Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    1999 Ford Explorer Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvis View Post
    and still if you press the diagnose button nothing happen?
    I haven't tried it in a couple weeks, but as far as I know yes.

The only thing I can think of is RAM... the VM is limited to 136 MB of RAM because that machine is so crappy. Do you think that the Diagnose function requires more RAM than that?

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeIsLuke View Post
    I haven't tried it in a couple weeks, but as far as I know yes.

The only thing I can think of is RAM... the VM is limited to 136 MB of RAM because that machine is so crappy. Do you think that the Diagnose function requires more RAM than that?
    I am really not sure, I have 256M enabled and it works great, but like I said, I do not really understand because till you have selected your car DIS is not communicating to the car at all.

But if you try again and it does not work please let us know and maybe we can help

Cheers

My Cars
    my isnt loading i installed it but it freezes at the "system is coming up"

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    maybe an idea, have you tried and press "ctrl SysRq" when it freeze and see if you can access SCOADMIN? if you can access SCOADMIN try and setup the network cards allready and restart then with init 6

you have to be patient for DIS to start, sometimes it takes a long time, I know it is fine line to decide if your machine is frozen or if you just need to be patient.. many times my laptop froze so badly that I had to hard reset the laptop.

did you set the virtual machine up as per instructions, removed the sound card, etc etc?

it is tricky to set the system up to work on DIS, my machine froze a lot as well when I did the setup initially, I just persevered and took snapshots as I progressed to save all the hazzle of reinstall every time, now that it is up and running I cannot remember when last it froze.

the only way I freeze my laptop now is when I do not shut off in a certain order

what do you see on the screen when you virtual machine freeze?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    This VM software running on older laptops is slow. When its reserving memory and setting up the UNIX disk space is laborious. Mine takes about 7 minutes on a 1.8Ghz/1GB RAM machine.

Randomys machine is dual processor and boots DIS in about 1.5 minutes.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvis View Post
    maybe an idea, have you tried and press "ctrl SysRq" when it freeze and see if you can access SCOADMIN? if you can access SCOADMIN try and setup the network cards allready and restart then with init 6

you have to be patient for DIS to start, sometimes it takes a long time, I know it is fine line to decide if your machine is frozen or if you just need to be patient.. many times my laptop froze so badly that I had to hard reset the laptop.

did you set the virtual machine up as per instructions, removed the sound card, etc etc?

it is tricky to set the system up to work on DIS, my machine froze a lot as well when I did the setup initially, I just persevered and took snapshots as I progressed to save all the hazzle of reinstall every time, now that it is up and running I cannot remember when last it froze.

the only way I freeze my laptop now is when I do not shut off in a certain order

what do you see on the screen when you virtual machine freeze?
    whats keys are for sysrq? and to be honest i dont know if it froze i will leave it on all night and see what happens, it should work in the next 4 or 5 hours if not i guess its frozen haha, but thanks for the help

my laptop isnt frozen i am using it i hit clt and alt to leave vmware. could that be an issue as well?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    This VM software running on older laptops is slow. When its reserving memory and setting up the UNIX disk space is laborious. Mine takes about 7 minutes on a 1.8Ghz/1GB RAM machine.

Randomys machine is dual processor and boots DIS in about 1.5 minutes.
    i havnt finished installing so i am lost at the moment, my computer has 4gb memory intel core 2 duo and 300gb hdd
    Last edited by Junaid; 02-10-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    your computer should be able to run VMWare no problem..

"SysRq" is the same key than the "Prt Sc" (Print Screen).

If you hit "Ctrl plus SysRq" and you enter the Unix environment it shows that the virtual machine is not frozen but that something is not happening inside Unix.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I run this on a dual core laptop, but have set the VM up with 512Mb of memory in stead of 256Mb. - Fairly quick.

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Right. I should have stated mine is VM setting of 1024MB. Maybe this is a cause?

This is all the RAM I have. Should I back it down to 512?
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg

My Cars
    ya my vmware became frozen

edit: it worked on my cousins computer but not mine, i followed all the instructions but it still didnt work, i am confused now
    Last edited by Junaid; 02-10-2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you are running Vista on your host computer OS, I would back it all the way down to 256MB. Vista is fairly resource-hungry.

My Cars
    69 cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    It's there all right, this is the link http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/7...ng.html?rnd=93 (remember to use "help")
    i was trying to download the pdf file for the seat occupancy sensor but it needs a password to dl the file. any idea what it might be?

Thanks ,
    Toco004

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    um...

help <- password

My Cars
    69 cougar
    OOO lol damn i read it wrong , thanks icemanBHE .
    Last edited by toco004; 02-15-2010 at 05:50 PM.

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36

My Cars
    1997 540i Touring
    What is the password In thread #7 if I wanna download anything from NCS folder?
    "help" doesn't work
    It works only in the root folder, but I need INPA :-)
    I have just purchased my KKL cable and the 20 pin adapter, and being excited to try it. Is this INPA works with the same interfaces like the INPA 5.02?
    THANKS!!!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You have email.

My Cars
    69 cougar
    when i extrack the gtv44 i get a msg
    "! C:\Users\admin\Downloads\GTv44\GT_v44_part09.rar: Cannot set GT1_v44_programs.iso security data
    ! This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object."

is this ok because the file was extraced and does not say it was corrupted , it also says the same for the easyDis when i extrack those. and got them from the 4shared.com folder.

thanks,
    toco004
    Last edited by toco004; 02-18-2010 at 11:48 AM.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    thats a message from windows saying it cant assign ownership to this newly created file. Should be alright as long as you can still access the file.

My Cars
    BMW E46 328I, 1999
    First of all.. I would like to thank Mr. DavidMc.
    After he published the thread of " Carsoft success" which help many people here to diagnose there bimmers with no need to give to the stealer or a work shope which will charge them $$$ for one simple thing like " Oil Reset" service. He is now publishing another thread "DIS/GT1 Success".

Mr.David.. this forum is like a diamond ring. And You R the dimond of this ring.And No value for the ring with out the diamond.

Mr. David I have some Q, about this DIS/GT1.
    What can this one do more than Carsoft?
    Is it full function like what we hear about "GT1/DIS/SSS". Or this one is like a light copy of GT1?
    Can this work with carsoft cables and inetrface, or it needs another interface?

Thanks
    Last edited by Maxi; 02-22-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    BMW e46 328i, Deep Blue.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Maxi, thank you for your kind comments. DIS/GT1 offers full functionality and the ability to access all dealer functions on your car. Versions up to v44 have the ability to perform programming and coding functions as well as diagnostics, whereas later versions like v53, v57 etc required the use of SSS to perform coding and programming with diagnostics being performed via GT1. Essentially DIS/GT1/SSS is a simplified means of using the advanced EDIABAS functions which would ordinarily require advanced understanding of programming/coding using NFS/NCS and diagnostics using INPA. DIS/GT1/SSS has the ability to provide deeper explanantion of diagnostic trouble codes and a simplified guide to repairs in language that is easily understood. Basically it is a user-friendly interface for INPA/EDIABAS/NCS/NFS.

My Cars
    BMW E46 328I, 1999
    So, Can I use it with my Carsoft cables, interface?
    BMW e46 328i, Deep Blue.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes, Randomy has written an excellent guide on setting up DIS for use with Carsoft Cables.

My Cars
    69 cougar
    just quick question. where would be the best place to get the cables for gt1? i have everything already setup but i have no interface LOL i just have a elm usb . what is the best place to get the gt1 cables? also 4share would not let me dl impa hmm.

Thanks David Mc and everyone for your help.

Toco004

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you are going to use a Carsoft Interface, I would only recommend Carsoftwest. The type of interface will depend to some degree on what model car you are diagnosing.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast