Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    2001 740iL Impalabraun
    Hello everyone. Just bought a 2001 E38 today. First BMW since I had a 1980 E23 4 speed which I had years ago.

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? A google search of the phrase "Common problems with E38"

2. Why did you decide to join? Decided to buy the car and can tell I will need some advice about it.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I'm jumping right in.

My Cars
    2015 328i M Sport
    Welcome here You can find our section for the E38 here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...995-2001-(E38)

My Cars
    '97 740iL
    Hello everyone!

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?
    I had originally run across the site when searching for some information on the cooling system on my E38.

2. Why did you decide to join?
    Since replacing the cooling system, I've searched quite a bit for little problems and/or upgrades I'd like to do. Bimmerforums has almost always been in the first page of results on Google. Everyone seems like good people, and always willing to help, so I though I'd give back to the site with my experience and skills to pay something back to the community.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    As you can see above, I lurked quite a few times before joining.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    Usually it was because I found the information I was looking for, either on a post in the discussion or by searching from information found in the threads.

I have been the proud owner of a 1997 740iL for a little more than a year now, and I absolutely love it! (Not the weird kind of obsessed love... well, maybe, yeah, it IS that kind of love) LOL

I've had a couple of problems here and there with it, but nothing I haven't been able to tackle with my hobbyist level of mechanical skills and the help of a similarly skilled friend. I started years ago working on a (gone now) '65 Mustang, and I'm really enjoying learning more and more about the E38. Only thing I enjoy more is driving this ridiculously amazing machine in the twisties!

My Cars
    '08 Z4, 90 325i
    I found the forum mentioned online, as a good source of ads. And it is, with clear, detailed information for the most part.

But, since I've been using an iPad, I found that the Location of the cars is not displayed, as it is on a desktop computer.

Is there any way you can remind sellers to list their location, in the header, if possible?

Ray, in NJ

My Cars
    1993 740il

i googled e32 forums until i found the best one and here i am

there is so much good info that i have taken from here in the last 2 months that i felt i need to be able to help others if i feel i can and to ask about my specific problems or ideas

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

i lurked for a month or two.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

there are some very knowlegable people in here. i had found shoguns page before this one and saw him and knew it had be a great site. i know my fair share of late 80s early 90s bmw. i have had a 87 325i, a 90 525i, my current 740il, and my first love and first car a 90 325i.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 740i
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Using Google search for a specific problem -> your search engine results are really good

2. Why did you decide to join? Was a past member and frequent contributor in several Mercedes forums, saw lots of tribal knowledge about E32s here.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I waited a couple of weeks, made sure I wasn't re-posting an issue, then posted.

Keep up the good work

My Cars
    1999 BMW 740IL
    Hello everybody, I'm new to the board, last week I picked a project car 1999 740il and so far a lots of the stuff here has help me fix many of the details on the car wich is already up and running

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Searching for a tutorial on how to remove rear panel

2. Why did you decide to join? The quality and and quantity of information great

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I browse the board for a couple of days before join in

Last edited by Donpatos; 06-05-2013 at 11:22 PM.

My Cars
    01 740il / 96 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    There have been lots of new members join in the last month or so.

Im curious and have a few questions. (Im a curious guy)

If you would be so kind as to reply, I would like to hear from you as OUR goal is to make this the BEST forum.

I would like to extend this to any member less than 6 months old.

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find BFC and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.

Ill start with my story:
    Had a very hard to diagnose electrical problem on my car. I googled for help. Found this site. I liked the format and the way help was presented.
    I lurked around a bit, and saw that the people were cool and it seemed like every problem got solved. I started posting to help others. My kinda place. Still here.
    1. I browsed the forum before deciding to purchase a BMW 740.
    2. I decided to join after I purchased my 740
    3. I immediately posted questions, comments and pictures of my 740

My Cars
    ´12 750i M/´11 M3 Cabrio
    1. I was looking for a good BMW forum, so I ended here
    2. I have two bimmers and in case I have some issue I´ll ask for some help here
    3. Just to know how the forum rolls and avoid dramas or problems
    4. I was lurking a couple of days, yes I´m curious too

My Cars
    740i
    Saw the posts and replies to questions I googled.
    Took the extra time to become a member so that I can ask questions directly and get answers about my 740i I just purchased.
    I actually posted right after I was registered.
    I dont know anything about cars, especially a BMW. its a 98, so she needs a little love. But I am ecstatic that I got her at such a deal and want to make sure things get fixed properly. But I keep running into new problems it seems like every day, and this seemed like a good place to get some answers to questions I might have!

My Cars
    1998 Mustang
    I learned about Bimmerforums by doing a search for information/resources while looking to buy an e23.
    I decided to join so I could message local members to get opinions/advice on a specific car.
    I will post on items I can feel I can contribute to; an active poster I guess.

My Cars
    2007 BMW E65
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? (A Googled and here I am ...

2. Why did you decide to join? (A Thought I could contribute after 20 years of BMW ownership and £££s spent sorting them out

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? (A Active from the moment I joined (URC posting)

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? (A I thought 'lurking' was an offence in some countries :-)

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i e38
    Googled bmw forums n this one looked to b the best IMO

i recently bought my e38 shorty n like I said this forum looked the bet IMO and there is a lot of helpful things on here as I am a newbie to bimmers

The day I bought my 7 I joined the forum...but I did lurk for a day or to before the deal was sealed.

I lurked before the deal was sealed because if the deal fell through there would b no reason for me to join.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 740iL
    Google got me here, as did E38.org
    To join in the BMW culture, and ask the experts about a few odd things on my 7
    I have been lurking for 2 weeks before I bought and I have had it for 2 weeks after purchase, so 4 total weeks
    I know a ton about cars and tried to educate myself on the car as much as possible. I have heard at times that on this forum (as with many) people can jump down your throat quick, but Im no forum noob and I did alot of searching a reading before making my account and being ready to post, and hopefully meet people or car meets

My Cars
    1983 BMW 733i

Another member told me that the traffic is higher over here compared to bimmerboard.

Because the site has more to offer, more members, and is more upscale. I like the auto-save feature when your typing a post!

Neither.

N/A

Last edited by IcemanBHE; 10-20-2013 at 11:26 PM.

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740i

Googled problems about my car and it lead me her
    I decided to join so i can learn more about my 7 series and how to take car of it
    I lurked i guess??
    New to bmws and don't know what to say, but read and learn.
    I just want it Fresh and Clean.

My Cars
    1/88 735i (E32)

Google Search "BMW Forums" = two came up top - the other one doesn't work right...
    I just (today) bought 1988 BMW 735i (E32) and will need to quickly look up how to and get advice on parts.
    I just joined and am respondinghere - so yeah.
    Last edited by RandalLovelace; 11-27-2013 at 07:29 PM.

My Cars
    92 750IL E32
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Googled BMW fourms and this was the first one that came up.

2. Why did you decide to join? The info that I was able to find and finding Shogun's posts and website.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Lurked.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? Haven't needed to post because a lot of the questions or issues i searched for had already been asked, so didn't want to beat a dead horse.

I found it through Google and I'm also suffering with an electrical problem...
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    90 300zx, 95 740i
    I first heard about the forum through researching owning a e36

I finally own a BMW & through my experience of owning cars, is that forums are your best friend...Especially for a DIYer like myself.

I have been lurking through the forums for years now. I have thought about owning an e30, e34 & e36. But I landed with the e38 lol
    I didnt own a BMW yet & I only like contributing on subjects when I know about them...Im brand new to the BMW world

My Cars
    2/2000 750i
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Well to be honest... Google

2. Why did you decide to join? Needed an advice for a specific issue that needed pictures to "show up".

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I watched for a while. Not speaking or writing english well, so there was/is some line to cross to "speak up".

My Cars
    00 740il, 81 porsche 928
    Googles BMW forums and this was the best one.
    Just bought a 7 series and wanted to learn how to fix/maintain it.
    Lurked around first
    Will respond once I become gain more knowledge or experiences.

My Cars
    E38 M60B40 & E36 M50B25
    Hello there!

By searching for DIY in google.

Because the information and threads here are just priceless!

I've been intensely reading a lot of threads for over 6 months.

Because I'm a very new BMW owner, I know cars but never had a BMW and would rather learn first before helping others. (which will come!)

My Cars
    1996 E38 735i
    - I was looking into some info on the E38 and ended up reading some topics of ppl who have done alot to there cars.

- So i can make use of all the good information there is on this forum and ask questions when i need to so i can keep my E38 Own the streets

- I have been lurking for around 2 weeks before i joined.

- I have found the information to be pretty neat and hope more info will keep coming.

Owned my E38 for 3 days now, but i am loving it !!
    Last edited by eu730i; 01-19-2014 at 08:18 PM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL
    I heard of this forum from a member who is on another forum I am on.

i joined because even though I was a mechanic for a long time, I've never dealt much with the German cars and have never been inside the engine or transmission on one.

i will probably be a lurker because I don't have a lot to contribute on these cars.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast