures that he had his wind deflector incorrectly installed and had those rubber "L-brackets" on top of the lid when they are designed to go UNDER the lid and therefore get locked down when the top is opened or closed.

My wind deflector is NOT resting on the leather of the rear seats, just snugly sealing up the gaps between the deflector and the leather like a properly engineered piece would do.

If you have info to the contrary, I'd like to hear it, but I'm fairly certain that my wind deflector is installed perfectly. (thank goodness I don't have the Audi one, or my rear section would be sloping down and looking bad IMO)

I would be happy to take a picture of the back of my wind deflector so you can see a close up of the rear attachment points...
    Last edited by trayson; 07-19-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    one
    I ordered mine from BMW and when I opened the package, they (number 7) had already fallen off. It took some clear adhesive in a couple of strategic places to solve the issue.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by dvhM3 View Post
    I ordered mine from BMW and when I opened the package, they (number 7) had already fallen off. It took some clear adhesive in a couple of strategic places to solve the issue.
    Can you take a pic of what you're talking about??? I'd be interested to see if I am in fact missing something.
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I have had two wind deflectors and they were both identical. I believe you are referencing the part at the back of the wind deflector that goes UNDER the tonneau cover lid. ....
    Ha that's it. I never realized they go under the cover. Now I understand as that way you can't just steal it.

And then all of a sudden, I realize I have the original installation manual of the windscreen, that came with all the other BMW papers when I bought the car.

Check: yes, they go under the cover.

From your pic it looked (looks?) like because of that (correct) way, it slightly slopes downwards, or the sidetrim slopes upwards.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    one
    I should clarify what I said. I am sure you have the tabs that fit under the cover. What I was referring to is there is a rubber piece that fits over each of the tabs that protects the car from the metal part of the tab. The design of it allows it to come off the tab rather easily and that is why I added a couple of spots of adhesive.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328i cabrio

which audi

Hello guys,

the question was already asked but Idont see answer. Can you please tell us which audi Wind Deflector fits E36 (for which model/year). So we can get it;-) (I personally like the half folding - fitting my current raceland into trank is not very comfortable;-(

thank you

Petr

My Cars
    '96 328i Manual M-Sport
    Any Audi A4 one, I know for a fact between 2001 and 2008, but maybe even later ones as well..

My Cars
    '98 M3 Vert,'02 S4/+
    Someone asked earlier about the Raceland wind screen. I bought one and returned it as it seemed poor quality and was a pain in the ass to use. I got the Audi one afterward and it is 100 times better!

My Cars
    1993 BMW 318i e36
    Bumping up this old thread.

Does anyone know the width of the windscreens at the points they connect? I am looking to purchase one, I was curious if it is possible to fit some other BMW one!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Convertible
    DIY Windscreen Repair

I know I saw it but can not find it again. Pls redirect me or re-post. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12