Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    97 BMW 740iL

New Guy!

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?

I actually just did a google search for bmw forums and found this one it looked nice and had plenty of activity so I thought I'd join.

2. Why did you decide to join?

I just bought a 97 740iL and it needs a little work, and I plan to do some modding to it as well as a sort of project while I drive it. So, I figured I'd find a forum that might be able to help a guy out.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

I started posting right away, at least for things like this, I'm not exceptionally tech heavy with cars but I have high hopes and thought this would be a great place to start.

My Cars
    95 BMW 740i Mazda Tr
    I was just goofing around and found it! I just recently got my 740i and wanted to find out as much as I could about the car, which I absolutely love!

My Cars
    2001 740iL
    Googled "BMW Forums"

a. Just bought a BMW. (2001 740iL)
    b. Liked the content

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    Lurked for the last 6 months while I hunted for my ride.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    Strictly intelligence gathering. I like to get as much information as possible before I ask any questions, etc... (not always apparant, but I do try)
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 02-25-2010 at 05:41 PM.

My Cars
    95 740i, 04 Ram 2500HD6L
    Talked to a friend who owns a f-150 and is into modding, told me if i wanted to do the same to find a forum. I got much more then expected!

I bought my BMW 740i e38 about a year ago, and want to start modifying it... also I want to be in a constructive yet friendly forum atmosphere.

3. Were you an active poster right away? or did you lurk around and watch for awhile?
    Upon joining I started to post a few questions I had... all of which were answered fast. Other then that I just started to cruise through the forums to find helpful information.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    Your help has many levels of technicality - which I like. I feel the scope of the questions posted are normally met with a similar response.

John

My Cars
    1998 750il
    Google.

The E38 forums is pretty active, and an active enthusiast base is the best way to keep a car in tip-top shape for shade-tree guys.

3. Were you an active poster right away? or did you lurk around and watch for awhile?
    I was active right after I registered, but I did lurk for a little bit un-registered while researching my purchase.

N/A

My Cars
    1999 740iL, 2001 Z3

Knew of it from another BMW forum

Had joined a while back but was not active. Became active when I got my Z3 because my other BMW board has very little Z3 activity

Posted within a couple of days of "rejoining"

Last edited by IcemanBHE; 03-02-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Kontera
    99 facelift E38 gone but not forgotten | 2001 Topaz Blue Z3 3.0 (9/00): ASA AR1's, Kicker sub, stone guards & more

My Cars
    1983 733i 2001 740iS

responses

googled for info on my 740 dual pane window problem and was directed here

I wanted input from the forum groups on my e23 and e38 cars

active right away

Last edited by IcemanBHE; 03-02-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Kontera

My Cars
    e38 2001
    Hi, here's my input to your questions.

google search for E38.

seems like everyone in the forum are willing to help out when being asked by other members.

lurking for more than a year now.

I only have a plain E38, never done any upgrade like a few members I saw their posted. And, I don't have enough technical knowledge to contribute to the forum.

I used to have E32 before. Sold it and bought the one I have I have right now.
    Hope this enough for your survey.

My Cars
    E38 740i6, E36 M3
    Well, since this is my first post might as well write something sensible.

Keep stumbling across it every time I google anything related to BMW's

Better have an account just in case

Depends, you could probably say I lurked around since I've been browsing this forum for ages before joining a few hours ago.

Compared to some users on here I know absolutely nothing about BMW's so I'm not really in the position to make posts which contribute to the community. Found everything I've wanted to know in the search and on E38.org anyway. When I've got some knowledge or other stuff to share, I'll start posting again.

My Cars
    00 740il
    I did a search of bmw forums, after learning I would be inheriting my fathers car.

After reading the forum, it seemed very informative and I felt I need to join because everyone is very informative,and any help is appreciated..

3. Were you an active right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

I lurked becuz I didnt have the car yet..

I lurked becuz i didnt have the car yet, but reading the forum i learned a few things about this car already, and i know i'm not technically advanced as you guys onn here..
    Last edited by barnz67; 03-14-2010 at 01:18 PM.

My Cars
    2008 328xi
    Why did I join - Isn't this the place to be?
    I just bought my first BMW and when I was looking for answers to questions it seems this was the place for answers.
    I started posting right away.
    BTW - nice forum.
    I am into fast boats and spend too much time on those sites.

My Cars
    2007 E66
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? web search. belong to corvette forum which looks just like this

2. Why did you decide to join? Just pulled the trigger on my 4th 7 series but concerned with the newer technologies

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Just joined

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? I will contribute if I have something of value to share.

My Cars
    83 244 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post

google'd BMW forums

I wanted to get a second opinion/3rd or 4th lol.

can't say I'm that much of an active poster but then I've restricted myself to the E32 section too much.

I didn't really lurk. . . I've only been on here a couple a days so I don't know if I can answer this correctly or not. I did delay joining for like an hour or 2 but only because of the registration that decided that what ever password or anti spam answer I put was wrong. But I'd like to think I'm an active poster .

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find BFC and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.
    I joined, because I have always like the 7 series BMWs and now that my jeep is totaled, I'll be getting a car soon, and the price for 7 series BMWs have dropped dramatically since I was 8 so I figured why not. But when I asked my friend and his cousin (they know quite a bit about BMWs and my friends cousin's dad has dealed with many BMWs) they said that they were terrible, because they fall appart, parts are expencive, and they really don't like the V12 (for some strange reasson ). My friend said that his grand-ma also had one that had many things brake so they got rid of it for a LS400 (what a down grade). More recently I posted in my Jeep forum that I was looking at buying one of these 750s and they thought I was crazy. So to get yet another opinion about this I came here, and everyone here has been 1 million times more supportive than anyone else I have gone to about this.

sorry for having to read my life story lol.
    Last edited by Dylans3960ccs; 03-25-2010 at 09:18 PM.

My Cars
    01 750iL

I heard about BimmerForums via a Google search when we purchased our first BMW

I joined to learn, and hopefully contribute - that said, I have been out of the country, and haven't really contributed much. I just re-registered as my previous screen name referred to a company that I owned that has been shelved for the time being.

Yes, when I joined the first time, and I'll jump in again. =)

I didn't lurk. The help I received when we bought our E36 was great. You have so much knowledge here on this board - one of the best boards out there regardless of car make.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i (Auto)
    1. Surfing online for BMW info.

2. I've been a BMW fan for decades, but never owned one. That is about to change quickly.

3. I "lurked" for about 36 hours after finding this website, and decided to join.

4. Same reason as Jake Reed in the post above mine.

My Cars
    E38 740 iL
    I always google stuff about my car and this forum is the first forum to pop out.

When I got my 740, I had a lot of questions about my car. and I still do. Just lurking around and looking for answers.

I dont post alot.. But I try to get in to a topic that interests me enough

Reason why I lurk alot is because everytime I face a problem with my car, I search through out the forums instead of asking. And no, I'm not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation. I'm more of a listener
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 03-30-2010 at 03:55 AM.

My Cars
    1997 740iL, 2003 745Li
    Searching the world wide web for DIY fixes for my E38.

I've always been a DIYer and have found so much useful info on here, that I would like to hopefully be able to return the favor to people.

I kind of lurked to get a feel for the forum and find my way around.

Definitely was not familiar enough with BMWs to be able to jump right in and ask or answer questions.
    "There's nothing new in this world, just history you haven't heard yet" - Thomas Jefferson

My Cars
    750i X3
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? From my smog mechanic.

2. Why did you decide to join? I just rotated my cars from mopar to bmw and I'm a firm believer in not reinventing the wheel.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Joined immediately.

My Cars
    1990 750iL Glacier Blue

Googled BMW 750 forums. I joined right away and started asking all kinds of stupid questions in an effort to save money and rescue my 90 750iL....
    If if weren't for this forum, my car would be gone by now...
    I'm still dealing with the car, but more and more she seems to get better.
    Then something else breaks.......LOL

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740i

Smile

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? E38.org

2. Why did you decide to join? Would like to contribute!

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Owned a 740i for 8 days, joined straight away.

I would like to extend this to any member less than 6 months old.

Not sure a 6 month old is capable of operating a BMW, but hey! Who knows what German engineering is capable of?

My Cars
    BMW E66
    Tony from Lakeland, FL. Own an 05 745Li.
    The reason to join to seek some answers, to meet new friends who own similarity, to hopefully help out some, to maybe meet up locally, to exchange some technical experience...etc...etc...so on and so forth....LOL

Basically...I am ere today with a problem that I have never experienced b4. Alt. charging on and off and the batt. keeps going dead. I now own 2 brand new batts. So the next step is the alt. replacement. But thinking maybe I should just rebuild it if I can find where o buy the kit.

Mr. Mod and Admin, if this silly question is not in the right place, please 4give me...LOL Don't 4get....I am new here.

Thank you so all much. Tony

My Cars
    1981 735i, 1982 528e etc
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? GOOGLE

2. Why did you decide to join? JUST TO GET INVOLVED AFTER PURCHASING TWO BIMMERS IN AS MANY WEEKS. WAS/IS A BIG BEAMER FAN AND ENJOY THE BEAMER FORUMS. NOW I ENJOY BOTH THE 2 AND 4 WHEELED WORLDS.

ACTIVE FROM THE GO

NA

My Cars
    E36
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? A friend of mine has been a member for years and has mentioned the site on many occasions. A few BMW's in my town also have window decals from here.

2. Why did you decide to join? I have always been interested in these days, even before I decided to actually buy one.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I lurked a lot, reading posts, faq's, diy's, etc. I did not start actively posting until I purchased my BMW.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? Like I said, I did not own a BMW at first, so I had no real questions to be answered or input to give. Since I have owned this car and actively posting, the senior members have been very helpful with answering all of my questions so far.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740I
    Googling for information on E39 and E38's.

I was impressed with the amount of info, the laid back attitudes, helpfulness and sense of community.

I lurked for a bit trying to learn and get a feel how questions were answered.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps technically not advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    I found the site after purchasing. In my excitement I didnt want to rush in and ask a bunch of dumb questions that may already be in an FAQ and get flamed for it. It wasn't that type of forum but one can never be too sure. I think it is great!

My Cars
    1984 bmw 733i, 1988 528e
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?-by accident.

2. Why did you decide to join?-First BMW came and gone by the time I learned of this forum and just recently got another.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?-Active right away persay as I visited the site once before and didnt visit again till a bit over two yearsd later when I recntly found another 7 series.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?-pfft, I'll probably get more help out of this site than some pimple face kid or some suit moonlighting as a mechanic at the dealership that dont know the difference between a wrench and a hammer and is lost if they cant plug it in. "No that is not the iPod plug! that's the air intake, ya bum!!"

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast