Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ***New*** One Piece Silicone M50 Manifold Adaptor Hose

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36

***New*** One Piece Silicone M50 Manifold Adaptor Hose

Due to popular demand I will be redesigning my kit to include a one peace hose preformed to the proper shape needed to adapt the emissions equipment to the earlier style manifold.

It's important to remember that although this was not even close to my idea I have very effectively perfected the M50 manifold installation kit to be the most complete kit, the most user friendly kit, the most versatile kit, and the most cost effective kit on the market.

Some differences between my kit and others on the market:

• My kit provides proper custom made brackets so the crank vent, ICV, dipstick, and manifold support brackets bolt right back up where they are supposed to. Other kits leave parts dangling by hoses or use zip-ties to secure things. Other kits require you to bend your manifold support brackets or buy the older style M50 brackets so they can bolt back up to the manifold and support it properly.

• I have designed and had manufactured a proper size Throttle Body Seal that is specific to the M52 TB bolted to the M50 manifold. No more cutting seals in half or using a plate between 2 seals. When using 2 whole seals it is really too much seal material and can cause the seals to fold unnaturally, collapse, and leak over time. And cutting a seal perfectly in half is almost impossible.

• My kit is completely leak free under vacuum or boosted FI applications. Kits that retain the OE sealing grommets for the ICV and crank vent will leak under boost for sure. The grommet design seals were only designed to seal under vacuum. When you apply pressure inside the manifold instead of vacuum the crank vent and ICV will decouple (move away) from the seal causing a leak and thus losing much needed precious boost.

• I have done the install myself more than 20 times on several different makes and models. I know all the ins and outs of the install as well as trouble shooting. I provide that knowledge base to you via my cell phone number that will reach me anywhere I happen to be in the world. And I will always answer. People here will attest to getting customer support every day of the week at all hours.

• The instruction manual is a work in progress. It currently is more than 30 pages long with over 20 photos of all aspects of the install. If you come up with a problem on the install and think it deserves to go into the instructions, it will. You can help!!

• I have sold hundreds of them and have yet to have 1 returned due to quality, construction, or failure.

• To my knowledge I am the only vendor selling modified fuel rail covers, refurbished used or new covers, that fit properly when mounted to the M52 fuel rail.

• To my knowledge my cleaned, refurbished, and modified used manifolds are the lowest price of any other vendor. And I am going to lower the price even more.

I think most importantly everyone should know and remember that I am an enthusiast. I am here to help you get more power out of your car...I'm not just selling junk and collecting your money.

I will have pics of the new adapter hose in a couple weeks and I will be shipping them out in about a month. Who wants one? Anyone who preorders a kit with the new hose I will give a huge BF.c discount to.

LETS SAY...FIRST 10 2nd GENERATION KITS PREORDERED GO FOR $155 shipped (lower 48)

Thanks for your support.

-Eric

P.S. - please don't post in my thread that you think other kits are better than mine...have more parts than mine...are more complete than mine...are less expensive than mine...all that has been beaten to death and there are 100s of threads out there to read about and post in if you so choose. Every person is entitled to their opinion, true, but this is not the place for it.

-EDIT PICS added. These are the prototypes as of March 18th, 2010:

Last edited by E36M3E; 03-19-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    Eric Paul Eviston - 1 Piece Silicone Hose M50 Manifold Conversion Kit

******M50 Manifold Install Trouble Shooting Guide Here: www.m50manifold.com

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    Widebody 95 & 97 M3s
    I have this kit, Eric was a great guy to deal with and everything bolted up perfectly on my car.

My Cars
    99 Jeep Cherokee
    +1 Im a fan of the kit as well. I think I messed up the dipstick adapter though when I installed the kit (gonna have to go through that again when I take my car outta storage). Id like to see pics of the new product, if it looks good I may consider buying the new kit and selling off the old kit- I like having a clean look to it.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by frost12850 View Post
    +1 Im a fan of the kit as well. I think I messed up the dipstick adapter though when I installed the kit (gonna have to go through that again when I take my car outta storage). Id like to see pics of the new product, if it looks good I may consider buying the new kit and selling off the old kit- I like having a clean look to it.

Oh I forgot to mention...I will be offering an upgrade program for people that have already purchased my kit. I will sell the new hose to any previous customer for something near cost + shipping. I'll have the details on that when I get the final piece and pricing.

And if you're having a problem with your dipstick bolting back up that sounds kinda weird. It should bolt right back to where it was originally. Call me if you need. My number is on the last page of the instruction manual.

-E

BTW - the preordered $155 kit shipped is a std #2 kit but with the new one piece hose. Everything needed to make the conversion is included (Except the manifold and fuel rail cover of course).

Item description here - http://m50manifold.com//index.php?op...d=26&Itemid=40

-E
    Last edited by E36M3E; 02-04-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    99 Jeep Cherokee
    It was just human error on my part. I straight up never attached the dipstick back. I didnt finish till about 11:30-12ish at night. I remember taking note that I never attached the pieces needed to re-attach the dipstick and was too eager to test it out. I thought nothing of it untill I read that having the dipstick loose like that can cause a small oil leak due to the o-ring being stressed. Once I get my car back Ill go through the instructions again and make sure I get it right.

My Cars
    98 M3
    any pics?

My Cars
    BMW 1998 M3/4
    just paid. cant wait for the new kit. Thanks Eric
    1997 M3/4
    SuperSprint | Dinan | Ground Control | ZKW | UUC | BBS

My Cars
    98 M3
    Just paid. Looking forward to shipment.

Thanks again.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum55 View Post
    any pics?
    pics in a week or 2 when I get the prototype for final fitment test.

it's not going to be mind blowing, guys. it's going to look like a shiny new silicone hose roughly the same shape and form factor (but all one piece!!)as the hose I currently use pictured here:

http://m50manifold.com//index.php?op...d=26&Itemid=40

but since I have to design and make a new hose I will be making some changes to the install as well.

guys my pm box is blowing up bigtime. emails are much easier for my crackberry to handle. please use sales@m50manifold.com

Thanks for all the support!!!

-E
    Last edited by E36M3E; 02-04-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    99 E36 M3
    order placed, thanks!
    Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're right!

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    that's 4. only 6 left.

who hasn't posted that they've paid?

-E

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 vert, 1992 GMC Yukon 2dr
    I am very interested and I have sent you an email

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Is this kit actually going to be superior to your previous kit?

All I need to have is an M50 manifold with new gaskets? On your site you sell an M50 manifold that's refurbished and modified... will I have to 'modify' my M50 manifold?
    Last edited by propcar; 02-04-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    SpecE46, 99LS/M3, 07GMC
    REally want, Please reserve a place for me. How do I order? I read the thread but maybe since im at work ive been reading through too quickly. Will pay as soon as I am shown how to order this new kit.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by JCs1998M3Vert View Post
    I am very interested and I have sent you an email
    gettin back to you via email now.

-E

Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Is this kit actually going to be superior to your previous kit?

All I need to have is an M50 manifold with new gaskets? On your site you sell an M50 manifold that's refurbished and modified... will I have to 'modify' my M50 manifold?
    It is superior only in the way that it is a one piece hose preformed with 3 ports to attach the crank vent, ICV, and connector that plugs into the back of the manifold. It may come in a few different colors as well.

The other kit IMO was not inferior in any way that I can think of except maybe appearance. And 90% of the adapter is hidden beneath the manifold so I'm not sure why that bugged so many people.

I took my manifold off a week ago to design the new hose. My hose that had been installed years ago was still so tightly attached at every point that I almost had to cut it apart. It was for sure not leaking after all this time. And my adapter only had 5 hose clamps in critical places...not 13. The new hose will only need 3 clamps.

All you would need is a manifold. Every seal and every part comes with the kit. I can sell you a manifold and fuel rail cover too.

-E

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3HOR View Post
    REally want, Please reserve a place for me. How do I order? I read the thread but maybe since im at work ive been reading through too quickly. Will pay as soon as I am shown how to order this new kit.
    send $155 to sales@m50manifold.com and I'll put you on the list.

only 5 left.

-E
    Last edited by E36M3E; 02-04-2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    SpecE46, 99LS/M3, 07GMC
    Paid

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3HOR View Post
    Paid
    got it.

only 3 left.

-E

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    '97 M3 & '73 240Z LS3
    Have spoken with Eric at length, as well as purchased the Strut Housing Deal. I have 120% confidence in ANY package that he offers. Count me in on this too ! Thanks for everything ! Can't wait til March; but, I know that it will be worth the wait.

For some of the fellow members who either throw money at every deal ['fad'] that comes along OR are all-too-eager to poke holes in someone else's efforts .... It takes A LOT to impress me. I am old enough to have heard every Snake Oil salesman's pitch out there [45]. I am a Cynical Shopper who usually EXPECTS to be disappointed because so few companies give a shit about Customer Service [Retention]. That being said, I genuinely feel completely at ease sending Eric my hard-earned money.

FWIW, YMMV, My .02, and all that ....

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    This is Good news! I'm glad you're making this better for all of us! I was very impressed with your directions. They were very easy to follow and so many details, even down to modify'ing the OBDII Air Intake sensor to fit. I'm boosted and only used part of his hoses but I would definately recommend this to anyone who's potentially on the fence about his kit.

The only thing I came across is that the manifold was NOT cleaned/washed. Very simple issue to fix though...
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

My Cars
    bmw e36 M3
    paid

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Josh got the last one at this price guys. all 10 are spoken for.

The standard price is yet to be determined but right now I'm guessing will be in the 190-195 shipped range...so still less expensive than before. The manifolds will be a little less too.

