Thread: Diff cover with TMS solid mounts

My Cars
    IP S52 E30

Diff cover with TMS solid mounts

SOLD, thanks Bimmerforums

I tried to clean it up, but someone else will no doubt be able to do a better job than I. This cover comes with like-new Turner Motorsport rear aluminum differential mounts found in this kit:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html..._ID=TDR3680001

E36 Delrin/Aluminum Differential Mounts (3-piece set)

Part #: TDR3680001

Applications: 1992 - 1999 (E36)

Price: $139.95

TMS E36 solid differential bushings are designed around SCCA SPEED World Challenge regulations and have years of street and track testing to prove their performance. Replacing your diff's rubber mounts with this kit will result in a snappier feel when cornering and better suspension performance. This kit will also prevent the front differential mount from loosening up or shearing -- a very common problem with the E36. The rear two differential cover bushings are slotted to allow for compliance between manufacturing standards as BMW specifies. These bushings are CNC machined from high-grade billet aluminum and Delrin. The kit includes 3 pieces: a Delrin front mount and 2 aluminum rear mounts.
    Sadly I do not have the front Delrin mount as it must have gotten lost in shuffle of tearing down my M3. These bushings are very new, with less than a few thousand miles of street driving on them.
    Last edited by CMT; 02-15-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Chris

My Cars
    1998 328i
    solid mounts for street use?

My Cars
    IP S52 E30
    Quote Originally Posted by 96bmftw View Post
    solid mounts for street use?
    Yes, but the new owner can put them to task however they see fit. I bought them after the brand new differential that I had made was ruined when the bolt backed out and wrecked the case. It had less than 100 miles on it and suddenly I was back at Turner requiring an expensive helical weld on a brand new differential - They recommended these mounts, and it was a sound recommendation as the bolt never backed out again.

I was told to expect increased driveline noise inside the cabin and it never materialized, or if it did there was more than enough insulation with a full interior to never be noticed.
    Chris