Thread: HELP PLEASE! just changed alternator in 2003 325ci now has weird noise from engine?

My Cars
    328i

HELP PLEASE! just changed alternator in 2003 325ci now has weird noise from engine?

2003 325ci
    I JUST UPLOADED VIDEO TO SHOW NOISE PLEASE CHECK IT OUT
    View My Video

put in a alternator today and as soon as i started it up there is now a weird noise from the drivers side top of the engine that comes and goes

i replaced everything the same as i took off

i did remove the coolant hose from the top of the engine so i could have more room..there was about 2 cups that spilled out of there and some went on belts etc...

could it have something to do with the intake ? since i dissasembled all the air box etc to get to alternator?

could the noise be air in the engine? its not like a rod knocking noise its almost like a chirp then gets louder... give it gas and it went away but at idle it was there..i only did this for a few seconds then turned the car off..tried about 3 diff times all same results...anybody have a idea?

thanks in advance

i included a video on top if that helps
    Last edited by jayh; 02-02-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2004 -Z4-2.5i,96-Z3-1.9L
    Wipe the belts and pulleys clean ,your problem should disappear.

My Cars
    328i
    Does the noise in the video sound like a belt issue? Thanks

My Cars
    E46 M3
    You forgot to pull out that raccoon's nest while you were in there, they're just pissed you found them, and maybe they're cold.

Seriously, clean the belts and pullies, grab some simple green or windex and clean till they shine.

If the noise persists, could also be bad bearings in your idler pulley; when you get the belt off, check each pulley for axial and radial play, up down left and right.

My Cars
    328i
    thanks man it had to of been the belt its good to go now!!! thanks for all your help