Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The Operating system for Unix under VMware is "Other" - that's all, there is no requirement to install any additional OS software.

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    You may well say that... but when I link to the ISO to load this is what I am getting.......(see attachments)Guest 1.png
    guest 2.png
    Guest 3.png

Regards

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Try putting the extracted BMW GT1 v44 folder in your "My Virtual Machines" folder (there is no need to set the vm to boot from an .iso disk), then open the BMW GT1 v44 folder and run it by clicking on the Other.vmx file (Rectangular light blue coloured icon).
    If it shows the VMware home screen for the BMW GT1 v44 virtual machine, power the Virtual machine on and wait - it can take up to 3 minutes to load the VM (alternatively you can use the VM dropdown menu - Snapshot manager - revert to snapshot commands to start the virtual machine).

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Thank you David for sharing...really appreciate it.

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe

Cool

Try putting the extracted BMW GT1 v44 folder in your "My Virtual Machines" folder (there is no need to set the vm to boot from an .iso disk), then open the BMW GT1 v44 folder and run it by clicking on the Other.vmx file (Rectangular light blue coloured icon).
    If it shows the VMware home screen for the BMW GT1 v44 virtual machine, power the Virtual machine on and wait - it can take up to 3 minutes to load the VM (alternatively you can use the VM dropdown menu - Snapshot manager - revert to snapshot commands to start the virtual machine).
    Do I not need to load EasyDIS-base-44-v1.0.nrg first as this is the base for GT1_v44_programs.iso needs to run properly..?
    Secondly are you saying to copy GT1_v44_programs.iso into the "My Virtual Machines" folder or to extract to ISO file to the folder..?

Regards
    Posh

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The preconfigured BMW GT1 v44.rar file is a complete virtual machine, already constructed on the EasyDIS base, so no, you do not need to load EasyDIS_base_44_v1.0. Just extract the .rar file using WinRAR and put it in your "My Virtual Machines" folder. The pre-configured virtual machine consists of an EasyDIS base, pre loaded with the GT1 v44 program file, so other than loading Vmware before putting the extracted folder into your "My Virtual Machines" folder, and running it by clicking on the the "Other.vmx" configuration file (rectangular light blue icon), there is nothing else required.

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    The preconfigured BMW GT1 v44.rar file is a complete virtual machine, already constructed on the EasyDIS base, so no, you do not need to load EasyDIS_base_44_v1.0. Just extract the .rar file using WinRAR and put it in your "My Virtual Machines" folder. The pre-configured virtual machine consists of an EasyDIS base, pre loaded with the GT1 v44 program file, so other than loading Vmware before putting the extracted folder into your "My Virtual Machines" folder, and running it by clicking on the the "Other.vmx" configuration file (rectangular light blue icon), there is nothing else required.

Sorry David......but I am either thick or have missed something not obvious. I have copied the GT1 Iso to the VM folder GT1 Set the configuration file to pick this up from there, but I cannot find anywhere on the icon bar the "Other.vmx" configuration file (rectangular light blue icon), I have enclosed a pic of the VMware start page so you can see there is no such icon on there.

gt1 install.jpg
    Regards

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The extracted BMW GT1 v44 virtual machine should not be an .iso file - it will be a folder containing files, including the "Other.vmx" file. You can open it from the VMware file menu by navigating to the file inside the BMW GT1 v44 folder located inside your "My Virtual Machines" folder and add it to your favourites, which will allow you to access it easily in future. The "My Virtual Machines" folder is located inside the documents folder on the host computer and is created automatically during the process of installing VMware.

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    Ahhhhhh.... so it was me.....:-) I should have copied the individual folders to the VMWare....
    A zillion thanks....
    I have spoken too soon.
    There is No file "Other VMX"in any of the folders.
    I have extracted the GT1_v44_programs.iso which gives me three folders with loads of individual files inside
    These I have listed in this word document for you to see exactly what is there.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=poshsoduk;29361166]Ahhhhhh.... so it was me.....:-) I should have copied the individual folders to the VMWare....
    A zillion thanks....
    I have spoken too soon.
    I have extracted the GT1_v44_programs.iso which gives me three folders with loads of individual files inside
    These I have listed in this Png Pics for you to see exactly what is there.
    folder 1.pngfolder 2.pngfolder3.pngfolder4.pngfolder 5.png

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=poshsoduk;29361166]Ahhhhhh.... so it was me.....:-) I should have copied the individual folders to the VMWare....
    A zillion thanks....
    I have spoken too soon.
    These I have listed in this word document for you to see exactly what is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poshsoduk View Post
    Ahhhhhh.... so it was me.....:-) I should have copied the individual folders to the VMWare....
    A zillion thanks....
    I have spoken too soon.
    These I have listed in this Png Pics for you to see exactly what is there.
    folder 1.pngfolder 2.pngfolder3.pngfolder4.pngfolder 5.png
    Update:

David I have been through all the files and double checked them with another download of the original file from http://www.4shared.com.
    I have checked each file individually and there are NO INSTALL FILES anywhere within any of the internal zipped files.
    So there is going to be no likely-hood of any installation of this GT1-44.
    I am guessing that someone has tampered with the files on 4shared and opened the Rar file and deleted those files that should install this software.

regards
    Last edited by poshsoduk; 08-08-2016 at 10:51 AM. Reason: update

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This looks more like the longhand version of DIS than the pre-constructed virtual machine I have been talking about. Download the pre-constructed VM from here repairdynamics.com/BMW_DIS_v44.rar , UnRAR it using WinRAR, then put the extracted folder in your "My Virtual Machines" folder and follow the previous instructions to fire it up. This is a copy of my own BMW DIS v44 Virtual machine, which includes TIS 2004 and has been installed successfully dozens of times.
    Using the pre-constructed virtual machine, you only need to have VMware installed, and can have the whole thing running in around an hour.

The alternative longhand installation of DIS requires you to have VMware, EasyDIS, GT1 v44 program files and TIS and including the TIS installation takes about 6 hours to install once you are familiar with the process.

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    This looks more like the longhand version of DIS than the pre-constructed virtual machine I have been talking about. Download the pre-constructed VM from here repairdynamics.com/BMW_DIS_v44.rar , UnRAR it using WinRAR, then put the extracted folder in your "My Virtual Machines" folder and follow the previous instructions to fire it up. This is a copy of my own BMW DIS v44 Virtual machine, which includes TIS 2004 and has been installed successfully dozens of times.
    Using the pre-constructed virtual machine, you only need to have VMware installed, and can have the whole thing running in around an hour.

The alternative longhand installation of DIS requires you to have VMware, EasyDIS, GT1 v44 program files and TIS and including the TIS installation takes about 6 hours to install once you are familiar with the process.
    David, I have winrar'd the download "BMW DISv44" and enclose a pic of the files within.
    There is no "Other.VMX" file inside. There is however a "Clone of BMW GT1v44.vmx", I tried using that one and it still came up with "No operating system found".

Regards

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    OK, so you have unrared the BMW DIS V44 folder, which you have then placed inside your "My Virtual Machines" folder. If you get a "no operating system found" it will be because you have not loaded VM ware - this must be installed before you start. Start VMware workstation and use the "open" option on the file menu to navigate to your "My Virtual Machines" folder, Open it, then open the BMW DIS v44 folder and locate the configuration file indicated here Open this file.pdf. Double click the file I have outlined and it should start in VMware (but the Virtual Machine will be powered off). From here you have 2 options:-
    1. Power on the Virtual Machine and allow it to go through the long-winded loading process, during which you will be prompted to answer a few dialogue boxes, (choose OK or "I copied it" as appropriate) until the VM loads; or,
    2. From the VM dropdown menu, choose "Snapshot Manager" then Revert to Snapshot, which will quickly load the entire VM (you will also need to answer a few dialogue boxes as it loads).

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    David,
    Sorry there has been no communication recently... Have been working away.

Ok so I have now reinstalled XP: VMWare 6.51 and inserted your winrar'd folders.
    Have Managed to "Revert to Snapshot" to get up the startup screen for DIS.
    However thats as far as it goes. There are several menu buttons and only two that are active,
    1. is the Services Button which only displays the version.
    2. is the End button which just shuts DIS down.
    See Attached:

Clone of BMW GT1v44-2016-09-18-12-58-22.png
    but nothing else happens... Just sits there. no menus to activate any form of service panels etc.

Regards

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    OK just so that we are on the same page. You need to ensure that the EDIABAS Server is closed and that you start the IFHSrv32 Netserver ( found in c:/EDIABAS/Bin) before you start DIS and revert to the snapshot. From there connect your interface to your car and try the diagnosis button.

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    Well Done Dave.....You finally got me there.....
    Just one thing..I am particulary interested in the Coding/Programming Button.
    I am looking to align ...Re-align my ews to dme and its in this section.
    However nothing is happening when I activate the button it seems to hang...
    Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I also have another problem reloading INPA when I get to the Configuration page and chose "BMW Group Rectification Programs UK" Clicking Next I get this error:
    (Won't attach the BMP)
    error message says:A LZH Archive not found 'D:/DOCUMENTS.LZH'
    I have checked out all the LZH files in the download but there's no such file and def no file in the root dir....?

Regards

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The "missing LZH Archive" error occurs when you attempt to install INPA directly from the desktop, rather than from an installation (data) disk and results from the files not being fully extracted. If you are using DIS v44, you will need to resolve this by reinstalling INPA (PM me with the version of EDIABAS and adapter type you are using). If you have updated your DIS v44 installation to DIS v57, coding and programming functionality will be lost as v44 was the last version of DIS with this functionality.

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    They were the versions as per 4share site.
    Update auf 5.0.2
    INPA\VERSION.TXT
    INPA\BIN\INPA.EXE
    INPA\BIN\INPALOAD.EXE
    INPA\BIN\INPACOMP.EXE
    INPA\DEMO\TEST50X_32.IPS
    ----------------------------
    Ediabas 6.4.7 and Inpa 5.02.iso

The adapter I will be using is an ADS Configurisation

regards

My Cars
    1996 E36 2.8i Coupe
    David
    I have found earlier versions included within the original downloads from 4Share.
    EDIABAS 6-43.old
    INPA 4.47.old
    are these the better versions for me...?
    regards

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    INPA v4.4.7 (aka v3.01)/EDIABAS v6.4.3 is functionally excellent for pre-2000 cars as it has the ability to conduct a complete diagnostic of the cars it covers with a single command. EDIABAS v6.4.7 however no longer uses FAB files, which in some senses disabled some of the more useful aspects of the earlier version, however later versions of INPA give wider model coverage due to the increased number of files. Use what works.

My Cars
    Bmw E46

Help

INPA v4.4.7 (aka v3.01)/EDIABAS v6.4.3 is functionally excellent for pre-2000 cars as it has the ability to conduct a complete diagnostic of the cars it covers with a single command. EDIABAS v6.4.7 however no longer uses FAB files, which in some senses disabled some of the more useful aspects of the earlier version, however later versions of INPA give wider model coverage due to the increased number of files. Use what works.
    Please help.i get bus erorr 200.13

My Cars
    Bmw E46
    Heloo david..
    Can you help me??
    I get erorr 200.13
    And i not entered control modul.
    Sorry my english not good

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You need to use the Administration tab to access the DIS configure-matic menu via the Calibrating Touch Screen button and 1,2,3,4,5 password, then run an APItest to ensure that DIS is communicating with EDIABAS over your Virtual Network.

My Cars
    Bmw E46
    I use a cable shack blue
    I could never detect cars with automatic.
    Ichoose a car with a manual and always get erorr when choosing modul 200.13,

- - - Updated - - -

can i know your email, so I can send you pictures.

My Cars
    E21, E28, E36, E46

200.19 error

Evening guys, recently completed a Inpa and DIS v44 install as I need to re-code my E46 320d dde3.0 ecu so it can take adequately the updated maf sensor body and have correct measurements. So fare I have managed to get good connection between ediabas and dis via ifhsrv32. API test is good and I can manualy connect to the car and retrieve data from the dde. The problem is that as soon as I try to connect with any of the other modules in the car I get the 200.19 error for comunication. Anyone have been trough such problem? I believe my cable is a KKL vag com one, non modified. Thx in advance.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    You could do with the pin 7+8 mod of them being soldered together as all of the body modules talk on pin8, only the engine and autoboxes are on pin 7.

Giftschrank Projekt

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738 LastLast