Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Magicme 55 - If you need to download from the NCS folder, you should try INPA (the word, not the software).
    Last edited by David Mc; 08-25-2010 at 04:53 PM.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 530d E60
    Hi,
    First posting here (been lurking for a while). Have setup the EasyDIS on a dell 6000 inspiron (using cardbus rs232...oxford chipset). My car is a late 2005 E60 530d and DIS has been invaluable troubleshooting a dpf fault reported by the idrive.
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to Randomy and DavidMc for their excellent setup guides.
    I now want to look at coding in DIS, is it possible to enable the mp3 playback (in dash cd drive)....it works fine on the in dash dvd drive. Have read on forums elsewhere that its just a 'ticked box' at the dealers?

Thanks for any info

Gav

My Cars
    BMW 730D ,2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssae View Post
    Thanks to You guys I can now run diagnostic on my E65 using DIS

But I can't go into car or key memory ,
    do I have to modify the cable to do this ?
    I am using a blue USB OBD2 Vag Com KKL cable.

Regards
    Hans
    Can anyone help me please ?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Hans, what version of DIS are you using? v44 was the last to have coding and programming functionality, so if you are using v52/54/55 or v57, you will need to use Progman SSS to code your car.

My Cars
    BMW 730D ,2004
    Hi David ,
    I am using v44.

My Cars
    E90
    Hi David,

First of all, I would really like to thanks for your great work of this thread! Basically, I am only trying to activate my autolock for my E90 (1st batch w/o idrive and w/o this setup option in the car) and I did tried NCS before with no luck!!! Would it be the GT1 help for my problem?

Thanks anyway and I have learnt a lot of knowledge from you in this forum.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Hans, there are a few variations of the VAGCOM cable and most require at least some modifications. If you don't want to modify your cable the simplest solution would be to buy an EDIABAS compatible OBD cable (about $20).
    Adam, NCS usually has more options available than DIS. Make sure that your car has this option available by checking the available option settings using Revtor's excellent NCS Dummy program (NCS folder of the 4shared site).

My Cars
    2003 745li

Vm ware

Where do I get it? Do I have to give blood? Went to VMWARE site and they wanted too much personal info for the player? Is that all I need? Thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    fxstsb, just Google for Vmware version 6.04, you need the workstation, not just the player.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    I have v7.1 of VMware if any one has a place to upload it too.

My Cars
    BMW 730D ,2004
    Thank You David ,
    I will try this.

My Cars
    BMW 323i E46
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Streets, have you followed this:-

Push the Administration button in DIS and from the DIS menu choose The Calibrating touch screen button (second from the bottom). Enter the 5 digit dealer number password you chose during installation (the recommended password was 12345) and wait for the utilities menu to pop up. When it does, choose Option 7 (SCOADMIN NETWORK).

A window will pop up showing 2 green driver icons – at the top of the screen will be the SCO TCP/IP Loopback driver – DO NOT TOUCH THIS DRIVER.

Below this you will see a second driver – AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible –PC1 Bus#0, Device #17, Function #0. The configuration settings assigned to this device may not work with your particular machine so left click on the AMD PCNET – PC1 Adapter Compatible line to highlight it, then from the Hardware Menu at the top of the screen, choose “Remove network device”.

The next step is to re-add an AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible that your machine will recognise by again going to the Hardware menu and choosing Add new LAN adapter. A window will pop up showing AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible devices found on your computer – this is an important step as in my case, the original adapter was set to work off Bus #0, Device #17, Function #0 whereas my computer requires the adapter to work off Bus #2. Choose the first AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible on the list then yes to add the new adapter and a pop up will ask what protocol you want to add to the adapter – choose SCO TCP/IP from the options displayed and a settings panel will pop up. The first line “Local Host Name” should already be populated with gt1ap. The next line is where we need to enter the IP Address, which is 192.168.68.30 . When you tab to the next line, the Netmask address (255.255.255.0) should back populate, as should the Broadcast Address 192.168.68.255, TCP connections and Pseudo ttys lines. Hit OK to accept these adapter settings and return to the SCOADMIN NETWORK page where you will see your newly created adapter listed in place of the one you deleted.

Before going further, hold down CTRL + ALT and hit ENTER to pop up the toolbar of your Virtual Machine and press the CTRL + ALT keys together to pop up the Windows mouse pointer.

From the Virtual Machine Edit menu, choose Virtual Network Settings, then on the Next Screen, Select the Host Virtual Network Mapping Tab. Now Click on the > symbol located on the Right hand side of the VMware Network Adapter VMnet1 line and choose Subnet... to view its IP Address and Subnet Mask. Ensure that the IP Address is listed as 192.168.68.0 by altering it if necessary and that the Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0. When this has been completed, click OK and then click the Apply button at the bottom of the screen before choosing OK to exit the editor and save your settings.
    Yes I have followed those steps. However I'm using a newer version of the VMware so the VMware Network Settings window is slightly different.

I've purchased a ADS/OBD unit but my computer crapped out this weekend. I was using a modified VAGCOM cable. As soon as I get it up I'll let you know how it goes.

My Cars
    2003 745li
    fxstsb, just Google for Vmware version 6.04, you need the workstation, not just the player.
    Thanks, Just what I needed to know

My Cars
    M3 CSL
    Quote Originally Posted by streets97f View Post
    Yes I have followed those steps. However I'm using a newer version of the VMware so the VMware Network Settings window is slightly different.
    VMware 7 has a slightly different network settings screen, but it is actually slightly simpler to calibrate correctly - see my screen shot and just correct as I have (this is a VMware 7 running on Vista SP2)

My Cars
    325ci, 325i, 530i

vnware 7

Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    I have v7.1 of VMware if any one has a place to upload it too.
    Can you please sent it to me. I want to diagnose my airbag light on a 2004 530i . Thanks

My Cars
    E38 740iA -99 & 740D -00
    Hi,
    I have EasyDIS V44 with DIS V56 but coding/programming is grey.
    What I need to install to enable coding/programming?
    Is it supposed to come with DIS program discs?
    Thanks!

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFIN View Post
    Hi,
    I have EasyDIS V44 with DIS V56 but coding/programming is grey.
    What I need to install to enable coding/programming?
    Is it supposed to come with DIS program discs?
    Thanks!
    Replace DIS v56 with v44 then you wil have coding/prog.
    All the newer versions are without the coding. They replaced it with "SSS Progman".

My Cars
    E38 740iA -99 & 740D -00
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer187 View Post
    Replace DIS v56 with v44 then you wil have coding/prog.
    All the newer versions are without the coding. They replaced it with "SSS Progman".
    Thanks! I allready have used Progman but didn't know that.
    How should I install older DIS version when I'm using newer version?
    Is it possible to downgrade or do I have to do clean base install first?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You need to run a new installation. I run DIS v44, DIS v57 and PROGMAN v32 on seperate virtual machines on a single PC.

My Cars
    2004 x5 3.0, 1998 328ic
    I am really confused - do I need INPA if all I wanted to do is code?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Since INPA and EDIABAS are joined at the hip and you certainly need EDIABAS to allow NCS, DIS or PROGMAN to talk to your car, yes, it is needed. Coding is also one step up from diagnostics in complexity, so it is a REALLY good idea if you get a good handle on this first.

My Cars
    2004 x5 3.0, 1998 328ic
    Since INPA and EDIABAS are joined at the hip and you certainly need EDIABAS to allow NCS, DIS or PROGMAN to talk to your car, yes, it is needed. Coding is also one step up from diagnostics in complexity, so it is a REALLY good idea if you get a good handle on this first.

ok - obviously I am confused (which is embarassing). So Getting GT1/DIS up and running is half the battle. Now you have to get it talk to the car, which is the INPA/EDIABAS part of the equation. I will follow the instructions and try to get that installed too.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes, you should begin by installing INPA v3.01/EDIABAS v6.4.3 (works well with the E46), then expand your installation to DIS/PROGMAN. If you only intend to use it with the E46, I would just install DIS v44 as it has coding and programming functionality that was dropped from later versions (which required installation of DIS for diagnostics only and PROGMAN for coding and programming). DIS v44 was released around November 2004, so unless a dealer has had a chop at programming the car with a later version of the software, you should be fine with v44.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 520d tour
    Hi, (sorry my bad English)
    I install EasyDis V44. Diag all OK. But car/key coding can't read identifier from car.

I have old OBD cable. Settings in Ediabas STD:OBD. Inpa, NCS all OK.

Thinkable for car/key coding must ADS cable?

(e39, 520d, 2001.09)

ahead thanks

My Cars
    2004 x5 3.0, 1998 328ic
    Yes, you should begin by installing INPA v3.01/EDIABAS v6.4.3 (works well with the E46), then expand your installation to DIS/PROGMAN. If you only intend to use it with the E46, I would just install DIS v44 as it has coding and programming functionality that was dropped from later versions (which required installation of DIS for diagnostics only and PROGMAN for coding and programming). DIS v44 was released around November 2004, so unless a dealer has had a chop at programming the car with a later version of the software, you should be fine with v44.

Progman simply because its an easier interface? That install looks completely brutal. Thanks again for your help, I am working on getting inpa installed, I will give that a shot when I get the cable. Do I need to uninstall gt1 or does it matter what order I go in?

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast