Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i

DIS Success

For all of those who would like to try DIS/GT1, here is the sequel to the Carsoft saga.. After tearing my hair out for over a week, experiencing a UNIX learning curve about as steep as Mount Everest and some help from friends, I finally have a working GT1/DIS setup on my laptop.

I have learned that in order to be successful, you need the following tools:-

1. A copy of the instructions on how to set up EasyDis, including supplementary information contained in my page 8A (See the Easy GT Folder on the 4shared site)

2. VMware v6 software

3. Daemon Tools software

4. EasyDisv44 base CD

5. GT1v44 Programs (versions later than v44 do not have some coding/programming capabilities that were functional in v44)

6. A printout of vi commands from here http://www.cs.colostate.edu/helpdocs/vi.html

7. Some supplementary instructions (now also in the Easy GT folder on the 4shared website - see the "READ THIS FIRST" file)

8. PATIENCE - To load and get this system working will take a minimum of about 4 hours, assuming that you can follow instructions and have some computer skills.

If you have everything but item 8, stop reading now. If you are good to go, visit the Easy GT folder on the 4 shared site then start googling for Daemontools and VMware.
    Last edited by David Mc; 01-25-2010 at 05:01 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3 Evo
    Thanks, keep up the good work!

Ian

My Cars
    1999 Ford Explorer Sport
    I got it working as well. I'm going to test it with my carsoft cable tonight.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I have also been able to get it to run on 4 different computers now by following my own directions I posted in this forum.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Randomy, your instructions are excellent, but I experienced a particularly troublesome laptop, which uses a Pentium Core Duo processor, so I had to go much further in order to discover how to determine the Network setup. DIS and TIS ran fine - I just could not communicate with the car. I know that many others have had this issue and after hundreds of hours of reading and research, I was unable to find anyone who could identify the issue and resolve it - hence this thread.

As I have warned earlier - DIS/GT1 setup is not for the faint-hearted, read the "READ THIS FIRST" file in the Easy GT folder of the 4shared site as it contains the limits of my experience -after that you will be relying on information and the good nature of other members of the forum and the BMW internet community.
    Last edited by David Mc; 02-09-2010 at 05:46 AM.

My Cars
    535xi
    David Mc: thanks for the instructions! Unfortunately, it looks like Easy GT folder is no longer there on 4shared, or at least it doesn't come up in their search. Any chance it can be shared elsewhere? :-) Thank you!!!!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    It's there all right, this is the link http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/7...ng.html?rnd=93 (remember to use "help")

My Cars
    535xi
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! See all now

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    awesome is luke- did your carsoft cable work? if not what type of cable or interface is needed for this to work?

My Cars
    1999 Ford Explorer Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by energizedmortal View Post
    awesome is luke- did your carsoft cable work? if not what type of cable or interface is needed for this to work?
    GT1 doesn't move forward when I hit diagnosis or coding, so I'm guessing there is some type of communication error between the car and the computer despite the fact that API test passes.

I can't look at it again until this weekend, I'll update if I get anywhere.

My Cars
    BMW 323ci
    Hey everyone, first post on here been lurking for awhile!

I know carsoft doesnt work with ELM327 USB interfaces but does this? Im trying to find some decent BMW software to work with ELM

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Not sure about the ELM but it can be made to work with VAGCOM KKL cables.

My Cars
    BMW 323ci
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Not sure about the ELM but it can be made to work with VAGCOM KKL cables.
    Can you point me in the direction of where i can find a tutorial how to make it work with those cables then? I already have the VM image downloaded.

Maybe i can adapt the tutorial to work with my ELM cable.

My Cars
    1999 Ford Explorer Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshMint View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of where i can find a tutorial how to make it work with those cables then? I already have the VM image downloaded.

Maybe i can adapt the tutorial to work with my ELM cable.
    You would definitely need to modify the cable, although I'm not sure what you could do. ELM won't communicate with EDIABAS so so can't take that route...

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Here is a good place to start looking for the info http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1317311

My Cars
    so David, do i just download everything from the easy gt folder?

thanks

junaid

My Cars
    1999 Ford Explorer Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid View Post
    so David, do i just download everything from the easy gt folder?

thanks

junaid
    Yes, you'll also need vmware and daemon tools. Inpa too if you plan on using an EDIABAS cable (or a carsoft cable).

My Cars
    Okay thanks a lot luke, I already have daemon tools for a bunch of other programs as well as vmware, so I guess this is the only step missing for me to get gt1 working. Where could I find inpa?

Thanks

Junaid

My Cars
    1999 Ford Explorer Sport

My Cars
    1997 540i Touring

Post confused

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeIsLuke View Post
    Yes, you'll also need vmware and daemon tools. Inpa too if you plan on using an EDIABAS cable (or a carsoft cable).
    How can I find a carsoft cable on the net? How to search it on ebay? I was not able to find any.
    I have carsoft 6.5, INPA-ediabas installed on my laptop.
    What cable i need to purchase to use them?

Ican see some iso standards, can bus etc... data at cables, but I read many forums here but cannot find exact data about how to recognise the interfaces.

This is what need to know:
    -Dis-GT1 and INPA requires D-CAN interface. This is not working with anything else as I know
    -CARSOFT has a spec carsoft interface??? but it's compatible fully with OBD2 interfaces of other cars?
    -vag com cable can be use for INPA-DIS-GT1 but can be tricky as we see it here..? Is this compatible with carsoft?

actually I wanna know how many interfaces I need if I wanna use
    INPA
    CARSOFT
    (DIS-GT1 in the future when I'll have my 5tg degree

Please someone answer these together for me
    THANKS IN ADVANCE

PS:ANYONE from UK, Hampshire?

Also can I use this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BMW-PA-SOF...item5639592a28

for carsoft 6.5?

Can I use BMW SCANNER PA Soft 1.3.6 interface
    for carsoft 6.5 ?
    Any experience?
    Last edited by tomi1000; 02-02-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2007 M Coupe/2001 330i
    so where does one go to download DIS/GT1?

My Cars
    98 528i,06A6,11Ford Flex
    Post #7

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    GT1 doesn't move forward when I hit diagnosis or coding, so I'm guessing there is some type of communication error between the car and the computer despite the fact that API test passes.

I can't look at it again until this weekend, I'll update if I get anywhere.
    I am not sure if I understand correctly, but even if DIS is NOT connected to a car it still moves forward when you hit the diagnose button, in fact you need to hit the diagnose button to select your model car even before DIS try and speak to your car.

The only reason I can see if I understand correctly from your post is that you have only the DIS base installed and not the actual DIS software. To install DIS takes two steps, first you install the DIS base, the front page looks exactly like full DIS but then you still need the operating side of DIS.

If you press the Administration button and you cannot access for instance the system menu you need to install the operating side of DIS.

Cheers
    C

My Cars
    1999 Ford Explorer Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvis View Post
    I am not sure if I understand correctly, but even if DIS is NOT connected to a car it still moves forward when you hit the diagnose button, in fact you need to hit the diagnose button to select your model car even before DIS try and speak to your car.

The only reason I can see if I understand correctly from your post is that you have only the DIS base installed and not the actual DIS software. To install DIS takes two steps, first you install the DIS base, the front page looks exactly like full DIS but then you still need the operating side of DIS.

If you press the Administration button and you cannot access for instance the system menu you need to install the operating side of DIS.

Cheers
    C
    I have both installed.

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    I have both installed.
    and still if you press the diagnose button nothing happen?

Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast