Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    93 e30 327i / 95 e34 540
    Hi All.
    After fiddling around for about 16 hours i still won't get dis to work...

IBM T30 Notebook
    VMWare Workstation 7.1
    EasyDIS v44 etc.
    Ediabas 6.4.7
    INPA 4.4.7 (the whole package, everythings works fine!)
    yellow DoItAuto serial ADS/OBD Interface
    testing on my e34

I installed everything exactly as mentioned here, in the manuals on 4share... in the end its all the same. VMnet1 to 68 and so on, vm set to off...

And still no connection to the car, APITest gets me a NET-0016 Host Error

Many thanks in advance for any help!

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Quote Originally Posted by cheffi View Post
    And still no connection to the car, APITest gets me a NET-0016 Host Error
    Forget about hooking DIS machine up to the car until you have passed the API test. It will not work until there is full & proper communication between your virtual machine & local machine.
    The start of this thread is the guide but it is missing a piece of information regarding the changes needed to the following:
    - editing the "hosts file"
    - the deletion & re-addition of the network adapter in the Scoadmin section.

Have a read of my post here, these were my findings when I figured out where I was going wrong when I was at the stage you are currently at:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=304
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    93 e30 327i / 95 e34 540
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Forget about hooking DIS machine up to the car until you have passed the API test. It will not work until there is full & proper communication between your virtual machine & local machine.
    The start of this thread is the guide but it is missing a piece of information regarding the changes needed to the following:
    - editing the "hosts file"
    - the deletion & re-addition of the network adapter in the Scoadmin section.

Have a read of my post here, these were my findings when I figured out where I was going wrong when I was at the stage you are currently at:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=304
    already done this several times... re add one adapter, all three... whatever..
    as is said, i've read quite a few guides

oh, and yes, no firewall or virus stuff running

My Cars
    1995 BMW TD

Thumbs up

Remove + Disable your antivirus + firewall - that is a BIG MUST!

Run IFHSRV32.exe before running DIS, once the IFHSRV32 is in the lower task bar start DIS.

Possibly revert back to Ediabas v6.4.3 ( I used v6.4.7 & got errors & time out probs on the APITEST)

Once in DIS main menu goto ADMIN>Calibration Screen>Password

On the Easy Dis Config Page.

Choose option 1 to restart Ediabas

If it doesn't pass the APITEST go back & check the Network settings.

Also check you Ediabas.ini file to make sure you have added the correct details there too.

This Ediabas.ini file can also be checked in the DIS UNIX enviroment.

Also check the vi hosts in the UNIX enviroment to make sure you've added the extra "192.168.68.1 diaghead diaghead" line

The DIS v44 & v57 Installation Check PDF suggests towards the end of the document to remove the AMD PC-1 net Adapter that you were told to replace - You don't need to do that.

These are just a few tips I can give you.

I have asked plenty of questions over the last week or so, its probably a good idea if you have a look as I got my setup working through reading up all the posts.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1486697

I have pretty much the same equipment as you too.

All the best.
    Last edited by tsam19; 01-15-2011 at 04:50 PM.

My Cars
    93 e30 327i / 95 e34 540
    that was a typo, i have ediabas 6.4.3 installed, not the newer one.
    everything else is as it should be :/

edit: i can even ping 192.168.68.1 now for crying out loud...

----------------

just did yet another fresh install -> not changing the network adapter gives me a NET-0009 Timeout, just 68.1 pingable, nothing else
    --
    delete/add network adapter #1 -> NET-0016 Host Error, regardless of vm on/off, Ediabas IP 68.1 or 68.30, FISTER on
    --
    add Adapter #2 and #3 - when adding #3 --> Fatal Error: idinstall: Device Package already exists .... wtf? normal?
    --
    had to reboot because of this error, so did it again, just added #2 --> still host error. (btw: with vm on dis shows the head/gt1 network sign between battery and signals, shoud this also be there with vm off?)
    --
    all 3 adapters installed, still host error... goddammit... (also tried firewall on, port opened manually.....)
    --
    downgraded from workstation 7.1 to 6.0.5... still host error...

tried changing the gt1 ip in administration/system... didn't work either.
    everything is pingable, apitest under windows runs perfectly...

giving up is no option, just spend 300€ for this whole crap :/
    Last edited by cheffi; 01-16-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1995 BMW TD

Arrow

I had to do 2 fresh installs as I was getting error messages & didn't know what installer packages to use, 2nd time I made sure firewall was definitely off & antivrus was definitely removed completely.

Installed Ediabas v6.4.3 - http://dvsntt.com/INPA/

Created a shortcut to the desktop for the IFHSRV32.exe file.

Made sure the Ediabas.ini log file was configured correctly iaw the 4 needed documents for installation.

The Ediabas.ini file in the above website is missing "diaghead"

; RemoteHost
    ; Description : server address/name
    ; Default = diaghead
    RemoteHost = 192.168.68.1

Also manually RAN the ADS DRIVER.exe from within the Ediabas Hardware folder in the C:root folder - a DOS window will appear telling you to REBOOT your machine immediately before doing anything else DO IT!

Ran Ediabas & Inpa & made sure the program spoke to the car via the ADS/OBD unit.

Once I was confident of this I began to install DIS -

http://dvsntt.com/GT1/

Did you goto the Easy Dis Config Page & choose Option 7 - SCOADMIN NETWORK - Remove the last adapter only, then Readded the 1st NEW available one in the list that appears, then set it to SCO TCP/IP - agree to rebuild the Kernil link?

The last PDF file Check installation - suggests remove the new adapter & re add yet again, don't bother.

Once you've got this far, use the 8A supp PDF file to change the BDFLUSHR & BOOTBIOS=5000 settings - REBOOT

Finally Check the installation against the PDF file, there shouldn't be any changes in your settings - you've already confirmed you can ping.

Have a look at 'Sassho' article, anything missing on your setup in UNIX?
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...803202&page=12

Have a look at 'Champaign777' article anything missing on your set up?
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1385070&page=3

I used the 4 Docs mentioned on this page - every time I configured something or added something I REBOOTED from the correct way Easy Dis Config Page option 0.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1486697

The network or power signal strength bars shouldn't be visible as I was advised of this.

Did you configure the 'Serial Port' from your machines BIOS, before main boot up & set it to 'Enabled' with the default setting of IRQ4?

Again for trying to change the 'GT1ap' in the Admin/System you don't need to touch any of that.

I've also read that using vmware 7 can cause problems, I am using the specified one that everyone else used for this set up v 6.1 or similar.

As mentioned all the answers are in this section, especially the last few pages of this thread.

Maybe you should take a few pics during your set up stages & put a few on here, because if your using the same docs I used your set up should work.

Not sure why you are getting all these 'error' messages?

Not sure what else to suggest - all the best!

My Cars
    93 e30 327i / 95 e34 540
    thanks tsam, i'm right now at a really complete fresh install, new hd, new windows etc...
    as for your points.. check to absolutley everything but i'll do any point again

i'll report back if any success or not :/

as for the serial port: yes, enabled and well configured, inpa runs like a dream with ads

-----

stupid question: which deactivatable virus scanners do you guys use? i mean an internet enabled windows machine, completly without anything... risky business

----

when relinking the kernel... i don't see anyone screenshotting this one... is this error message ok?

------
    SUCCESS!!!!

yeah baby yeah... apitest runs...

so in short:

- used only ediabas 6.4.3 / easygt from help account (maybe mine was damaged somehow)
    - installed as manual said
    - set bdflushr to 30
    - configure hosts
    - del/add network adapter
    - vm off / fister
    - voila...

could've been so easy...

----

everything working fine. And btw: Avira AntiVir running, causes no problems at all!
    Windows Firewall still off.
    Last edited by cheffi; 01-18-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 M3
    I got everything installed, and even passed the APItest. I cannot get any auto-recognition for my vehicle, nor any communication between the DIS and my laptop. I am assuming that my lack of understanding of what was needed in the cable is the issue. Can someone please verify that this cable would either work or not?

http://144mph.com/OBD2-16-PIN-to-DB9...-P1292143.aspx

I'm assuming not due to the lack of interface and will be ordering this one instead...

http://144mph.com/NEW-EdiabasINPA-4-...-P1404659.aspx

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The first link is just a cable - you need a cable AND an interface,
    ie:- COMPUTER--->CABLE--->INTERFACE--->CABLE--->CAR DIAGNOSTIC PORT.

Some interfaces plug directly into the car's OBD Port (like the second link) or can be connected to the round 20 pin port under the hood via the adapter cable supplied.

Note that this interface only connects to a computer serial port - similar setups are available on Ebay that connect to a USB port.

My Cars
    2001 M3
    Yes, that's what I realized yesterday when I was trying to get it to work with just the cable w/o an interface

So you think the second cable would work? I went ahead and ordered it. Hopefully that's all I have to do to get this working! I think I have everything in the VM set up properly.

David, did I read it right in an earlier post that if you pass the APItest that it should communicate (assuming the proper interface)?

Also, I heard the USB cables were unreliable, which is why I got a serial port.
    Last edited by dbindock; 02-10-2011 at 04:55 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you pass the APItest, you are 98% certain of having a working installation and yes, a true serial port works best.

My Cars
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you pass the APItest, you are 98% certain of having a working installation and yes, a true serial port works best.
    ...but will the second cable he listed work? I'm at the "cabling" part of this saga now too!! I'd like something that is serial and would work with OBDI and II. The second link provided by dBindock seems to be the correct option but I'd like someone to acknowledge that or point me(us)in the right direction. I currently have a vagcom cable I use on VW's but I really don't want to modify that one.

Thanks!
    Don

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i
    The first link is just a cable - you need a cable AND an interface,
    ie:- COMPUTER--->CABLE--->INTERFACE--->CABLE--->CAR DIAGNOSTIC PORT.

Some interfaces plug directly into the car's OBD Port (like the second link) or can be connected to the round 20 pin port under the hood via the adapter cable supplied.

Note that this interface only connects to a computer serial port - similar setups are available on Ebay that connect to a USB port.
    So David, you are saying that this is the correct cable to use:
    http://144mph.com/NEW-EdiabasINPA-4-...-P1404659.aspx
    And the Ediabas.ini file in the c:/EDIABAS/bin folder should be set to "interface = ADS" as well as "translator set as "FISTER" and in protocols Vm set to not run" under calibrate touch screen in DIS/GT1? Then all should be good, assuming you pass the API test?
    Last edited by switlikbob; 02-14-2011 at 03:00 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Switlikbob, the link does not work, but from memory the cable you are referring to is an INPA/EDIABAS compatible OBD cable (which will not give access to all modules on an ADS compliant car like the E36). For an E36, if you were to use a switchable ADS/OBD interface, such as the one sold by rv8flyboy with the settings you mention, then yes, you should have a working installation.

dcvee, older cars are ADS compliant (this is easily determined from the fact that they have a metallic contact fitted to pin 15 of the 20 pin diagnostic port under the hood). The interface you mention is designed for use with later cars with no contact fitted to pin 15 of the 20 pin port (or which are fitted with a 16 pin port in the driver's footwell under the dash).

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i
    Thanks David. I fixed the link. So for my obd1 car and rv8flyboy's interface I should be good? Or do I need a cable in conjunction with his interface? (I will be using the serial connection on my laptop).

Sorry for the confusion, but the interface versus cable thing has me flustered.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you speak to Gert he has cables for his interfaces.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    hey david,
    after finally get dis set up and running using usb(with alot of help from you) i have decided to get one of rv8flyboys cables,what do i need to alter to make the switch?
    thanks,
    jamie

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The first thing you will need is a computer with a true serial port as ADS only works with a true serial connection, then it's just a matter of modifying your Interface =*** statement in Ediabas.ini to Interface =ADS.

My Cars
    02 M3 smg
    I am sorry to be a pain in the ass but i am somewhat lost. can someone please help me get back on track.
    1) what software do i need to download ? could you put the name and a link next to it as to where i can download it from.
    2) what hardware do i need to be able to run this software/emulator other than a laptop ? could you also post the name and a link to where i can purchase that specific hardware from.
    3) Finally, is there a step by step instruction that i could follow to be able to install and setup my laptop to work with this software ?
    I have been reading for the past 5 hours so much info that when i think i understand what is going on, i find my self lost even further and further.
    currently, what i got out of all my reading is that i need to download
    VMWare Workstation
    EasyDIS v44
    Ediabas 6.4.7
    INPA
    which is what i am currently doing.
    I apologize in advance if i sound like a total dummy, i just have no idea where to get the cables/hardware or how to install the software.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You will have to Google for vmware.
    Instructions http://www.4shared.com/document/Z9jj...tallation.html , http://www.4shared.com/document/sOgv...Supp_Page.html and http://www.4shared.com/document/X3jz...HIS_FIRST.html

Software:
    EasyDIS http://www.4shared.com/dir/1qV3DocN/EasyDIS.html
    DIS v 44 Programs http://www.4shared.com/dir/ceHPdWUa/GT_v44_.html
    Daemontools http://www.4shared.com/file/61S-SNa2...daemon347.html

Password for all the above is help

INPA v 3.01/EDIABAS v 6.4.3 http://www.4shared.com/dir/3U37f2mH/NCS.html Password is INPA

Short of finding someone to install it for you, this is as easy as it gets.

My Cars
    02 M3 smg
    David, thank you for the quick response. would you tell me which module i would need that goes between the serial cable and the OBDII ? i saw there was alot of them and i am not sure which one is the one i should buy.
    Also, the links for both EasyDis and Dis v44 dont work, i already have the Dis v44 downloaded tho.
    thanks again David
    Last edited by mickaphely; 02-17-2011 at 05:22 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I just tested the links and both are working, if your car was built between 2000 and 2007 I would use an INPA/EDIABAS Compatible OBD cable.

My Cars
    02 M3 smg
    Thats weird, i just tried those links in both interenet explorer and google chrome and i keep getting a "The file link that you requested is not valid. " error.
    also, do you mean that i don't need that "module" that goes in between the serial cable and OBDII ? i just need a cable that runs from the computer to the OBDII ? a link would also be great.
    Thanks David,
    Mike

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i

My Cars
    02 M3 smg
    this is what i get when i click on the links

Thank you for the link.
    Last edited by mickaphely; 02-17-2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast