Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    hover, can you send me another email, I don't have messenger, but can send you the links.

My Cars
    2003 745li
    The last time I tried to install EasyDIS after completion I could not revert to windows.

Would EasyDIS install properly if I had the program point to the directory the .rar file resided?
    Last edited by fxstsb; 11-20-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    To revert to Windows is simply a matter of pressing Crtl+Alt, then moving the mouse to the top of the screen to access the toolbar. If this can't be done it probably has more to do with your vmware installation than EasyDIS.

My Cars
    2003 745li
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    To revert to Windows is simply a matter of pressing Crtl+Alt, then moving the mouse to the top of the screen to access the toolbar. If this can't be done it probably has more to do with your vmware installation than EasyDIS.
    Very much thanks. Sometimes this mission is frustrating.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

which vmware version?

Quote Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
    The internet. Check it out.

Check out all the threads stickied on here. you should find a link to 6.5 which is better only from the sense that all the guides are based on it. w/v7 you have to figure a few things out on your own, so if you are a colors by number type, you might want to track down 6.5. remember, this software is not free, so DL at your own risk.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=150

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&postcount=128

Soo is version 7 good to use with DIS? I have read mixed results about vers 7 ("Blood30": good?; "gcoop": not good") . I now have vmware vers. 7 and prefer to use it, but David do you or anyone else know if this will have problems in using DIS?

I am running windows xp sp3.
    Last edited by kahlilj; 11-24-2010 at 04:12 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I use vmware v6 and have no problems at all running DIS. As long as you use the recommended drive size (18.65Gb) with sufficient RAM (I use 512Mb) for your OS, you should not encounter any problems. Remember that Vista is more resource-hungry than XP, as I suspect Windows 7 is also, so you will need to adjust RAM upwards accordingly.

My Cars
    2003 E46 330d Touring
    Been reading this for a while and trying various things suggested in this thread but can't sort my problem.

I have a modified vagcom usb cable with pins 7 & 8 jumped and this works perfectly with INPA and can access all the modules with it - it doesn't detect ignition on but I'm not too fussed about that.

I've followed the guides for installing VMW DIS (including the supplementary page 8a) and cannot get it to connect to the car. It won't run API-Test and comes up with a message about timing out which leads me to suspect DIS isn't talking to EDIABAS properly.

I've got Ediabas.ini set up with interface = STD:OBD, Loadwin32 = 1 and the remotehost section set to default = diaghead and Remotehost = 192.168.68.1. Port = 6801 - all done as per the instructions.

I've sorted the BDFLUSHER to equal 30.

In VMWare I have VMNet 1 set to host only with subnet IP 192.168.68.0 and subnet Mask set to 255.255.255.0. The virtual machine was set up as per randomny's guide.

I've done all the stuff from the guide in SCOADMIN functions including changing the AMD PCNet adaptor. I've tried it it with both softing & Fister and the VM set to run and not run and still no difference - it just doesn't seem to be making the connection between DIS & IFHServ32. I'm always starting the server before I start VMWorkstation and run DIS.

Any suggestions of what to try next or look at would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Jon.

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by harveysduvet View Post
    Been reading this for a while and trying various things suggested in this thread but can't sort my problem.

I have a modified vagcom usb cable with pins 7 & 8 jumped and this works perfectly with INPA and can access all the modules with it - it doesn't detect ignition on but I'm not too fussed about that.

I've followed the guides for installing VMW DIS (including the supplementary page 8a) and cannot get it to connect to the car. It won't run API-Test and comes up with a message about timing out which leads me to suspect DIS isn't talking to EDIABAS properly.

I've got Ediabas.ini set up with interface = STD:OBD, Loadwin32 = 1 and the remotehost section set to default = diaghead and Remotehost = 192.168.68.1. Port = 6801 - all done as per the instructions.

I've sorted the BDFLUSHER to equal 30.

In VMWare I have VMNet 1 set to host only with subnet IP 192.168.68.0 and subnet Mask set to 255.255.255.0. The virtual machine was set up as per randomny's guide.

I've done all the stuff from the guide in SCOADMIN functions including changing the AMD PCNet adaptor. I've tried it it with both softing & Fister and the VM set to run and not run and still no difference - it just doesn't seem to be making the connection between DIS & IFHServ32. I'm always starting the server before I start VMWorkstation and run DIS.

Any suggestions of what to try next or look at would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Jon.

How many virtual network Adapters did you add in VMware DIS image and set to VMnet1?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2003 E46 330d Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer187 View Post
    How many virtual network Adapters did you add in VMware DIS image and set to VMnet1?
    I had three set up, as shown in the picture and it didn't work. I tried deleting two of them to leave only one and it still didn't work.

The message I'm getting when I run the API-Test is Fehlertext : NET-0009: TIMEOUT

Jon.
    Last edited by harveysduvet; 11-25-2010 at 11:08 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Here are 2 links that should help READ THIS FIRST.pdf You will need help to download this one http://www.4shared.com/document/3PKI...tion_Chec.html

My Cars
    1994 M3
    I have Dis GT1 v53 installed on my laptop.I use a modified usb vag com interface.Everything seems to be ok but when i enter to see a module(for example airbag) it says please wait... and nothing happens, no errors. The car is a 93' bmw 318is.Please help me

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    For E36s I think you can only use an ADS interface....
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    1994 M3
    I have a inpa usb interface with adaptor too. I put a picture with it.Will it work on bmw e36?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Hover, you will need an ADS interface to read supplementary modules such as the airbag module on an E36 as many of these modules communicate via the L line on your car.

My Cars
    97--Z3 & 97--328ic
    I got to the files on http://rapidshare.com/#!download|265...lish.torrent|2

but do I have to download them one by one?
    Is there a way other than subscribing to download them all?

Is there a Torrent that has it all?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Google "Internet Download Manager" (IDM) - it sped up my downloads considerably (like by a factor of 10).

My Cars
    BMW 328i Sport
    I was wondering if someone could give me some assistance?

I've got INPA running succesfully on an IBM T23 running XP using an ADS interface, but am struggling to get GT1 running... I've carefully followed all the instructions and have DIS installed in a VM with all the network settings configured (I think) correctly, apitest appears successfull but I get a low voltage error when trying to run diagnostics.

INPA says the battery voltage is good and I think the reason formyissue (though I don't understand why) is because I have the VM set to run under DIS calibrating touch screen menu.

The problem I have is that setting this option to "vm is off" won't stick and always reverts to "vm is on". Has anyone experienced this problem and found a resolution?

EDIT: Scratch the above, I was just being a muppet using the menu, all sorted and working now! Thank you to everyone who contributed to this forum, especially David Mc who's instructions worked perfectly for me first time. Now to have a play!
    Last edited by trickadero; 12-11-2010 at 08:32 AM.

My Cars
    750i - X5 - X4
    Hi, has anyone been able to solve the DIS problem described in thread 1545465. Have same problem, can make quick test in DIS and it recognises all modules and reads out error codes, but will not do the necessary further diagnosis of the EML module. Says it cannot read EML. I need to do the "basic adaptation of EML/PWG" that is hidden somewhere in diagnosis system. INPA can also read the EML, but cannot do the basic adaptation. Must be done in DIS. I run DIS V57, my car is a E38 from 5/99 with the M73TU engine. Any ideas?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You can erase the pedal sensor adaptation using INPA. Choose the engine, then EML and use the Activate Option (F6) from there erase adaptation using the F1 key.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Be very careful when erasing adaptive vales from M73 EMLs. Heard stories of INPA dont play nice.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    +1. I agree 100%.

My Cars
    750i - X5 - X4
    thanks David, fantastic, very, very helpful, finally I managed to do the basic adaptation of EML/PWG after I had cleaned the two throttles three months ago and got limp mode, only 6 cylinders running and dealer here in Argentina weren't able to fix anything. By reading a lot of threads in this excellent forum and elsewhere I got DIS and SSS up and running, installed new EML and PWG, coded them with SSS and now also did the crucial adaptation in INPA.

What might be of broader interest is how you actually do the basic adaptation, because it is not described anywhere. Start with ignition in position 2 (enigne off). After erasing the adaptation with the F1 key described by David above you go back with F10 and then push the "Learn" key (think it's F5) and immediately thereafter push the acc. pedal all the way to the stop (incl. kick down), then you see the lower bar going up to 3 where it stops, then release the pedal and you will see the upper bar slowly going down to zero. Then push the learn key again and push the pedal all the way to stop. You will then se the both bars going up and settle at 5, release pedal, and you'r done. Turn ignition off, wait 10 seconds and start. Not doing this basic adaption or "Learn" after erasing the adaptioin, you will only get idle. And that might also explain why so many had advised me not to do the erasing adaptation in INPA. At least that worked for me with a brand new EML. Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by henrikhahn; 12-19-2010 at 09:35 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Thanks Henri, this is great info and hopefully will help others who have encountered problems with resetting the adaptation.

My Cars
    Audi S3, BMW X5 E53
    David Mc,
    I'm working through all this documentation and have installed EasyDIS & GT44 from 4share, But i need to also download INPA from the NCS folder & need the password pelase

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You are going to feel silly - try INPA .
    Last edited by David Mc; 12-20-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast