Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    1991 750IL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? GOOGLE SEARCH

2. Why did you decide to join? I NEED HELP!

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? YES I NEED HELP NOW!

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? NO ONE HAS HELPED ME YET!

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740IL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?
    i recently bought a car from a current member on here. amschnellsten to be exact

2. Why did you decide to join?
    the reason why i joined is because i am new to the BMW scene. i was also told by amschnellsten that this site helps alot when needed. and i couldnt say no to a forum that will help me down the road when needed...

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? i was a active poster. no need to just watch when u join a forum. atleast that is how i look at things.

My Cars
    1998 740iL, bunch of VWs

HE53 posted pictures...and I joined to see em.

See above.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

Lurked for almost 6 years.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

I didnt have a dog in this hunt...and I like to listen before saying anything.
    My car is monogrammed.

I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.

I know what Im doing. If you are unsure if I know what Im doing..dont worry about it. If I dont know what Im doing Ill ask someone who does. Thats probably not you.

My Cars
    1993 740iL

Surfing and searching for information.

Looks like an active forum with experienced people.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

I lurked for a bit.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

I wanted to get the "tone" of the forum. Is it wrench friendly, driver friendly, etc.

My Cars
    1998 BMW E38

I googled the forums and here I am a new member.

2.Why did you decide to join?

I bought E38 couple of months ago and there is not much literature or repair manual about this particular car specially my one which is 728iL. I did use other forums and I know that members are not only knowledgable but also friendly so thats why I joined this forum.

3.Were you an active poster right away or did you lurk around and watch for a while?

An active poster sraight away as Ive got a slight problem with my car

My Cars
    1998 BMW 728i ( E38 )
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? search Google for 7 Series forums

2. Why did you decide to join? found the info i wanted an the answers seemed to be from very helpful members

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? No i was Active right away with a post in the wrong section :s

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? Never lurked

My Cars
    '94 740IL 7/93
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?: Google, searching for info on my e32

2. Why did you decide to join?: easier to search the forums/lots of expert on my new e32 740iL

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?: lurked for a day or 2

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?: only lurked until I needed info that wasn't readily apparent.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 740 IL
    Google search

I had been doing reseach and finally bought a 96 740 il (fixer uppper)

Just joined today after lurking for a few weeks. I've found that the personalities here are pretty laid back.

I haven't had a chance to interact with anyone here yet, but i'm pretty sure that I'll receive good technical advice. I am a german car mechanic (VW, Audi) and eager to learn about BMW's. I'm of german heritage and have a natural love for german cars. I'm glad I made this 740 my first real car.

Monica.

My Cars
    88 735i & 98 740i
    Kept stumbling upon it when i was hunting for my first BMW

I wanted a place to discuss my car and get advice as i go along with the restoration project

Joined today, i havnt lurked much but i have stumbled upon quite a few bimmerforums threads during my BMW google searches.

My Cars
    00 740il
    From a friend of mine who also got me into BMW's

to be a part of a great community of car enthusiast and to learn more about some of the best built cars.

i lurked before i joined. when i did research i would go to the 7 series forum for info.

I felt like is was finally time to join. Bryan (ICEMANbhe) had been telling me to join for awhile, and i really liked the forum. The 7 series guys seemed very helpful.

My Cars
    1996 750iL, 1998 MB C280
    Googled Bimmer Forums checked out a few and settled on this site because of the level of experience and camaraderie of the members.

To gain knowledge and understand my new "7" better.

I "lurked" before i joined.

Well having only delt with American cars in the past I didn't feel I had much to offer as, but have many questions, some which have already been answered thanks to this forum!!

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740iL

google

like to DIY things on my cars

tend to lurk for advice

have found what i needed in past posts so i haven't need to start many threads..

If you would be so kind as to reply, I would like to hear from you as OUR goal is to make this the BEST forum.

I would like to extend this to any member less than 6 months old.

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find BFC and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.

Ill start with my story:
    Had a very hard to diagnose electrical problem on my car. I googled for help. Found this site. I liked the format and the way help was presented.
    I lurked around a bit, and saw that the people were cool and it seemed like every problem got solved. I started posting to help others. My kinda place. Still here.[/QUOTE]

My Cars
    1998 BMW 750iL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? It seemed to show up in every google search I did regarding my 98 750iL

2. Why did you decide to join? I bought my 750 at a Department of Revenue auction and it had some minor problems I was able to solve using information I found on these forums, so I thought I would join to see if there is anyway I can contribute. Though I will admit I am a gear head, most of my experience is with Chevy trucks and my 85 Mercedes 300D (I know, wrong forum, but it is a great car, try not to hate me overmuch...)

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I joined not long ago, and this is my first post

I don't know, don't really have much to add at this point, I do hope that will change

My Cars
    1994 740i 1985 528e
    Google search found it to be the most comprehensive website

I was given a 94 740i by a friend who had parked the car due to reoccurring steering issues .it was difficult to get answers if your not a member

I lurked

Most of my question could be answered by other posts.As a member of the Mye28 forum ,membership does have its privileges.

My Cars
    '02 530i sport
    I came to know this forum google searching the issues i had with my car.Almost every time this forums was there and i kinda liked that people are active here in comparison with other forums.I decided to join cuz i needed ppl's opinion(lots of them).I posted right away since my car had tons of issues and didnt find all of them in previous posts.

My Cars
    93 BMW 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    There have been lots of new members join in the last month or so.

Im curious and have a few questions. (Im a curious guy)

If you would be so kind as to reply, I would like to hear from you as OUR goal is to make this the BEST forum.

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find BFC and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.

Ill start with my story:
    Had a very hard to diagnose electrical problem on my car. I googled for help. Found this site. I liked the format and the way help was presented.
    I lurked around a bit, and saw that the people were cool and it seemed like every problem got solved. I started posting to help others. My kinda place. Still here.
    1. I did a google search for BMW Forum and this one looked the best!
    2. This forum was the most informative and there is a section for E32's
    3. I lurked for a bit, mainly because I hate signing up for stuff I am not sure I was going to use. And second, I didn't know if I was going to get all kinds of junk email if I signed up... So far so good though :-)
    4. I joined because in order to post I had to join, I really like how the members try to answer questions. It is actually very helpful. One thing I was bummed about is I went from an STI forum and they had a tremendous DIY Section. This forums DIY is very minimal compared to IWST.com even some simple things that can be used for any make and model car are on the STI website. If this site could somehow increase the DIY section it would be totally awesome

My Cars
    1992 BMW 735i

Through google whilst searching for help.

The search results pointed me to someones specific problem and the information given was specific and thorough so I wanted to get involved in that 'expert' circle with my own problem!

Active right away, I lurked as a non-member until I realised this was the place to vent my problems

Hope I have helped you with this, as your members have helped me! keep up the good work

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5i
    1. From a buddy who bought the car that convinced me I would like a bmw
    2. I join the biggest forum I can find for everything I do
    3. I posted within minutes of joining
    4. If you're going to lurk, you might as well just google everything.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL

Google Search

Was looking at buying a 7 Series and wanted to do research first.

Lurked for a while, until I made the purchase. (Still kinda lurking now)

I am starting from scratch with knowledge of BMW's. This forum seemed to have a lot to search and DIY Guides. (Most of the guides have been helpful, although I am still getting the hang of the search functions)

Figured I would do all the reading I could to get as familiar with the cars as I can.

My Cars
    85 735i
    Google

I want to learn as much as i can on working on my car

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? this is my first post and iv been a member for 3min. so i guess not but we will see.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? if i "lurk" its because i dont know much about working on cars. but ill probably be asking lots of questions.

johnfurda

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745LI
    Google and some 745li research

Google search

Great answers to a wide range of topics by many knowledgeable members. (and, it’s free)

I’ve lurked and found the answers I needed, therefore there hasn’t been a need.

Same answer as #3: I’ve always found the answers I needed, so far.

My Cars
    97 BMW740iA, 00 BMW Z3C

Well, I'm Dutch and see Edwin is also a member here, I was searching for more info on programming on the internet. Through a German forum I was referred to this site.

I just wanted to help out, my first post was giving somebody from Germany a link to the German files on my homepage

Let's put it this way ... I'v known this forum from the time I started to search for an E38, read many things about it and it sure helped me to make my decision in buying one.

It's not that, I just never felt the need to join until I saw some posts which I had an answer to

This forum is great, but I don't know if it's the best, yet the odds are pointing your way. Never seen a forum which has so many models covered. On top of that it's up-to-date, also the latest models appear here.

Yeah, well there you go, I downloaded some files from this forum which were posted by other members, It's only fair I share my "knowledge" with those who need it, like myself.

So I wouldn't be a jerk, and I do not drive a Merc but pay my due's off...

Based on a Gene Pitney song.. ( to be found all over youtube )

If I didn't have a dime, and I didn't take the time to play the jukebox...

Allright, here is the link, just remember my words while listning !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr3ZnlbVh60[/ame]

My Cars
    1990 750iL
    I was considering purchasing an E32 "just for grins" and used GOOGLE to see what I would be getting into. This site had the clearest information.
    I purchased the E32, so I joined to be connected.
    I am lurking until something comes up that I cannot find already posted.

My Cars
    1999 740iA cosmos/sand

not sure if I remember exactly, but I was searching for cars for sale and information about them, and the forum is one of the things I bookmarked

once I bought the car, I felt I should participate and learn

lurked for a while (before and after the purchase) but decided to speak up occasionally

4. If you "lurked", why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

mostly the threads already contain the info I was looking for; it was to show pix and to be able to buy from members that I signed up
    '99 cosmos black 740i sport, sand interior, tinted rear windows, staggered Mpars, USA Spec iPod

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast