Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Is this picture the correct Pin Out Code of the E46 BMW Business CD53 Radios?

My Cars
    2001 330i

Question Is this picture the correct Pin Out Code of the E46 BMW Business CD53 Radios?

I'm trying to install a second data link cable on my Data Link-B port as shown below. A google search led me to the chart below.

I already know that our E46 the Data Link-A port is always used for the CD Changer/Sirius function prewired cable that ends up in the trunk. And the Data Link-B port is usually used for AUX-in function only when adding AUX input to the Radio.

But I want to have two CD Changer data link cables in my car one each off the A and B ports. So one will power my Sirius/CD Changer and the other my USA-Spec Ipod Integration kit.

Will this work or is the picture below the correct code for our Alpine Business CD53 17 pin radios Radio? Is the B-port and AUXiliary Port ONLY? or will it serve as a second CD Changer/Sirius port?

My car already has a BMW Sirius Receiver using Data Link Port-A and I wan't to use Port-B for the USA-Spec Ipod Integration.

This is what I'm trying to do....

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

My Cars
    2001 330i
    more info:

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I don't believe that your complication is going to occur in the wiring, but in the firmware of the radio device. The mode button programatically searches for the device through i-bus and tunes ot the A-cable for input when one is recognized. However the mode function for the B input is passive for audio, it just switches to the B input. My opinion is that a firmware hack may be required.

But to find out you would have to just try it, you will need to get an I-bus wire to the CD changer it and obviously 12v and ground, but you could likely harness it right from the existing pre-wired connection that connects your existing CD changer....though you may get some strange behavior when it finds 2 CD changers connected to the bus, ... I think you're going to be a pioneer in this one..not unusual for you though, I've seen your guides on e46fan, I really admire your work. If anyone can make it happen, it will be you.