Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    KJ, you are correct, same file, just split into different sized parts. The one from the 4shared site automatically continues to self-extract all parts into one parent file name, which should be the same size as the sum of each individually extracted part.

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    Thanks much to David Mc, NZM3CL & all the others who have been a wealth of help to all of us!

I've got a silly question: do I need to download all of the .rar files for gt1 v44?

On one file host site I have seen 21 parts for the this application (http://www.4shared.com/dir/LfFoCBq2/...s_Machine.html). On another site it was in 9 parts (slightly larger file sizes of course). I presume I need to extract all of the file parts, but when I do the file name is the same for each one. If all parts need to be extracte4d then how are y'all doing this simply renaming each new extracted file? What am I missing here?

Thanks,
    KJ

Yes you need all parts.

Click on the first part of the rar file with rightmouse button an choose extract here. It will unzip all parts to one file.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    KJ, you are correct, same file, just split into different sized parts. The one from the 4shared site automatically continues to self-extract all parts into one parent file name, which should be the same size as the sum of each individually extracted part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer187 View Post
    Yes you need all parts.

Click on the first part of the rar file with rightmouse button an choose extract here. It will unzip all parts to one file.

thanks for replying guys..... sooo, after i have downloaded each compressed file, i don't need to then extract each file separately & rename it? or when i download it from the 4shared site?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Correct, download all parts, then start extracting part 1 and the other parts will follow suit, recombining into a single, extracted file.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 320i limo
    Hi,

i have an ADS cable that works perfect in ADS mode with my E36, it is normal when i start DIS and diagnose my car, that the program find all sorts of modules (even xenon, ipd.) modules that are usualy found in newer cars? Of course it founds ABS, ASC and other models that i can connect flawlessly on. But where does it found the modules above?

Regards,

Luka

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The cable should only report on modules it has received a response from during a diagnostic, so if it reports a module, either that module exists or someone has activated coding options for modules that are not fitted.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    DIS is confusing. (And thus slow), because it tries to find ALL modules that could possibly be fitted to your car.

I runs thru the complete list module by module looking for them.

The ones that it finds are highlighted black. Modules that have errors, are marked with a X, and clean modules are marked with a !.

So because it does this, you may actually think that all of those modules are in your car.

This is why DIS is slow.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2004 x5 3.0, 1998 328ic
    My cable finally showed up. Do I need to install the driver cd that came with it?

My Cars
    BMW 730D ,2004
    If anyone need DIS user manual.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    McMerc
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssae View Post
    If anyone need DIS user manual.

Top man, I've been looking for this for a while! Don't give up on DIS, I managed to get it all up and running in less than a day. I'll try to help as much as I can if you're stuck.

EDIT: Does anyone have a manual for the CODING part of DIS?
    Last edited by Sel The Don; 10-31-2010 at 08:54 AM.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Just a gripe here, and don't take it the wrong way I REALLY appreciate the efforts put in by the guys to show how to do this, but what is the deal with the BMW Diag community living in the IT dark ages for file sharing.

For a bunch of guys who are figuring out how to run VMWare virtual machines running SCO and emulating dealer hardware boxes, why do the only sources for the V.44 software seem to be on those heinous "wait or pay" filesharing sites!?!? Has nobody heard of BitTorrent or eMule!?!? If I can ever completely the 90000 hours of waiting I'll definitely try to seed a few of these damn things in a sensible way. There is no reason to force this stuff to be so difficult and to use a commercial site when those other P2P systems are ideal for this purpose...

</bitching-and-complaining>
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Correct, download all parts, then start extracting part 1 and the other parts will follow suit, recombining into a single, extracted file.
    attached is a screen shot of my folder after i downloaded all parts, then deleted the extra extracted parts. David, beemer187 , et. al., does this look right? i named the new extracted file "GT1_v44_programs"

thanks in advance guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    attached is a screen shot of my folder after i downloaded all parts, then deleted the extra extracted parts. David, beemer187 , et. al., does this look right? i named the new extracted file "GT1_v44_programs"

thanks in advance guys!
    Yes that's good, the files part01-part09 can be deleted. Now you can use GT1_v44_programs.iso.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer187 View Post
    Yes that's good, the files part01-part09 can be deleted. Now you can use GT1_v44_programs.iso.
    great! thanks beemer & davidmc

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    .....why do the only sources for the V.44 software seem to be on those heinous "wait or pay" filesharing sites!?!? Has nobody heard of BitTorrent or eMule!?!? If I can ever completely the 90000 hours of waiting I'll definitely try to seed a few of these damn things in a sensible way. There is no reason to force this stuff to be so difficult and to use a commercial site when those other P2P systems are ideal for this purpose...
    It costs $5.99 for 500 "rapids" on Rapidshare, that is 500 file downloads at high speed, you can also use SSL to encrypt the data so your ISP doesn't know what you are downloading. I don't think that is too much to be honest.
    The bigger gripe I would have as an engineer I should be disappointed that the work of my fellow engineers was being pirated. However I hold the view that engineers should be allowed to acquire other people's work as long the gain is not for commercial purposes.
    Bit Torrent or UTorrent or whatever is far slower, I am converted to the notion that new groups is actually the way forward for those who currently use Bit Torrent which is a step beyond Rapidshare & the likes.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    -00 BMW 740
    Just a gripe here, and don't take it the wrong way I REALLY appreciate the efforts put in by the guys to show how to do this, but what is the deal with the BMW Diag community living in the IT dark ages for file sharing.

For a bunch of guys who are figuring out how to run VMWare virtual machines running SCO and emulating dealer hardware boxes, why do the only sources for the V.44 software seem to be on those heinous "wait or pay" filesharing sites!?!? Has nobody heard of BitTorrent or eMule!?!? If I can ever completely the 90000 hours of waiting I'll definitely try to seed a few of these damn things in a sensible way. There is no reason to force this stuff to be so difficult and to use a commercial site when those other P2P systems are ideal for this purpose...

Use Jdownloader copy links and Jdownload do the rest
    http://jdownloader.org/download/index

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i
    Hi Guys,

So I bought new cabling stuff and I got it working quite easily.

I am using USB OBDII cabling.

I have just one issue - once coding and press set functions to vehicle I am stucked on turn ignition off and on again and if I would like to code it or not.

Even I was doing off & on with ignittion and the yes pressing I am getting still the same page all the time ....

I am able to run inpa DIS with diagnostic and I am able to go through coding my vehicle is automatically read out even setting ( coding ) is possible to read out but I am not able to put the new config...

Any Idea please ?

Thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Your interface is probably not detecting the changes in your ignition signal.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhendrix View Post
    Hi Guys,

So I bought new cabling stuff and I got it working quite easily.

I am using USB OBDII cabling.
    Jimmy - where did you get your USB OBDII cable?

I think I'm going to buy the cheap generic USB VAG-COM and do the mods to get full featurenality. I'd prefer something I didn't have to mod myself but am not afraid of that at all as I've got a modest electronics workshop at home.

I have a legal HEX-CAN from VAG-COM which works great in OBD-II mode with VAG-COM software, but don't believe the proprietary driver will let me use it with EDIABAS, since it doesn't do a COM port emulation anymore, it's a pure USB proprietary driver interface.

JC
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i
    Hi,

Well yes I suppose my ignition signal is beeing emulated rather then scanned as during reading from the car it shows all the time 13,8V even I do not have engine running / charger connected.

In that case I am sure it is beeing emulated as such a voltage without one of the conditions is not possible to have.

I have an interface from germany do-it-auto:

http://www.doitauto.de/product/en/VA...rface-USB.html

I would like to modify it by myself as I have abilities but I have no clue how to ....

Thanks

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhendrix View Post
    I have an interface from germany do-it-auto:

http://www.doitauto.de/product/en/VA...rface-USB.html

I would like to modify it by myself as I have abilities but I have no clue how to ....

Thanks
    Gotcha. I was about to buy that one but the shipping charges to the USA are outfreakinrageous so they ain't gettin' my bizniz anytimes soon. I don't mind paying a fair bit of premium for a good product and the fact that it needs to come from Europe but 40Euro or whatever it was just blew it out of contention. Oh well, China VAG-COM clone here I come.

Re: modification, I expect they have 'pre-modified' that one for you for EDIABAS/INPA compatibility which is why you see the 'constant' voltage thing.

The VAG-COM interface modification info is all around the web including on the forums here. Basically it consists of bridging a few pins together, not too tough.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i
    Gotcha. I was about to buy that one but the shipping charges to the USA are outfreakinrageous so they ain't gettin' my bizniz anytimes soon. I don't mind paying a fair bit of premium for a good product and the fact that it needs to come from Europe but 40Euro or whatever it was just blew it out of contention. Oh well, China VAG-COM clone here I come.

Re: modification, I expect they have 'pre-modified' that one for you for EDIABAS/INPA compatibility which is why you see the 'constant' voltage thing.

The VAG-COM interface modification info is all around the web including on the forums here. Basically it consists of bridging a few pins together, not too tough.

Well understand prices for shipping are to high.
    I was yestrday investigating little bit and found out they are having RL FTDI chip which has already inverterted Ri and DSR pins which are grounded together with pin 7. ( so in this case pins 6,7,9 are grounded )

So it is somehow premodified and I was playing and soldering pins 7+8 doesn't matter for me. I doscovered that only important thing will be to be able to switch ignition to off and on again because of coding. So it should be just about having switch between pin 9 ( on chip ) and ground and I should be able to switch it manually as I want.

My Cars
    1994 M3
    i can't download from 4shared.The download stops after 5min.Can you give me another link where to download?thx

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The server is probably just busy, I use Internet Download Manager (IDM) which improves performance quite a bit.

My Cars
    1994 M3
    I download internet download manager but i can't find the direct links from 4shared to add them in Idm.Can anyone send me the files on yahoo messenger?
    Last edited by hover2008; 11-14-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast