Thread: 6sp manual tranny for V12 - how much (used)?

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline

6sp manual tranny for V12 - how much (used)?

How much can one expect to pay for a good used 6-sp tranny from an 850i with, say, around 100k miles?

How about for the rest of the parts for a 6-sp swap on an 850? Like pedals, clutch/flywheel assembly, shifter linkage/assembly, maybe driveshaft?, etc...?

Thanks guys

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    you are better off finding a 6-speed car. The swap will run you in the neighborhood of $5000.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    850 6 speed sold
    Quote Originally Posted by todor View Post
    How much can one expect to pay for a good used 6-sp tranny from an 850i with, say, around 100k miles?

How about for the rest of the parts for a 6-sp swap on an 850? Like pedals, clutch/flywheel assembly, shifter linkage/assembly, maybe driveshaft?, etc...?

Thanks guys
    Hey Todor, its me Bob from up north, so are you going to put a v12 in the m3?

Is it still S/C? Nice ride.... the ACS wheels are gone now....

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGR8White View Post
    you are better off finding a 6-speed car. The swap will run you in the neighborhood of $5000.
    Really? I'm getting very different info... someone PM'd me and said it was gonna be a much lower range...
    Can you pls give me a breakdown for what's needed? I'm assuming it's the following:

• Tranny
    • Clutch/flywheel/slave cyl
    • Pedals and clutch master cyl
    • Shifter linkage, lever, knob, boot, maybe entire center console piece?
    • Driveshaft
    • Any reprogramming of the ECU???

What did I miss? Also, do you know the rough individual prices of these parts?

Quote Originally Posted by tread72 View Post
    Hey Todor, its me Bob from up north, so are you going to put a v12 in the m3?

Is it still S/C? Nice ride.... the ACS wheels are gone now....
    Hey man, how's it going? No, not putting a V12 in the E36 (although that would be pretty sweet!). I'm considering buying an 850i. The M3 is still S/C, but I blew the head gasket... Should be getting it fixed soon though.

My Cars
    850 6 speed sold
    Well if your ever up north, your more than welcome to come and see my 6spd and get an idea about the 8. Hope you do join the E31 club.

Regards

Rob

My Cars
    '00 Z3C, '70 XJ6
    Cheapest way to do it is using a totaled 850i/6, market price is around $3500 if you can find one. Individual manual parts will sell for more, and you'll still have to replace all the maintenance items while you're in there. Figure $4000 if everything goes very well and you find said car.

If you're buying parts one at a time, as said before, expect to pay over $5k
    2.8 Z3 coupe + 6 speed || 200kW electric 1970 Jaguar XJ6

My Cars
    '92 850i/6-Euro Wannabe
    A swap could be done for $5k if the parts were gotten right and replacements were minimal. Anybody doing it would want to change the rear ratio on the diff too. The stock 2.65 is a slug and the 3.64 of an autobox car is a little short IMO, so that has to be factored in. I wouldn't give $5k for parts alone however when whole cars are going for a lot less.