Hopefully this will keep me competitive price wise with other kits currently on the market. Still not the least expensive kit but within 10-15 dollars with shipping included. Sorry I can't give it away, guys.

-E

Quote Originally Posted by 240Z2NV View Post
    Have spoken with Eric at length, as well as purchased the Strut Housing Deal. I have 120% confidence in ANY package that he offers. Count me in on this too ! Thanks for everything ! Can't wait til March; but, I know that it will be worth the wait.

For some of the fellow members who either throw money at every deal ['fad'] that comes along OR are all-too-eager to poke holes in someone else's efforts .... It takes A LOT to impress me. I am old enough to have heard every Snake Oil salesman's pitch out there [45]. I am a Cynical Shopper who usually EXPECTS to be disappointed because so few companies give a shit about Customer Service [Retention]. That being said, I genuinely feel completely at ease sending Eric my hard-earned money.

FWIW, YMMV, My .02, and all that ....
    Thanks Stan. Nice chatting with you. Take your time on the struts. I don't need them back just yet...or even soon, really. Oh and btw you wouldn't need the M50 kit if you woulda dropped the LS1 into the M3 instead of the 240!! lol. That's my next mod. Maybe I should make a kit...hehe.

-E

Quote Originally Posted by stanksbeamen View Post
    This is Good news! I'm glad you're making this better for all of us! I was very impressed with your directions. They were very easy to follow and so many details, even down to modify'ing the OBDII Air Intake sensor to fit. I'm boosted and only used part of his hoses but I would definately recommend this to anyone who's potentially on the fence about his kit.

The only thing I came across is that the manifold was NOT cleaned/washed. Very simple issue to fix though...
    did you get a manifold from me that was not cleaned? man, that's hard to believe because I spend a lot of time cleaning them up and reconditioning them. I don't bother removing the carbon build up inside because it's nearly impossible to get out and if you can't take the time to get it ALL out it's better to leave it in.

most of the manifolds I send out will look better than the manifold you take off... unless you have a real garage queen of course.

-E
    Last edited by E36M3E; 02-05-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by E36M3E View Post

did you get a manifold from me that was not cleaned? man, that's hard to believe because I spend a lot of time cleaning them up and reconditioning them. I don't bother removing the carbon build up inside because it's nearly impossible to get out and if you can't take the time to get it ALL out it's better to leave it in.

most of the manifolds I send out will look better than the manifold you take off... unless you have a real garage queen of course.

-E
    Yup, I got it from you, the whole package. It was cleaner than the mani I pulled out but it was still dirty and had some sort of carbon/grease on the outside/bottom side of the manifold. I picked it up bare handed and had nice black hands. Like I said, if that's the only problem then I'm not worried about it. Good luck with your sales.
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by stanksbeamen View Post
    Yup, I got it from you, the whole package. It was cleaner than the mani I pulled out but it was still dirty and had some sort of carbon/grease on the outside/bottom side of the manifold. I picked it up bare handed and had nice black hands. Like I said, if that's the only problem then I'm not worried about it. Good luck with your sales.
    yeah ya know sometimes the underside is pretty dirty/greasy but unless it's really bad I usually don't spend much time cleaning the underside. I run a hot water/degreaser solution and a long bottle brush through the runners and the plenum. Dry everything out and blow out with compressed air. Then the top and front of the manifold is cleaned and reconditioned with a plastic re-vitalizer sorta product.

-E

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    1996 332i
    Eric, sent you an e-mail with questions about your manifold mods (couldnt find the answer anywhere on BF.c). Waiting on on the new design to place an order!
    Slow down, turn, speed up - seems simple, doesn't it? It isn't. - Dennis Grant

1996 332i Arctic Silver
    Motor: Euro filter housing, custom oil cooler, aFe CAI, ASC+T delete, Riot Racing BBTB, M50 Manifold, RE trans mounts, TMS solid diff mounts, UUC lightweight flywheel, E34 M5 clutch, Euro headers
    Suspension: Bilstein sport kit, 3.23 LSD, UUC swaybars, Treehouse Racing solid FCA bushings, VAC adjustable LRCs
    Semi-useless bling: UUC Evo3 w/ DSSR, ZHP knob, ProSport gauges, Business CD

Current wheel/tire: Kosei K1 16x7, Continental DWS 225/50

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
    Eric, sent you an e-mail with questions about your manifold mods (couldnt find the answer anywhere on BF.c). Waiting on on the new design to place an order!
    email questions responded.

btw are we gonna make a list of people wanting to order the kit when it's ready? I have the first 10 taken care of. But there seems to be a pretty substantial line forming behind them. I have to order the hoses in quantities of 25 of whatever color we want...red, blue, or black...I can order multiple colors at one time but 25 at a time. I'm also getting a quote with M striping wrap but I think that's gonna be way more than anyone wants to pay. so make a list or just tell me what color you want.

-E
    Last edited by E36M3E; 02-07-2010 at 06:43 PM.

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast