Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    '13 335is, '03 540i/6
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? I did a Google search for E38 7 series issues, this forum popped up with many results.

2. Why did you decide to join? Im an active member of Bimmerpost.com for information on my 335is and the new M4, but it is lacking on information regarding older BMW's. I really enjoy late 90's and early 2000's offerings like the E38, E39, and E46, so this forum seemed like a valuable resource to take in.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I joined yesterday and posted yesterday!

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? I read 5 posts, saw a few pictures, and decided I wanted to join! Im not a mechanic, but it's never too late to try and learn some things about these cars. I just don't want to pretend I know things that actually make me shrug my shoulders.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?
    - Google

2. Why did you decide to join?
    - To gain some info on my first car, that I started to love the moment I test drove it.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    - I was lurking until now lol

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    - I'm about to share some pics of my new car, alright?

EDIT: LOL, I just realized I posted in 7 series section, having 3 series <weirdo> haha
    Last edited by borospoko; 11-17-2014 at 03:12 PM.

My Cars
    '10 e60 528i xDrive
    Google

To ask questions, message other members, stay in the loop..etc...

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    Don't mind me... Go back to bed... I'm just going to stand in this corner...observing...
    I am still lurking

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    The last one, and still the last one. Wanted to comb the forums for all my questions before doing the noob 'dont search just post'

'10 528i xDrive | AlpineWeiss on Black | Style278 Summer + Style138 Winter
    [Sold] '01 740i | StahlBlau on Tan | Style93 Summer + Style60 Winter

My Cars
    1998 528i
    I found this forum after i picked up my 1995 740i. I was having strange miss fire, power loss, and fuel mileage drop. Was very helpful.

I joined mainly to say thank you.

I guess i "lurked"

I am a little slow i guess.

My Cars
    Bmw Audi Merc
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Google searched looking for common issues with Bmw problems

2. Why did you decide to join? I use to own 2 later models of Bmw and plan on buying one soon

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Just posted my first post lol and did some lurking around before I joined

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? Lurked for answers on common problems on the 2002-2004 common problems so I know what I need to look out for. Seems to help. I think I am advanced enough but the bmw electronics seem just a bit to advanced or at least I don't know much about how they work like dsc or Idrive problems. Wish I had the computer program for the car I want but I think that it's out of my price range but it would make diagnostic so much easier when I have a problem.
    Last edited by bigtimeny1; 01-13-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer the last question lol

My Cars
    1997 BMW E38 735iL
    Hi all...

the story I joint this forum is as I just own my 1997 e38 not so long ago...before I bought the car I did look around every bmw site include this forum...then in some occasion there's something not quiet right with the car I looked and googled and always get some answer or at least guidance where to look to troubleshoot the problem...most of time end up to service centre of course...hahaha

so I decided then to joint this forum to get more info specially for my car...old but still have its pride.

That's all...c u all in this forum

thanks...

My Cars
    1995 BMW 750il
    I bought a 1995 BMW 750il Navarra today.I Had a 1996 BMW 740il a year ago,Oxford Green,nice car but sold it.Been kicking myself since.Loved the 7 straight away,so I said to myself I will go the 750il next time,so today is the day.The reason i joined this site is.It is really well presented,the knowledge base on here at a quick glance is huge.There are a few cosmetic issues on the car so I will need information to bring the car up to spec.Cam.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 750i xDrive
    I bought a 2011 750i xDrive this weekend. Went CarMax, got the extended warranty. Wasn't sure I was going to keep it (they have a 5 day return window) because everyone warned me about maintenance costs. I know I'll be spending on lot on Oil, battery, tires, wheels if necessary (hopefully not). But all repair for the next five years is covered so I feel pretty comfortable. Took it to a euro motorsports shop and they checked it out, said it was like new, the one previous owner only drove it 55k in 4 years. I joined bimmerforums because I've seen you guys mentioned on reddit, you came up in searches when I was researching the car, and now I'm looking for like minded people to talk about BMWs and to get help when I need it and offer help when I can. I'm currently reading through the manual. I took it into CarMax the day after purchasing to get them to replace the rear brakes and rotor and sensor since it was down to 10%. Even though I only owned it for day, I already miss it like crazy, which I how I know I want to keep the car.

My Cars
    2000 740iL & 1991 318iS
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    There have been lots of new members join in the last month or so.

Im curious and have a few questions. (Im a curious guy)

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?.
    You know . I really like this post, I takes me back to when my bmw story unfolded

1.Was into BMWs I came across the forum online one day

2. I fell in love with the E38, I was 19 when I was blessed to find a very fine specimen & sacrifice literally all my money for it (3000$) lol. It had 168,xxx miles when I got.
    3000 miles later, The kiss of death occurred. Timing Chain Guides deteriorated, I had felt doomed there's no way I could drive it like at ! At only 19 with only so much income, I knew what I had gotten into at this point.
    I was getting quotes of 2000$-4000$ for this job I was in complete despair to find a Bimmer SuperMan near by. Then surprisingly some how some way 12 miles down the road I found my Indy he did the job flawlessly for 600$ In his garage it's in tip top condition now especially after all the extras I did to it during this process it's at 191k now running very strong and sounding smooth, no more damn diesel sound! Haha Shouts out to Beisan Systems

Lets just say if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have knew so much about this car prior to buying it
    and still be able to keep learning more and more, it helps a lot especially to us young members
    who are just getting started.
    I wanna say thanks to all of those who help us learn, you guys are what keeps these machines still alive

3/4. I lurked on it to find out more about my 7

My Cars
    84 733, 90 535i
    Started searching technical info once I acquired first bmw vehicle.

To acquire further resources and knowledge

Low proper activity / lurkin

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i

My friend google. I was looking at a 740il on craigslist and I figured I'll see how to fix the few problems she/it had (more info in my future presentation post)
    But classic problems for that kind of bimmer nothin out of the ordinary.

Well, it's more interessant to be active in a forum. I always join the forum designed for the car I own (Ford Ka, Renault 4, Renaul Clio)

It's been a week I'm lurking at this forum. I don't think I can have a real contribution, since all I learn is through this forum

I Needed info on common staff: (ABS/DSC/brakes light (intermitent issue), Instrument Cluster problems (Need to get that fix), Nav System problem (Need to update my range rover MKIII), Oil change (I'll do that tonight), brake fluid change (I'll do that tonight), Appropriate tires (This weekend) and bearing change (ASAP)) Hopfully thats all the things I'll need to do on this car.
    That's my first Bimmer so I want to do everything right.

Best Regards,
    Arno

My Cars
    1984 745i

Google search regarding E23's, specifically 745i information, tips and tricks, builds, stories, etc.

A co-worker sold me a 1984 745i that he has had for 15 years in Florida. I want to get it running and clean it up, improve the reliability of it, and I want to learn about these cars.

Been lurking for less than a week, generally just absorbing what's all here.

Car is to be delivered sometime this weekend, I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get my hands dirty.

My Cars
    e38 97 bmw 740il
    Q1:I learned from just google one day when i ran into throuble with my first bmw l typed in beemer forums and it spelled it different and hey I was close enough.

Q2:I joined because I've always liked the positive vibe I have gotten from this forum. You guys really help and treat almost every problem or situation as your own. Or if you don't know there's always a reference. I like it here

Q3: I lurked for a while when I owned my 85 e30 very poor decision not that the car was bad just the owner I retrieved it from. Poor engine wiring skills short cutting a lot of shotty work.

Q4: now I like to throw my two cents in only when I'm comfortable explaining things the right way to someone just so they get the quality answer they're looking for. I'ma wrench head so I like to get my hands dirty and experiment but I love to know how deep the water is before I dive in as well. Thank you for having me here its gonna be a long ride

My Cars
    1989 E32 735iL
    1. Google

2. Shogun, and to lend some advice where applicable.

3. Lurked

4. Not yet advanced, never had a question to ask that hadnt already been covered here!

My Cars
    '96, '98 & '00 BMW 740iL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? It was from a Google search!

2. Why did you decide to join? Why not? It was to feel involved, I guess.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Still lurking around.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? I joined two months ago, but haven't had the need to post. Also, haven't really been looking around the forums yet, as I just got an E38 two months ago, but now fixing it up!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 750iL
    1. I was Googling buying advice for e38s and this site rose to the top.

2. I wanted to be able to view post attachments and photos and I am trying to find a 750iL that has been loved by an enthusiast rather than one screwed-up by a driftbro or misrepresented by a dealer.

3. I have only been lurking for a week or so.

4. N/A

Thanks for all of the info and I hope to soon find my 750 so that I may begin being a productive member of the forum rather than a classified-dwelling parasite.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740il

Searching for information about my 740IL

Because I couldn't find an answer to my questions. Figured I'd see if anyone could help a guy out.

I lurked around for about a week.

I felt like I could find the information if I looked hard enough. I'm pretty competent when it comes to cars but I'm very new to BMWs. As with every forum. People expect you to search first rather than asking the same old questions that have been answered a million times over. I new I would eventually join but didn't want to until I needed to make a post.

My Cars
    Searching for one
    1) google
    2) learn about the 7 series
    3) this is my first post

My Cars
    1988 BMW 735iL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Googling for help on my BMW.

2. Why did you decide to join? I'm slightly in over my head and want to learn as much as I can.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I lurked.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? I was originally just looking for help on one thing, but as I come across more things, I find myself here more often, so I decided to become active.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740il
    How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Google searches. Always had what I was looking for.

Why did you decide to join? Have lurked for long enough!

Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Just joined about an hour ago, so, right away

If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    I got my 740il about a year ago. Pretty much felt like there is nothing I could tell this crowd!
    Well, so far have fixed sunroof, seat switch, installed drilled and slotted rotors and am finishing up complete timing chain and guides including valley pan and waterpump.
    So now I feel like I might be able to contribute, so I joined.

Main reason I joined, this site has been awesome helpful on my projects!

Paul
    If all else fails, use ductape!

My Cars
    1997 528i -Montreal Blue
    Other sites around the internet.

I might be buying an E38 here soon, and I'm going to need help, as well as someplace to talk about it so all my friends don't leave me.

I guess we'll find out shortly.

My Cars
    2006 E61 550i, 2000 E38
    1, advised by another forum member on NZ forum as a great source of info

2, all help great fully stolen with pride

3, lurked for a couple weeks, now into it

My Cars
    1998 Bmw 328i Sedan
    Hey My name is Mike I found out about bimmerforums by googling pictures of other stanced bimmers I dicided to join when I purchased my e36 98 328i MSport but then I sold it and purchased an e38 01 740i MSport and it needs some work right now. I haven't been active on the forums I'd jus look around research and take pitures of my car and post them but now I want to be more active going to do some work on the e38. Also I like the forums it's pretty cool has lots of info and pics it's nice to see BMW owners coming together.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740iL
    1- You came up repeatedly on Google searches, and the answers always seemed to point in the correct direction.
    2- Because I bought an E38 that needed a few things, and I was looking for answers
    3- I lurked for about a week before joining. Managed to find quite a few answers that way.
    4- The help has been very much appreciated, and I've never been made to feel like an idiot! LOL

My Cars
    Bmw 745i turbo e23 1986
    1. Internet.
    2. I bought a 745i turbo e23 1986 and got a few questions about this rare BMW.
    3. It take me about a day for deciding to join.
    4. It is my first time in a forum and wanted to see how it goes.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast