Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Quote Originally Posted by henrikhahn View Post
    At least that worked for me with a brand new EML. Thanks again for your help.
    Thats why. Its about 50/50 to smoke a EML module. Being new probably didnt have any data to get garbled up.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    750i - X5 - X4
    Hi, not able to question the 50/50 to smoke a module, but if it helps, have a little more info. My EML was new from dealer, but not completely empty (I think) for data since I coded it in Progman to start with. Also had the engine started several times (only idle was possible because of the missing basic adaptation).

Fooling around in Progman (V32) also found out that the basic adaptation of EML/PWG cannot be done here if you initially choose E38-model. Nowhere is there any option for basic adaption. But if instead choose the 8-series/E31 model/Programming/ you will get a range of different E-models to choose from and here there is an option under E38/EML-PWG to do the basic adaption although I could not figue out how to do even with on-screen info on when to push the pedal! (have some photo if anyone interested). Then it turned out to be much easier in INPA!

The car now runs like new, smooth like never before, but a very expensive experience. :-) H

My Cars
    Audi S3, BMW X5 E53
    thank you David Mc

My Cars
    1999 BMW 320i
    Hello,
    I have an odd error on GT1. When I enter DIS or TIS it does load a bit, but the sand clock doesn't get out (I mean that symbol: ), and I can't do anything. The api test works (ie. its got connection to the ifhrs server), but I don't have the interface... (btw. the cd-s have to be mounted?)

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Marko, the CD's should not have to be mounted unless you are using TIS and have installed it to run from CD rather than your hard drive. The system will take up to 3 minutes to load from the time you power on the virtual machine, but if you attempt to run a diagnosis without an interface connected, the hourglass (sand clock) will display as the system is attempting to search for your interface and vehicle. Eventually it will stall and return with an error message.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 320i
    Ooo, thanks for that information Then I just need to get a kkl interface and modifie the battery/ignition detecion.

My Cars
    2001 BMW E39 M-Sport
    Hi Guys, Just downloaded all the files from the 4shared site. I noticed the DIS User Guide link not working?
    I have downloaded all other files, got the OBDII interface in the mail now just to find a cheap dedicated lap top with serial port.

Thanks,
    Sulio

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    It's Christmas Day in the US, I think the server has crashed. PM me with an email address that can accept an enclosure and I will send it to you.

My Cars
    2001 BMW E39 M-Sport
    David, just tried again this morning and it now works so must have just been temporarliy down.

Thanks,
    Sulio

My Cars
    m3 - 98
    Ok..

I read a lot, did the read me first...

now apitest work... but i can't diagnose..
    carsoft is working and inpa too... but not DIS..

I look like that I can t use carsoft or inpa when I'm in DIS.. but DIS doesnt work.. (bug when trying to diagnose DME)
    I feel I'm near the solution..

any tips?

thanks
    Last edited by nidecker; 01-05-2011 at 02:40 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Nidecker, what interface are you using and have you tried running the diagnostic with the engine running? Also, make sure you have disabled antivirus software and firewalls.

My Cars
    m3 - 98
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Nidecker, what interface are you using and have you tried running the diagnostic with the engine running? Also, make sure you have disabled antivirus software and firewalls.
    engine is not running, only ignition on. (I'll try with engine running...)
    I'm using a carsoft 6.5 interface with 20pin connector.
    thanks for you help.

there is no light lighting from the module, but there is if I stop gt1 and try inpa.
    Last edited by nidecker; 01-05-2011 at 09:21 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure that your antivirus and firewall programs are disabled, interface buffer settings are both set to 8, then start the IFHSrv32 netserver and DIS. Return to Carsoft and run a diagnostic and when the result returns, run a diagnostic in DIS and quickly close Carsoft. These interfaces are not ideal for use with DIS and even the most seasoned users usually abandon using them with DIS due to comms problems.

My Cars
    m3 - 98
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Make sure that your antivirus and firewall programs are disabled, interface buffer settings are both set to 8, then start the IFHSrv32 netserver and DIS. Return to Carsoft and run a diagnostic and when the result returns, run a diagnostic in DIS and quickly close Carsoft. These interfaces are not ideal for use with DIS and even the most seasoned users usually abandon using them with DIS due to comms problems.
    If I could I would not use DIS but I have difficulty with Carsoft and INPA to reset my airbag (diagnostic is ok but I have API error (ECU_problem) trying to reset it in INPA) and I can't access my ASC/ABS module with either carsoft and INPA. So I pray that DIS will work.

thanks for you help

update :It's not working again... I tried all you said and also tried the obd.ini (into windows and ediabas/bin)... I don't have error trying to disgnose now (used to have 200.133)... It's long again but no error, I only have an exclamation point that appear at the left of the DME sign... with airbag I have code 800.102 ... hope to have it one day...
    Are you able to reset ASC and ABS With DIS? for e36 M3 1998 ?
    thanks
    Last edited by nidecker; 01-05-2011 at 08:48 PM.

My Cars
    :/
    Thanks David and Randomy! I just installed this on my mac using VM ware fusion. The options were all in different places but I have it up and running. I'm not sure how the INPA and EDIABAS are going to work on here but its worth a try.
    Last edited by fr3nch; 01-05-2011 at 09:07 PM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Anyone any luck on running EDIABAS / NSC Expert /Inpa under VM ware on Win7?
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    EX E46,NOW E60 3.0dA
    Can anyone tell me at the begining of instalation in vmware workstation if you choose bridget networking or i need to select host-only networking?I have instaled inpa v 3.01 and now i want to install easydis v44 posted on 4shared.
    P.S At instalation of INPA a have been selecting BMW RECTIFICATION PROGRAM UK,is this ok?
    THANK YOU.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Kathalin, you will find full installation instructions in the Easy GT folder on the 4shared site - use host-only network and yes, BMW rectification program UK is a valid choice, but you would probably find the US version to be more relevant to your car unless it is a Euro-spec import.

My Cars
    EX E46,NOW E60 3.0dA
    Thank David,i finaly manage to instal succefuly easydis but at the begining ,but it seem's that INPA isn't working.I opened INPA V3.0.8 and nothing happened,and i was tryng to fiind obd.ini in ediabas/bin and it doesn't exist.Where i am mistaking?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Installing DIS should not affect functionality of INPA at all, as INPA is installed under Windows and DIS is a UNIX program installed under vmware. Make sure that you are opening INPA using the INPA(_.IPO) option. You will find EDIABAS.ini in c:\EDIABAS\Bin (the icon will be labelled as EDIABAS and looks like a page of text with a gear cog superimposed on it. This will need to be opened and edited using notepad).

My Cars
    EX E46,NOW E60 3.0dA
    Thank you again and a 100000time David ,on my laptop a have 2 partition and at the instalation on INPA a have selectet to instal on drive D,the drive C is the one with Windows,from this thing it seem that the ediabas.ini file had all the way at all path's drive C:/ecu,etc.... and i have modified the file ant typed d:/ecu and so on.I will try tomorow on the car,if i will not succed i will going to erase and give it a fresh instal on drive C.
    THANK YOU !!You have all my respect!
    UPDATE-IT IS WORKING!!!But somethimes the INPA on the information menu it says malfuntion with the interface or something like that,i have unplug the cable and problem solved,but not entirly,becose it reapear's.
    Last edited by KATHALIN; 01-12-2011 at 12:22 PM.

My Cars
    2004 BWM 330i ZHP
    This was quite the project. I finally got this to work on an asus netbook. After reading all of this, I believe my cable needs to be modified. I have an e46, I'm using a usb obd2 cable. I've got everything looking good, the diagnostic head was recognized, connected fine. API test passed. When diagnosing, automatic detection failed, I went manual. I chose 330i_SAL, US, Sept 03. I performed the short test. The only 2 things detected are DME and Transmission. Here's the screenshot:

Or is this all there is for the e46?

My cable appears to be FTDI, as these are the drivers I used to install it:
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
    Last edited by Tampa330i; 01-13-2011 at 09:29 AM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW TD

Question

Can anyone explain and confirm why you need to ADD 2 additional ETHERNET adapters when setting up Easy DIS virtual machine settings?

As explained in the Easy Dis Install Guide?

Surely if so they should represent the same settings in the Network Editor section.

VMNET0 - BRIDGED
    VMNET1 - HOST
    VMNET8 - NAT

But they don't, all 3 are set to HOST ONLY??

Doesn't make sense!!

Also what are the correct IP settings for VMNET 0,1 & 8?

VMNET 0??
    VMNET (1) 192.168.68.0 - SUBMASK 255.255.255.0??
    VMNET (8) 192.168.175.0 - SUBMASK 255.255.255.0??
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Vmnet0 - Bridged to an automatically chosen network adapter
    Vmnet1 - IP 192.168.68.0, Subnet 255.255.255.0 (a private network shared with the host computer)
    Vmnet8 - IP 192.168.175.0, Subnet 255.255.255.0 (Used to share the host computer's IP address).

When you actually install DIS you will realise that there is a loopback adapter as well as the AMD PCNet PC1 adapter.

DIS needs to talk to the interface, which needs to use EDIABAS installed under Windows, so the Virtual Machine needs to talk to the host computer.

My Cars
    1995 BMW TD

Question

Cheers David for confirming the VMNET IP addresses, I'm restarting my Easy DIS install yet again, based on all the info included in the 4 documents I downloaded from you.

Really thats all I should need right??

After reading everyone else's exploits on how they got dis to work or how they're going about it & the queries they have regarding the settings, it seems its not an EASY task.

I got to the point where I did the APITEST, only to keep getting a TIMEOUT message??

I looked at the PDF file "installation Check' - in the SCOadmin section, suggesting to REMOVE the newly installed AMD PC1 adapter then reinstall - Only I couldn't reinstall - there was nothing found!! - & again error log messages in the EASY DIS config Menu!!

Should I also be using the 'virtualdiagheadtool, as again I've read of peoples success uing this program with an ADS interface?

One thing I will ask is how do I get to configure the Ediabas.ini file in Unix
    as 'sassho did'?

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...803202&page=12

I think this is it - Type "vi EDIABAS.ini" after the 'hash' (without the quotes)

I have also installed TIS via virtual disc, in DIS - I was asked presumably the 'source or destination' upon choosing this:

CD
    Hard Drive

I chose hard drive, so if TIS is now installed on the hard drive, how can this be accessed when I start up DIS again?

Got it - TIS is in bold when rebooted DIS.

Thanks
    Last edited by tsam19; 01-14-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast