Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: DIS Success

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you don't do anything but clone a DIS v44 Virtual Machine (which is working) on the same computer, but install a DIS v57 program file, there is no reason why the v57 Virtual Machine should not work as all the VMNet settings etc., should have been adopted during the cloning process. Make sure that the problem is not related to your machine running out of memory and that you are using a tested and proven version of VMWare (such as v6.0.4). You would have to install INPA running in compatibility mode for a 64bit OS, but everything else works the same way. You can install the version of INPA that BMWPower04 has posted numerous links to on this forum, but just need to ensure that you only use EDIABAS v6.4.3 or v6.4.7 if you want to support DIS.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you don't do anything but clone a DIS v44 Virtual Machine (which is working) on the same computer, but install a DIS v57 program file, there is no reason why the v57 Virtual Machine should not work as all the VMNet settings etc., should have been adopted during the cloning process. Make sure that the problem is not related to your machine running out of memory and that you are using a tested and proven version of VMWare (such as v6.0.4). You would have to install INPA running in compatibility mode for a 64bit OS, but everything else works the same way. You can install the version of INPA that BMWPower04 has posted numerous links to on this forum, but just need to ensure that you only use EDIABAS v6.4.3 or v6.4.7 if you want to support DIS.
    V44 was working the last I checked a few years back for my e39. I guess I should've tried to see if it was still working before I went and updated to v57. How much memory should be free and would space be an issue that would cause a net-0009 timeout error? I currently have 29.9gb free on my laptop
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 11-27-2017 at 09:31 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Provided you have the 18.635Gb for the VM and at least 256Mb of memory available it should work fine.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 318i Saloon
    Hi David,

I've installed DIsv44, but when I chose APITEST, I've errore 009....

I Tried to to press CRTL+ SYSRQ, but can't appare the command prompt.... what's the problem?

Where i make a mistake?

Best regards
    GNA

Don't worry about the message, the IP addresses are correct, just close the dialogue boxes.

If you choose the Administration button, then "Calibrating touch screen", enter the password (12345?) and choose the option 7 to access the SCOAdmin Network. When the screen that shows your network adapters appears, left click into a blank area of the white screen and press CTRL+SysRq . A black screen will appear. If it gives the prompt "login" type "root", then the password - if you have not entered the root directory before, it will prompt you for a password - choose "password".

A few lines of text will be generated by the root file, the last being TERM = (scoansi) _ hit ENTER when you see this line and # should appear at the beginning of the next line. (Be careful when working with UNIX, as commands are case sensitive) . When the # prompt appears, type "scoadmin" then enter.

When it comes time to exit the root directory, use the exit commands from the scoadmin screens to get back to the # prompt, then type "init 6" to exit and reboot the virtual machine, saving and using the changes you have made or "init 0" to exit and reboot the virtual machine without saving or using the changes you have made.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure that the cursor is on the vortual machine screen where the Network adapters are displayed before you hit CTRL+SYSREQ

My Cars
    1998 BMW 318i Saloon
    Yes David,

When I hit CTRL+SYSREQ compare in the center of the screen only 2 options:
    to exit press Enter
    to cancel press any key

NO Root no way!!!

Make sure that the cursor is on the vortual machine screen where the Network adapters are displayed before you hit CTRL+SYSREQ

My Cars
    1998 BMW 318i Saloon
    Hi David,

All works! the problem is the traductor menù! now all is ok!

I've a only one problem.... When I chose coding menu and navigate in this part of DIS, the program freeze, doesen't work....

May I have the link of your Dis to try your version?

Best regards

GNA!

Quote Originally Posted by gna78 View Post
    Yes David,

When I hit CTRL+SYSREQ compare in the center of the screen only 2 options:
    to exit press Enter
    to cancel press any key

NO Root no way!!!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You have a PM.

My Cars
    98 328i
    Greetings,
    I have INPA 5.0.1 ("update auf 5.0.2") & EDIABAS 6.4.7. It comes up, looks right and I can connect to my 2006 E90.
    I get some errors when navigating to some parts of the menu. Some are error free. On those with error message - A box pops up with "Checking Versions" in banner and "Versions do not match. Malfunction possible!" saying OK I can continue but I'm not sure I'm getting full function? for example, I can not find the ability to activate various lights on car. One menu opens with additional info saying "SGBD Version 6.0 (in INPA), SGBD Version 7.0, INPA version 1.070" which is confusing. When I open the "info" menu item it shows INPA at 5.00.
    If anyone knows what I have wrong and/or whether this is normal - I'd appreciate the info!
    Thanks

My Cars
    325Ci Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by gna78 View Post
    Hi David,
    I've installed DIsv44, but when I chose APITEST, I've errore 009....
    I Tried to to press CRTL+ SYSRQ, but can't appare the command prompt.... what's the problem?
    Where i make a mistake?
    Best regards
    GNA

OKIE....
    I has DIS running on my Thinkpad no problem...but kept failing the APITEST when installing on my friend's Dell D630!

SO...after numerous deletes and reinstalls...There was a SIMPLE solution:

1->Made sure you can access car with INPA!

2->Make sure that .NET Framework 3.5 is installed and active!!! (.Net3.5 is NOT included with .Net4.0!!!)
    Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=21
    Install: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...-35-windows-10

3->READ the READ THIS FIRST instructions!!!
    I did all the steps but in a slightly different sequence....

-Updated EDIABAS.INI (in windows) first
    -When changing the settings on my VM (before installing DIS/GT1) I updated the "Host Virtual Network Mapping" (VMnet1)
    -Installed DIS & GT1
    -After deleting and adding the 2nd network adapter in SCOADMIN (option 7) and exiting back to the "utilities menu"
    -made sure that VM is off (option 2) and FISTER is active (option 3)
    -RESTARTed EDIABAS (option 1)
    -THEN did the Ctrl-SysRq and verified the EDIABAS.INI (in the VM) and updated the HOSTS file (in the VM)
    ***-THEN from the unix "#" prompt typed "init 6" !!!!!!!!

-When DIS restarted I shut it down CORRECTLY (from the "utilities menu" -option 0)

-started IFHSrv32
    -started DIS
    -ran APITEST with NO ERRORS!!!! (Got the German Menu)!!!!

***I really think that the .NET 3.5 and the "init 6" are the keys to my success!!!!

notes:
    -I was using an ADS-Serial cable (TinyADS)
    -I use a batch job to shut down and start up the firewall & antivirus and start IFHSrv32 and VMWare
    -ZigzagSky's instructions were a helpful read also esp with the pics: http://www.meeknet.co.uk/7sf/diagnos...stall-831k.pdf
    (don't bother with ZigZag's HOSTS file mod on the WINDOWS side nor the BDFLUSHR mods...neither are needed!)
    THANKS ROMLEY & DAVIDMC & Zigzag Sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    1998 e36

success with gt1

Success. Using OBD/ADS chinese interface and true serial port on IBM T30, windows xp 32bit, both INPA and DIS/GT1 V44 work great. It is very complicated to setup at first but now I can do it on any similar laptop. I can read and code most of the modules on the E36 now.

inpaDIS.JPG

My Cars
    '94 325i, '97 528i
    Excellent!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738