Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    1986 E23 L7
    if you want to put your email in your profile I will send you info/SN for vmware 6 or 7, whichever you want.

My Cars
    2002 MCS
    Quote Originally Posted by QcMarque View Post
    if you want to put your email in your profile I will send you info/SN for vmware 6 or 7, whichever you want.
    It should be visible now. I am using vmware 6.

Thanks!!

edit: I didn't see it when i viewed my profile so i put it under "interests"

QcMarque: Thanks!!!
    Last edited by atstodd; 05-12-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Rock crawling taco
    has anyone tryed using there vmwear on a car that has been programmed with ISTA-P? I have been told its not possible I just wante to hear it from someone else as well. I hope to buy a cheap computer soon so I can down load the VMWear soon.
    puma/TC case pro

I rebuild all BMW panoramic sunroofs and standard sunroofs cassette's. Email me at fast325es@aol.com for more info

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Wow, I must have overlooked this thread a few times before I just went through it. I had always wanted to use Carsoft and have it installed on my computer but all I needed was to buy some cables. A few months ago I downloaded the BMW EBA(08-2003) from a torrent and BMW V39 DIS GT1 SSS CIP TIS from torrents. The V39 DIS torrent I downloaded came with all the programs needed to install including SCO Server and VMWare. It gave instructions on how to install it but looking at it totally confused me, and that is saying a lot since I am pretty computer savvy. I am wondering if it installs the same way you guys installed it.

Also, would this be ideal to install on my main laptop or another one? I have about five to six to choose from.

Here is the Readme from the torrent I downloaded:
    "This compilation is a start, these versions are starting to get out of date.
    Every thing is in here to install BMW DIS on a PC.
    Follow my Instructions to Install GT1.

use the virtual PC software (VMware) for installing on. Make sure you set the hardware up as close as possibly to match the device you are installing to.
    GT1 = 20GB HDD , 256MB RAM, CD-ROM secondary master
    DISplus = 13.6GB HDD - DVD drive primary slave

You can also read BMW DIS V29 InstallDoc and DIS Software Instructions collection from openbmw.doc

If you have any of the following please upload to emule and start the name with 'BMW MEGA'
    1. Any of the software in later versions (in English).
    2. Images of the boot floppies used to install BMW DIS.
    4. Any BMW software I have Missed.
    5. Any CD Artwork, including cases.
    6. SCO Unix Root and Boot floppies.
    7. Any other instructions to install DIS.
    8. Instructions on how to Install SSS XPe on a PC.
    9. A way of making a cheap replica diagnostic head for this software.
    Enjoy
    Shoulders"

I look foward to getting all of this running and I plan on buying the cables from CarSoftWest that was linked to earlier.

Thanks.
    '84 325e 32k miles | '98 328i 68k miles | '01 Z3 74K miles | '99 F150 64k miles
    PSN ID: Trevor-TC2
    We retrofit headlights, code BMWs, rekey locks and thoroughly detail cars. Interested or curious? PM us.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You can use the software you have downloaded, but installing DIS using EasyDIS saves manually changing all the settings in the DIS base program. Apart from that, once the DIS base program is installed, the setup process is the same. The network configuration necessary to get DIS running was not well explained at the time the software you obtained was uploaded and as a result a lot of people spent hundreds of frustrating hours trying to get their systems to run. Hopefully in this forum we have provided sufficient supplementary information to avoid this problem and this has resulted in many more members successfully installing DIS. I cannot understate the contributions of members of the bmwecu.org forum which I gratefully acknowledge as having completed the ground work which made non-dealer DIS installations a reality.
    Last edited by David Mc; 05-24-2010 at 09:35 AM.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    You must know what I downloaded because I do not see anything in that says EasyDIS in the files I downloaded.

Also, is this ideal for my main laptop or should I install it on an older one?

Thanks.
    We retrofit headlights, code BMWs, rekey locks and thoroughly detail cars. Interested or curious? PM us.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes I am more than familiar with the files you downloaded, you can also download a copy of EasyDIS from the 4shared website Easy GT folder to speed things along installation wise if you choose to go that way. The original software was intended for a T30, but I have it loaded on a DELL Precision M65 and it runs well. The main requirement seems to be a genuine serial port.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    My laptop has two hard drives. I thought about partitioning the second one to install this. The second hard drive is 640GB with about 240GB of space left.
    Or just install it on an old laptop.

