Thread: Does Red Exterior/Terra Interior Look Good to You

My Cars
    '97 M3, '01 530i, '02 M5

Does Red Exterior/Terra Interior Look Good to You

All,

I'm looking (online) at red 3 series (probably '06 330i) and stumbled across the red/terra combo seen here : http://www.paulsevagmotors.com/used_...8c064fa79da22b

I think this combo looks sweet, but my wife had an almost violent reaction against it saying the color of the seats clashed with the exterior, etc. - her reaction was so strong I'm second guessing myself! It doesn't help that these pics were taken indoors and lighting comes into play here, etc. Anyone else have any thoughts or shots taken in daylight they'd like to post?

Thanks!

My Cars
    2009 Space Grey 335i
    Um... I'm not a fan of red cars unless you're getting a Ferrari. However I love the brown seat color wish I would of gotten it on mine. I think it sets it apart from most cars where your choices are black, grey beige.
    Performance Tread - Where the rubber meets the road is where we call home!
    www.performancetread.com Follow us on Twitter @performancetred!

My Cars
    09 328xi E90, 08 MDX
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
    Um... I'm not a fan of red cars unless you're getting a Ferrari. However I love the brown seat color wish I would of gotten it on mine. I think it sets it apart from most cars where your choices are black, grey beige.
    +1 on the ferrari thing. I have a space gray 328i with the saddle brown dakota and LOVE it. It is not a combo I see very often and I not a fan of black leather and since my wife's car has tan I wanted something different. Salesman tried to tell me it is less desirable on resale. I politely reminded him that I am buying the car for ME, and not for whatever numbskull gets it later! So if you like it, that's all that matters! That said, a family friend bought an E92 with the space gray and red interior. IMO, it is hideous--but then again, it ain't my car!

My Cars
    2009 Space Grey 335i
    The red interior looks good in white cars
    Performance Tread - Where the rubber meets the road is where we call home!
    www.performancetread.com Follow us on Twitter @performancetred!

My Cars
    07 BMW 328i 04 Nissan Pathfinder 88 Supra Turbo
    I have the Terra int with SG ext. I love the int colour. I'm not quite sure it goes with red ext however. I'm actually surprized they would offrer that combo. But if you are buying pre owned you cannot not be to picky. You will spending most of your time looking at the inside.

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Red is a great color, loved it on my e36, buttot does attract a lot of unwanted attention, so I kinda gave up on that color after 12+ years exclusively. That being said, not man interior colors go well with red. Black is the safest bet esp. for resale. Mine had black+red interior which worked well. I don't think Terra will work well. it is your car afterall so get what you like, but you may want to keep ease of resale in mind.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    08 - CR-V / 08- 335i
    Unless im color blind that looks more like a lighter version of the saddle brown color. Ill sum it up for you...If you like it, thats all that matters...As for me, I prefer the black or the beige.

My Cars
    '08 E90 M3
    I have Terra/Sapphire and the interior color is great IMHO. I added carbon fiber wrapped interior panels as the Terra/Wood was not that good looking.

Red/Terra....I'd keep looking....but for something else that goes with Terra. You spend more time inside the car than you do outside.
    Craig Brickner
    Click to Join: BMWCCA # 366493
    BMW CCA/PBOC/Chin Motorsports DE Instructor

2008 M3 Sedan Jerez/Black