Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Copies of TIS can be purchased for under $20 on EBay.

My Cars
    69 cougar
    sup everybody, i been looking around for a long time for the gt1 interface and can not find a good source. what is a good place to get the gt1 interface? any ideas appreciated.

thanks,
    toco004

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Which charger do you guys use when work with GT1 to keep you batery alive ?

Any link provided will be appreciate

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    I use a Deltran float charger.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    69 cougar
    just curious can you use the d-can interface to reprogram the ecu? or do you need a different interface just for programming?

thanks,
    toco004

My Cars
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvis View Post
    on this menu select No2 to change VM run options
    How do you get to that screen?

Ah, figured it out - "Calibrate Touch Screen" runs that app in EasyDIS.
    Last edited by jmoberley; 03-12-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325i 2007 VW GTi
    I just went through the night mare setting up the GT1 and DIS on my own laptop with the VM ware. After a week fooling around with it I finally got it to work. The DIS was easy, but follow be sure to follow the procedures when running the diagnostics test. If you don't you can get all kinds of false codes. Just be paitent with it. On the GT1 sw be sure in the VM ware that there is only one network adapter listed and have it set to bridge connected.

My Cars
    750i E38
    hello,
    i´m new here. im from germany, so my english is not 100%. i have runing dis and can connect to my car. i have only one problem. when i connect a diaghead ( with emu), i loose connection to the operating unit. is that normal? when i start dis the lights in the lower line are on. then i connect all lights are on. after a few seconds the seconds line turns off. when i start diagnosis i get an error that the connection is not okay. but when is cancel it runs. is that normal or something with the configuration?

thanks timm

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Timm, have you disabled any firewall programs that may be running?

My Cars
    97 328i-e46 323i
    nice write up David, but I am having a problem
    I got the end and i still can't access the coding features

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I also have a 12/97 328i - They have no codable modules.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW
    Hi there:

I downloaded the three EasyDIS files from David Mc's sharing folder and when i tried to decompress them to get them to a CD image using Winrar, i get a message that says: "invalid or corrup authenticity...." The program keeps running but does not convert the files into the CD image. I have downloaded the INPA software and had no problems.

What could be wrong or am i supposed to use another type of software for the DIS

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Is your copy of WinRAR working properly?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Just what I was thinking...

The free version of WinRAR can expire. Not sure how it behaves after that.

I use 7zip.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    All fixed.

My Cars
    BMW e39 528iPrinzVSI

trouble switching to fister-protocoll

Hello,

after about 1 week fulltime investigation i managed to get a running DIS (on vmware 7)
    but when i want to change the ediabas protocoll to FISTER by following the instructions
    i found on the web

-> DIS -> Admin -> Touchscreen Calibration -> Ediabas Options

i get stuck at entering Touchscreen Calibration..
    DIS asks for the dealer-id to continue and after entering "12345" like i configured during
    installation immediately after hitting the OK-Button i get an error
    "Fehler beim Ausführen der gewünschten Funktion. Fehlernummer: -2" (since i use the german version)
    it says something like "error executing the selected command. error code -2"

i couldnt find an explanation of this error-code what makes it very difficult to eliminate it. :-(

my first thougt was a connection with the touchscreen-driver, so i tried removing it (built a new
    kernel etc) but this didnt fix anything. DIS misbehaves like before...

I wonder if someone would be so kind to help me finding a solution for my problem !?

best regards from berlin,germany
    Steve

my versions:
    DIS Administration 4.4.0 (1. Okt 2005)
    DIS Programme V53.0 (10/02)
    Diagnose V53.0
    Progman V28.0
    DIS Software DAS V5131_P

Basis-CD 52.0
    GT1 V52 01.01
    DISplus V52 01.01

Installations-Medien
    GT1 V1.1
    DISplus V2.0

running on vmware 7 xp professional

My Cars
    M3 E46 Cabrio
    @tester1234,

I also run the german version, once you hit the screen calibration button you get a password dialog where you should be OK with 12345. If this does not work you have somehow typed another password at the dealer screen, try variations otherwise someone else have to say if one can get around a non working password.

Another solution is to install it all again, it will be pretty fast when one does it the second time.

My Cars
    BMW e39 528iPrinzVSI
    @ferpe: thanxs for your quick answer! I am just a little afraid, you didnt get what exactly my problem is. I dont have trouble finding the correct dealer-id which i know to be "12345" since i created it myself during installation.

This id is accepted by DIS but the very next second where i would expect the calibration screen or a menu to show up, i get this error-box with error-code -2.

what the hell does this "-2" stand for?
    is there another way maybe on unix-level how i could change ediabas protocoll to fister bypassing the touchscreen-calibration-menu?

best regards
    Steve

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Tester, I speak under correction but I think you can only access the Fister screen if you have the BMWECU DIS version as base and the only base I know is the DIS 44 base which you can download from the ForShare website. Again David can correct me if I am wrong but you can install all versions of DIS after version 44 on this DIS base. EasyDIS44 was heavily modified by BMWECU guys to change the display and setup behaviour of this DISbase.
    Cheers
    C

My Cars
    318 CI SE
    Hi guys,
    I am totally stuck. I tried it plenty of time but no luck so far.
    I do everything as per instructions of DAVIDMC.
    I am stuck when i type # type cd /etc. It says not found, It does not goes into etc directory for some reason. Also when i tried to open EDIABAS.ini it tries to generate new one.
    Very strange. Any help please.
    Also getting
    Also was getting Cannot find device net2 in xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/mdevice error.
    But now after setting set BDFLUSHR to 30 it is gone.
    I am not able to access diaghead diaghead property.

Cheers .

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Katvis, you are correct.

qaisdev, the commands in UNIX are case-sensitive, as written my setup instructions are for a Windows XP operating system. I am not sure about Vista, but with a Windows 7 os, the commands you are referring to would be (after the # prompt) cd /etc (UNIX will not display any directory content and will simply execute the command). Next command is vi ediabas.ini that should get you into the UNIX side of the EDIABAS.ini command file.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-03-2010 at 01:59 PM.

My Cars
    318 CI SE
    Hi,
    Yea thx for helping out. Well i managed everything so far.
    I do API test and works fine likes give me some german text.
    Well now problem is that DIS is telling me that no connection to diagonostic head.
    Do i have to configure it in DIS ? settings ?
    Also EDIBAS works and connects fine.

Thanks a lot.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Are you using a diaghead emulator or attempting to connect directly to the head?

My Cars
    M3 E46 Cabrio
    @giasdev and David Mc,

it is not over because you have a working API test, as David wrote in the instruction you might have to do more. I had everything set up 100% according to the instruction and had a 100% working INPA/NCS and interface and still did not get a connection from DIS (API test menu came up in German and option 3 (API status) showed API ready).

I then poked around with the calibration menu commands until I saw that IFHserv shortcut bar icon (your networked EDIBAS diaghead) showed network connection with 198.168.68.30 (DIS)(I also shut down firewall and Virus check, so don't know what made the internal LAN connection between DIS (192.168.68.30) and EDIABAS (192.168.68.1) work) and then went to car but still no connection with car. When I stopped vm in same calibration menu (under processes) I got connection and DIS worked, so try that (no lamps in DIS showed anything, voltage battery flickered though showing something was connecting somewhere so don't expect the lamps to tell you you are ok). As I have a serial OBDII interface I stayed with the Softing translator.

@Tester1234,

the touchscreen calibration button was a suitable button to high-jack for own menus in easy-DIS as few people would run easy-DIS on the Siemens touchscreen slate system I guess .
    Last edited by ferpe; 04-03-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    ferpe,

The Fister translator should still work with your interface as long as vm is set to off and the correct interface type has been specified in c:/EDIABAS/Bin/EDIABAS.ini. Common reasons for DIS failing diagnosis are:-

1. When the interface does not detect an ignition signal (i.e. an OBD interface or unmodded VAGCOM KKL interface is used in lieu of an ADS interface),

2. A firewall is running (remember that some antivirus programs have firewalls in addition to Windows firewall - both need to be disabled),

3. The IFHSrv32 Netserver has not been opened before starting DIS,

4. When a diaghead emulator program has been installed, it has been started before DIS has fully loaded or diaghead IP details and connection have not been configured in DIS.

5. Microsoft.Net updates which support the virtual network have not been loaded.

Of course, all of the above are in addition to network configuration and setup errors, which is why DIS can be so challenging to get running (in light of the number of different processor types, Operating Systems and interfaces in use).

Remember that whenever changes are made to the tranlator or processes, EDIABAS must be restarted from within DIS to adopt the new settings.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast