Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I have never used this cable setup, but SE93 has just set his system up to use one.
    The advertisement says that it is E36 compatible, but since it is an OBD only cable and every E36 I have seen has a 20 pin diagnostic port only and requires ADS functionality to access all modules, I would suggest that Porky Pig is the editor of their sales blurb.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    It works. This is the latest set I bought for testing. But Im going to go to the set that David MC is using, (the OBD/ADS switchable), to try that next.

If interest, that set is basically OBD, but runs better as set to ADS on my cars.

Finds every module in my E31, and even finds 2 modules I dont have on my E38s lol
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    yay! i pass my apitest, i've been trying with vmware 7.0 and it didn't work. i just used vmware 6.5 and now it works. yay!

My Cars
    E46 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by casper3t View Post
    yay! i pass my apitest, i've been trying with vmware 7.0 and it didn't work. i just used vmware 6.5 and now it works. yay!
    Congratulations!

Whats the proper procedure for performing the APITest?

I think I have done it . But I got a German menu and wasnt sure what to try. Option 3 (in the German menu) looked like maybe what I wanted and it appeared to be succesful but I have no idea if I was doing the right thing. Maybe my reading comprehension is bad and I missed it in all the various documentation I was reading about this. :

For giggles I turned off the IMHSvr32 and tried again and got nowhere. So I think I have passed the APITest just need some reassurance.

Now if I can just get those cables off that slow boat from China I'll be all set.....
    Last edited by GCoop; 04-27-2010 at 11:24 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Passing the APItest means that you have succeeded in accessing the German menu. Choose 0 to abort from the German menu or it will have you flying in circles for a while, congrats.

My Cars
    E46 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Passing the APItest means that you have succeeded in accessing the German menu. Choose 0 to abort from the German menu or it will have you flying in circles for a while, congrats.

Yessssss.

Thanks for the confirmation. I can decipher just enough German to be dangerous thats for sure.

David, also I just want to thank you for your work and supplied information. You saved me countless internet scouring by consolodating so much information. Without it I would have been stuck in a few places scratching my head. For example, I would have never figured out where to go to change the IP addresses for EDIABAS on the DIS machine. YOU ROCK
    /runs off to try tracking the OBDII cable again....
    Last edited by GCoop; 04-28-2010 at 10:26 AM.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    I ran off to try my cable last night too. didn't work

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Casper, try updating the drivers and make sure you have the latest Microsoft NET updates.

My Cars
    David or another expert,

I install easyDis_V44 and it works fine... the language in the first mask is Portuguese... ok i install it in Portuguese, but when i go to the diagnostic it will be in English...

Now i install easyDis_V44 base and Dis_V57 program because i think the language in Dis_V57 is in Portuguese to... but not, now the language in Dis_V57 program is in Russia...

Please tell me witch version i have to install to get it in Portuguese language

I have one ADS IF and the DCAN IF from Do-it-Auto and i wont to connect to BMW from 1991 to 2009

Thank you so much, for your help!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You can change the language for the diagnostic Section of DIS by choosing the "Administration" button then selecting "Language" from the DIS menu, but you will need a program disk in the Portugese language which, I would imagine would be extremely hard to find unless you know someone in a BMW dealership in Portugal who is willing to give you a copy.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    Casper, try updating the drivers and make sure you have the latest Microsoft NET updates.
    i'm suspecting it my usb serial cable, it always give me problems in inpa

My Cars
    David thanks for your answer!

I have easyDIS_V44 BASE Multi-language...
    Exist EasyDIS_V44 Program Multi-language or only in one language...?

And the other version DIS_V5* are only in one Language or Multi-language?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    dijo, EasyDIS just sets the mask to install the programs and during installation you are able to select the language. The DIS v44 and DIS v53 program disks need to have the language you require on them and this will depend upon from where they originated (i.e. BMW or a bittorrent site).

INPA is also used for the diagnostics part of DIS and has a language choice based upon which rectification program version you chose during installation.

Casper, if your USB does not work properly with INPA, you will have no chance of getting it to work with DIS as a successful INPA setup is the first step in creating a successful DIS setup. Try an Oxford chip based PCMCIA card.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-29-2010 at 05:31 PM.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

interface cables

I have never used this cable setup, but SE93 has just set his system up to use one.
    The advertisement says that it is E36 compatible, but since it is an OBD only cable and every E36 I have seen has a 20 pin diagnostic port only and requires ADS functionality to access all modules, I would suggest that Porky Pig is the editor of their sales blurb.
    So far so good. The cable setup from Ebay has been a plug and play setup. All works perfectly.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    i'm trying to do my car memory and this comes up. Control unit description file not present? Please insert present CD and repeat process!

does that mean my dis v44 can't do any coding on my car?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Possibly, v44 was released in 2004 so if your car is later than that you will need sss.

My Cars
    05BMW645CI 02ACURATL
    If I can get the software (GT1) up and running w/SSS for an '05 6 series will this cable set for $69 work? or will i not be successful either?
    http://www.carsoftwest.com/services.html
    Carsoft west replacement INTERFACE and CABLES ONLYAftermarket
    replacement interface and cables for Carsoft 6.5 through 8.3
    tested and built to Carsoft West specifications

Aftermarket BMW interface (60 day warranty)

16 pin OBD2 adaptor

20 pin round adaptor

Serial cable
    Last edited by Kale; 04-30-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Missed information

My Cars
    E38 728i sixstraight

trouble

i tryed to install dis 44 again, but i cant select use host-only networking anymore
    Inpa was working fine till a few days ago then nothing
    i reinstalled everything by the instructions on this forum

ho can give me the answer
    i am so close to use the laptop as a discus

i am running vista dual-core pentium dis under vm 6 when i get it installed again

My Cars
    1995 BMW 750i

Still installing problems with DIS under VMware

Hi Volks!

Great Page and helpful members – congratulation!

First of all sorry – English was not my nativ. But I will try: After 3 long nights with trial to install DIS (V44 or V57) under VMware and read all your comments I’m complete unnerved and shaky (“city map in my eyes” etc.). Maybe I’m to dense for install anything?!?

My HD-Setup:

IBM ThinkPad T40 (1,5 GHz, with Dockingport for RS232)
    1 GB RAM, 40 GB HD

My SW-Setup:

- XP prof, SP2 as the OP for ThinkPad (no other SW on Board, no Office etc.)
    - DAEMON Tools Pro V.4.10
    - VMware Workstation V.6.0
    - EasyDIS-base-44-v1.0.nrg
    - GT1_v44_programs.iso

My VMware settings:

- typical, guest OS other/other, host only networking (all rest on default)
    - HD (IDE 0:0) with 18.635 MB
    - CD-Rom (IDE 1:0) setting on virtual drive
    - Memory: 256 MB (recommended)
    - Sound removed
    - Ethernet on VMnet1 (Host only)
    - 2 add. Ethernets on VMnet1 (Host only)
    - Guest Isolation enabled/enabled

First I mounted DIS on virtual CD-ROM an then start the VM. The screen with vmware-Logo runs very fast and I have no chance to push F2 for BIOS Setup. But the message for non loc. Floppy comes and after confirm the boot further running normally and load the first files for write the partition. After 20-30 sec. the booting restart for the 2. time (I see also the welcome square with bmwecu…) and everything looks fine. But after approx. 40-50 sec. the rebooting stopped (blank screen with only dead curser on top) and my CPU running under 100% (99% for vmware-vmx.exe). I think the loading stopped before the Unix using hdinit was writing and running – but I’m absolute no expert in this.

My effort/tries:
    - waiting more than 1 hour and look on the dead cursor
    - run with diff. memory size
    - used diff. Daemon versions (also V.3.46 and higher)
    - used older VMware (V.5.5)
    - load DIS Program V57 DE.iso (still the same abort)

What the hell I do wrong??? Forgot something fundamentals? Has anybody the same problem? Please give me a chance!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Voyage,

This will help you access the bios in VMware:-

We need to make a few changes to make accessing the bios of VMware easier. Switch back to Windows and in the “My Documents” folder, locate a file called “My Virtual Machines”.

Open the folder and locate a folder with the same name as the virtual machine you have just created. Inside there will be a file named “Other VMware Configuration file”. Right click on the VMware Configuration file and choose “Open with” then choose “Notepad” from a displayed list of programs, (make sure that the “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” checkbox is not ticked), then click OK. The VMware configuration file will open. Go to the beginning of the first line after memsize = “256” and type bios.bootDelay=”5000” then enter. Now save the modified configuration file by choosing “Save” from the Notepad File menu before closing the modified configuration program. You can now close any open folders in Windows and switch back to your Virtual Machine. Adding this line will ensure that you can easily access the VMware bios menu by utilising the F2 key. (Remembering that you will need to ensure that you mouse onto the VMware startup screen immediately after starting your Virtual Machine before expecting it to recognise command prompts).

The second major tip for installation is in gaining access to the scoadmin functions. As per Shoulders’ VMWare installation guide, you will need this to correct the BDFLUSHER = 660 error and reset its value back to BDFLUSHR =30. The scoadmin function is accessed by firstly starting your Virtual Machine, setting the pointer into the active screen with your mouse, then after the “THE SYSTEM IS COMING UP” message displays, press Ctrl+SysRq buttons and wait for the command line.

You need to load the EasyDIS base program properly first. Once you have the software and GT1 v44 programs loaded correctly, I am sure you will have no trouble getting further assistance to get the communications side of your setup working properly.
    Last edited by David Mc; 05-05-2010 at 09:21 AM.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    Quote Originally Posted by casper3t View Post
    i'm trying to do my car memory and this comes up. Control unit description file not present? Please insert present CD and repeat process!

does that mean my dis v44 can't do any coding on my car?
    Everything is working now after i got my serial rs232 expresscard for my laptop. thanks!

My Cars
    1986 E23 L7
    So using the 20-pin connector requires setting up an ADS interface... even if using the carsoft west cables?

Anyone have a VMWare snapshot setup for use with carsoft west cables they'd be willing to share?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you are using a Carsoft interface, the interface will be able to communicate with both ADS and OBD cars, so it can be used in lieu of an ADS interface. Chinese "Ediabas" interfaces are another story...

My Cars
    1986 E23 L7
    So for connection then I should choose std:obd? I'm still fighting to get my apitest to work, so at the moment it's not a top priority. lol.

My Cars
    2002 MCS

a little clarification

First of all BIG Thanks to DavidMC for the info and the downloads.

I have downloaded all the files for easy DIS and have downloaded VMWare workstation 6.0.5. Is this the correct Version of VMware? It seems to want a serial# to "power up" the GT1 machine. Is there a free version that will work? it appears to cost $200 for the serial # for VMware Rev 7, but i don't see how to even pay for rev 6. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast