Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E21, E28, E36, E46
    Lovely job, I do have another couple of cables which I fizicali didn't have the time time to try, one is a blue lead bought as of being a ediabas and the other a d-can for post 2007 cars... Will try and update. Thanks a lot guys, wouldn't have made it without this forum and your posts...

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely job, I do have another couple of cables which I fizicali didn't have the time to try, one is a blue lead bought as of being a ediabas and the other a d-can for post 2007 cars... Will try and update. Thanks a lot guys, I wouldn't made it without this forum and your posts...

My Cars
    E21, E28, E36, E46
    Hello again guys, just to confirm. My cable had fault as mentioned before that pin 7 and 8 were not connected. I have successfully managed to do a software update on my E46 2.0D and now all the power is back to where it should be. Thanks again for the help and support.

My Cars
    2002 BMW X5
    Hi David, I'm new here. I am trying to download this DIS software as per your post but I found a lot of them in 4shared. I'm not sure which one is yours. can you send me a direct link. thanks a lot.

Trying to access the files but it says the link is no longer valid. Can you explain what you meant by "remember to use help"

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    "help" was a password applicable when these files were available through 4shared several years ago (which is no longer the case).

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    I had dis working perfectly for my e39 but I own an e60 now and I Was wondering what needs to be updated to get dis and Inpa to be able to read and diagnose my dme. Ive been using Carly for a while but I need to diagnose a CAS issue that I think is draining my battery. Any help?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you clone your DIS v44 virtual machine, then update DIS to v57 on the cloned copy, it is good for cars up to MY2008. The usual culprit for draining the battery is the telecommunications module but it is also worth checking that the trunk light is actually switching off correctly when the trunk is closed.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you clone your DIS v44 virtual machine, then update DIS to v57 on the cloned copy, it is good for cars up to MY2008. The usual culprit for draining the battery is the telecommunications module but it is also worth checking that the trunk light is actually switching off correctly when the trunk is closed.
    Hmmm, what exactly is the telecom module? I was under the assumption that it might be a CAS issue for a few reasons. My car is fine when sitting for multiple days at a time. It starts right up with no battery drainage whatsoever. If I open the doors, mainly the rear doors, my battery drains significantly, almost to the point where it won't turn over. I do not get the high battery drain message on the IDrive. The problem started occurring around the same time my passenger rear window wouldn't go up with the auto-up button from the drivers main window switch. I noticed when rolling the windows up/down with the remote they all work except the rear passenger side door. I tried to re-initialize the windows via the procedure and it works temporarily, then the rear pass window stops working again. Ive never used the Comfort Access anything because I don't think it functioned properly when I first purchased the car. The only thing that worked was the keyless start-up, the thumb to the door handle thing never worked. I disabled/deactivated everything pertaining the CAS in Carly to no avail. I just had the charging system checked and the battery and alternator all seem to be working fine. Stumped.
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 11-06-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Now I am getting the API test error. Do I need to turn off the server to make adjustments to the subnet settings?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    No, see my post here https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...6#post27153566 for troubleshooting info.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Error 200.159 relates to a comms problem between the diaghead and vm. You need to have vm set to not run, dsm and nsw set to run and be using Fister profile. The configuration settings must be made without starting the IFHSrv32, otherwise they will not stick. Once the changes have been made, shutdown DIS, start the IFHSrv32 and restart DIS. The EDIABAS Server should not be running at any time you are running DIS. Also make sure you are using a version of EDIABAS which is not later than v6.4.7.
    Ediabas inside of DIS V57 reads 6.4.4 but when I checked on my hard drive outside of DIS my Ediabas.ini file reads 7.3. Could this be causing a conflict? I followed your instructions in another thread with the four pics on setting up adapters etc...but I keep getting a NET-0009 TIMEOUT error. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Only versions of EDIABAS up to v6.4.7 will support DIS. EDIABAS v7.3.0 doesn't support either DIS or ADS interfaces. You need to ensure that the version of EDIABAS running with your INPA installation is compatible with DIS.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    That’s the issue. I’m gonna have to downgrade ediabas for it to work. Can you point me to a file or a How-to?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Rename your existing c:\EDIABAS to EDIABAS7 then just run your INPA v4.4.7/EDIABAS v6.4.3 installation and install only EDIABAS

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Rename your existing c:\EDIABAS to EDIABAS7 then just run your INPA v4.4.7/EDIABAS v6.4.3 installation and install only EDIABAS
    I renamed the file to EDIABAS7 but now when I try to run INPA Im getting API not found etc...Im not sure I still have the .exe file for reinstalling INPA.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    I don't have an older version of either file. I just tried to download another SystemsTool 32 INPA pack but the ini reads 7.3.0 as well.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Do I have to follow your instructions as per this post onceI find an older version of INPA? https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...with-INPA-5-02

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Check to ensure your c: drive contains files named EDIABAS7 and EDIABAS. If it does, try changing EDIABAS7 to EDIABAT7.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Is my IP suppose to match the one in your pics exactly? I see a section with the numbers 175. I don't get those numbers in mine...also, my vm is set to run, new is set to run, and dsm is set to run. I can't seem to be able to change my vm set not to run. Is it suppose to read vm is set not to run?

Edit: I think I changed it to not run! but now I'm getting the net-0009 host error message again. An now there are no black dots when I run Inpa.
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 11-15-2017 at 04:26 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Changing the VM net settings has absolutely nothing to do with the Battery and Ignition signals in INPA. You need to check your INPA installation to make sure you only have one instance of INPA running and that Ediabas.ini is correctly modified.

Hey Davidmc thanks again. I reran the DIS and followed those thumbnails again and I got API test success. Could be I made an error configuring the network address in the SCO... TCP/IP.
    Does this mean I am ready to re code the DSC replacement module for the e46 using GT1?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Deron, run a diagnostic and read and clear any fault codes - if all goes well, choose coding and programming and you should be good to go.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    I'm still stuck at api test net-0009 timeout. Ive tried everything and nothing. Firewall is off, no anti virus installed, windows vista 7, vm set to not run, scoadmin remove/add adapters, ifhsrv running before starting dis, easyconfig settings are saved, fister profile, modded ediabas.ini file, Inpa works great with both dots and is able to read modules, etc...
    The only thing I can think of is VMware settings are wrong. All theses different IP address etc have me going crazy. What is Vmnet8's purpose? What settings should I apply to it?
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 11-23-2017 at 08:58 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Unfortunately the problem is more likely to be with your operating system than with your VM Net settings. It has been some time since I broached this problem, which if memory serves me correctly revolves around a Windows add-on called WOW (Windows on Windows), which Microsoft appears to have spasmodically removed and reintroduced to their operating systems. The IP address thing is not a biggie - basically once you establish an IP network (in this case 192.168.68.0) any subnet running on that network should work (i.e. 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.68.255). In practical terms however, the 192.168.68.1, 192.168.68.30 and 192.168.68.31 subnets appear to have returned the best results in terms of performance and reliability.
    Email me with a screenshot of your APItest results.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Unfortunately the problem is more likely to be with your operating system than with your VM Net settings. It has been some time since I broached this problem, which if memory serves me correctly revolves around a Windows add-on called WOW (Windows on Windows), which Microsoft appears to have spasmodically removed and reintroduced to their operating systems. The IP address thing is not a biggie - basically once you establish an IP network (in this case 192.168.68.0) any subnet running on that network should work (i.e. 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.68.255). In practical terms however, the 192.168.68.1, 192.168.68.30 and 192.168.68.31 subnets appear to have returned the best results in terms of performance and reliability.
    Email me with a screenshot of your APItest results.

Thats the thing....its the same error message in german. Initialization failed then net-0009 timeout. I used my laptop with v44 and there were no issues so i have no clue what went wrong (unless WOW was a recent thing). I have a brand new laptop sitting in my living room for four years. I wanna put it to use but starting from scratch sucks. Its windows 8 64,....will that cause any issues? I cannot find my easydis v44 disc either so thats another problem. Any suggestions?

What I dont get is that it should be easy to pinpoint the problem for the simple fact that INPA works perfectly but DIS times out. Can you point me to a link where you posted directions on updating inpa to 2010 but kept old ediabs file? INPA keeps giving me lots of error messages when I try different modules etc.
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 11-26-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738 LastLast