Also, my laptop does have a serial port. Now to be certain, a serial port is a serial port, right? Because I use my serial port to output my display to a Plasma television sometimes. Is this the same kind?

Oh, one other thing. If I wanted to update the software to a newer version, would it be hard to do, or would I be better off installing the newest version in the beginning?

Thanks for the help.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You only need 18.645Gb of drive space to install the program. A serial port is exactly that - not a video port but a com port. EasyDIS is based on v44 but I have read plenty of posts where DIS has been installed on base v39. Since the best (i.e. most functional) version of INPA/EDIABAS is INPA v3.01/EDIABAS v6.4.3 which was released in late 2004, coinciding with the release of DIS v44, I see no advantage in moving to a later version unless you intend on dealing with late model cars. DIS v44 was also the last release that had the ability to code and program without using SSS. You can install up to the latest (DIS v57) on the EasyDIS v44 base without a problem, so my personal preference is probably toward this rather than the earlier v39 base, which is also more complex to set up as you have to manually delete mouse and touch screen settings etc..

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    I think I will install the DIS v44. I am looking at your 4shared files. Is the GT v44 .rar files the DIS v44? And I am assuming that the EasyDIS on there is what I need.

Also, sorry if this seems redundant, but what does INPA/EDIABAS mean? I keep reading it everywhere but can not figure it out.

Thanks for the help.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    EDIABAS is BMW's diagnostic protocol (language) and INPA is an interpreter program that communicates with EDIABAS to return diagnostic data. DIS is just a simplified platform for communicating with your car through EDIABAS. You need to install INPA/EDIABAS onto your computer first so that DIS can utilise it to send and receive commands to your car. GT 44 is the DIS/GT1 program files and EasyDIS is the base program, so you need both. Start by setting up INPA/EDIABAS from the NCS folder on the 4shared site, then set up the base program using EasyDIS and load the GT 44 program files. INPA/EDIABAS can be used as a stand alone system for performing diagnostics, but is more complex to use directly (having originally been developed for in factory use only) than via DIS, which provided a simplified means of utilising the program for dealerships.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    EDIABAS is BMW's diagnostic protocol (language) and INPA is an interpreter program that communicates with EDIABAS to return diagnostic data. DIS is just a simplified platform for communicating with your car through EDIABAS. You need to install INPA/EDIABAS onto your computer first so that DIS can utilise it to send and receive commands to your car. GT 44 is the DIS/GT1 program files and EasyDIS is the base program, so you need both. Start by setting up INPA/EDIABAS from the NCS folder on the 4shared site, then set up the base program using EasyDIS and load the GT 44 program files. INPA/EDIABAS can be used as a stand alone system for performing diagnostics, but is more complex to use directly (having originally been developed for in factory use only) than via DIS, which provided a simplified means of utilising the program for dealerships.
    That made alot of sense, thank you for writing that up.
    Detailed Image
    Jet Black 2003 325i

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    That was helpful. Thanks David Mc.

Also, I found an old hard drive I had that was in a broken laptop that hardly had any use. The hard drive is 20GB. I know you said DIS/GT1 takes 18.645GB, but, if needed, would it be possible to install SSS and maybe even Carsoft? Oh, and it has 256MB of RAM, which does not seem sufficient to me.

Thanks for the help.

Also, how do I go about downloading the files in the INPA folder?
    Just download it one at a time and put it all in the same folder?
    It is a little annoying since there are folders inside of folders inside of folders.
    I have already downloaded the EasyDIS and GT v44.

Thanks.
    Last edited by TC2; 05-26-2010 at 02:09 AM.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Quote Originally Posted by TC2 View Post
    It is a little annoying since there are folders inside of folders inside of folders.
    I have already downloaded the EasyDIS and GT v44.

Thanks.
    So let me get this right...Your complaining about software that is "FREE" and David has provided for us? All because the folders are cumbersome? lol
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    So let me get this right...Your complaining about software that is "FREE" and David has provided for us? All because the folders are cumbersome? lol
    No. I just figured there was another way to download the files under that section. A zipped archive like EasyDIS and GT v44.

Edit.
    I keep trying to extract the EasyDIS and GF v44 with WinRAR and I keep getting corrupt authenticity/corrupt file/bad header errors.
    I also tried with 7-Zip and it says that the files are broken.
    I am not sure what to do except download the files again.
    Last edited by TC2; 05-26-2010 at 05:39 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Don't download INPA from the EasyGT folder - get the version in the NCS folder.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    I need the password. I sent you PM about it yesterday.

Thanks.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    can we use the vmware player instead of vmware workstation? also what about daemon tools lite?
    Last edited by OPEY; 05-26-2010 at 09:07 PM.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Nevermind. I found the password.
    But do you know the problem I am having that I mentioned in post #165?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by OPEY View Post
    can we use the vmware player instead of vmware workstation? also what about daemon tools lite?
    You can only use vmware player to run the virtual machine, not to set it up, for that you need vmware workstation. I don't know if daemontools lite will mount the disks, the best way to find out is to try.

I need the password. I sent you PM about it yesterday.

Thanks.
    I have re-sent the password.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    I never received a PM from you.
    But you can refer to the post I made before yours.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Nevermind. I found the password.
    But do you know the problem I am having that I mentioned in post #165?

Ok, I will not re-send the password. Unfortunately I have no control over the upload/download speed of the 4shared website, but if you think downloads are too slow, you should try uploading files, which usually load at about 7kB/sec!

The only time anyone has advised me of receiving an incomplete or corrupted file, it has proven to have originated from SPAM protection software employed by their ISP - You are the second person to experience this in over 300 downloads, so I am fairly confident that there is nothing wrong with the files, especially since they have been subjected to intensive scanning with the latest antivirus software and I have used all of them.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Umm...there is obviously a misunderstanding. I never said anything about the download speeds. They download just fine for me. The 100MB files download in about two minutes for me...
    I am downloading them one at a time now instead of all at once.
    I would not be surprised if there is some kind of "blocker" through my ISP. Comcast blocks about 50% of my emails. They are trying to control all of their customers any way they can. Turkeys.

And if you were sending me a PM through bimmerforums, I never received them. But it is alright since I found the password in one of the files on your 4shared account.

Thanks.
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 05-27-2010 at 04:33 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Check your PM's now.

My Cars
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro
    David Mc, I cannot seem to find the "Help" in the 4shared folder to get the password to download INPA/EDIABAS from the NCS folder. According to the "Read this first.doc" file, this is absolutely necessary to get GT1/DIS to work with the diagnostic boxes hooked up to the car/computer right?

I'm trying to set this up for a friend. He bought the GT1 set here:

http://www.haetech.com/products.asp?pid=33&anclassid=62

and the OPS set here:

http://www.haetech.com/products.asp?pid=34&anclassid=62

Both come with the GT1/DIS/TIS software pre-installed and ready to go. They come with the the standard yellow multiplexer box with the round connector and OBDII connector. There is also the orange box for use with OPS.

We had the problem where the boxes/heads would be recognized in the adminstration config settings part, but when actually got to diagnosis or running DIS, we'd get a system error -1 net-0018 protocol unknown error. Anybody happen to have any input on this?

The next step we're trying is to see if this EasyDIS installation in a VM would work, so we at least know that the multiplexer boxes/heads work correctly. I'm assuming this protocol error might have something to do with the INPA/EDIABAS of this particular (pre)-installtion and how this particular installation of DIS is having trouble communicating with it?

Please see these pictures I have taken:

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~eli/bmw/DSC00003.JPG
    http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~eli/bmw/DSC00004.JPG
    http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~eli/bmw/DSC00005.JPG
    http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~eli/bmw/DSC00006.JPG

Any help or info that could be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

So after getting some sleep, I think the multiplexer boxes(DK yellow or orange OPS) should have some logic inside that already talks via the EDIABAS protocol, even if they are Chinese clones. So, if I install some version of GT1/DIS via vmware workstation, then I just need to make sure the diagnostic head and GT1/DIS are on the same network. I won't actually need a server program running in windows that acts a go-between between the two since both of them speak the EDIABAS protocol. Am I correct in assuming this?

(Oh, and I found all the passwords David Mc, so I don't think I'll need them.)
    Last edited by heybog; 05-30-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast