Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    2001 740iL Sport
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?

I had some questions before i bought my BMW, so google sent me here.

2. Why did you decide to join?

I like the environment here and felt comfortable. Also how helpful the people are

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

I lurked for about a 3 months, partly because i forgot to activate my account.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

Well the first 3 months I lurked I didnt have a BMW or any car, but I liked and still like looking throught the build threads for any model BMW. Yes, and also i was and still am a little not technically advanced but i will be in time

My Cars
    2000 740iL
    I've spent time on similar forums for my Riviera & '99 4runner and looked (lurked?) around here before purchasing my '00 740iL. I do most of my own maintenance and have already learned a ton from this forum. Waited a week or so before registering (due to travel) and hope to be able to add to the knowledge base through my experience... Impressed with the level of knowledge here and the willingness to share!

My Cars
    2001 740iL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? i was googling for a knowledge base on Bimmers and this popped up

2. Why did you decide to join? this is exactly what i needed. a community dedicated to ppl who love and drive Bimmers

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? i believe i jumped right in whith a ? once learned how everything works around here.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740il

Google search

More members and quicker replies, also late night replies to questions

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

Lurked a few days

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

no you guys are great

My Cars
    1998 740IL

BMW Newbee

It came up when I googled something about my car.

I just purchased my first bmw and dont have alot of mechanical knowledge.

I "lurked" for a few days... this is my first post.

I just looked aorund for information.

My Cars
    1990 BMW 750il
    Googling to find answers regarding peoples experience with certain BMW's.

To view pictures and ask questions.

I lurked for a while before making the account then was annoyed that I couldn't see pictures, and also wanted to ask.

Forthcoming, yes.

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find bf and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.
    To see the pictures and ask.

My Cars
    1989 750il
    I found the site through a google search when offered a cheap non running BMW 750il

Lurked on this site during the course of the summer and just got brave enough to pick up the car..

So I joined the fourm to share my experiences as I work on the car and hopefully pick up some tips/tricks as the project progress's

And yes.. I know the car is going to be a challenge.. I love me a good challenge.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740i
    I learned about this forum by a Google search on BMW 740i 1997 problems...

Decided to join because I have a question on my 740i

Have to lurk around before asking....Rulls of forums...'v been an admin few years ago on a forum too.

There's a lot of content here....I red that there was a thread on "Frequently problem"... Still searching....Any help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbatteries View Post
    I learned about this forum by a Google search on BMW 740i 1997 problems...

Decided to join because I have a question on my 740i

Have to lurk around before asking....Rulls of forums...'v been an admin few years ago on a forum too.

There's a lot of content here....I red that there was a thread on "Frequently problem"... Still searching....Any help ?

No scares, I found it. Thank you anyways...
    Last edited by Tbatteries; 12-17-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 E38 iL
    1. How did you learn of bimmerforums.com? Previous owner and a search.

2. Why did you decide to join? I always join.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Lurked for about a week and am still lurking.

4. If you "lurked", why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

Didn't want to hear stfa.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740i
    1) googled of course
    2) I was looking for answers to questions that hadn't been asked yet and everyone seemed to be knowledgeable and helpful.
    3) I only lurked for a few days as a guest.

My Cars
    1998 BMW E36 328i Cnv
    1. Google, found you quick.
    2. I had Questions, Hoping for answers.
    3. Lurked and search for a while, I have trouble finding thngs in forum though. Someone always tells me i am a dope, and to search. A simple, look here with a link would be nicer, but hey, Who am I to complain.
    4. I still lurk, thats why I am at this page now. I do feel silly asking things in forums sometimes. So many experts who look at your posts and give you heaps about being dumb, when you are a newbie. but thats any forum, not this one in particular.

My Cars
    93 740IL
    1. When googling for info on my new (to me) 740IL, most of the answers came from here.
    2. To find out more about the car
    3. Pretty much active right away
    4. See 1. I am a member in other forums for other cars, and this type of thing always helps a lot

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Found an add for an 01 740i, did some hw here ( LURKED). Bought the ride, and joined; you all seem tight knit and more than eager to help one another. Cant wait to post my pics lol. I got reffered by a co-worker. Im eager to get a solid two years+ out of it, getting a solid raise then, and hoping to get into 2014/15 7 series

My Cars
    95 840CI 91 850I

new member poll

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Googled 740il transmission problem

2. Why did you decide to join? Ask a question of the guru's

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Lurked for 3 weeks then joined.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? The posters and responders are very good. I rebuilt a jet engine and have degrees in electronics and mechanical engineering so nothing on the car is intimidating. Just a matter of time and money....lol
    Last edited by 2001740il; 02-04-2013 at 05:03 PM.

My Cars
    02/1996 BMW 740iL
    -Google search after purchase of E38 and trying to fix a problem.

-I got quality feedback and noticed its a pretty healthy site and most of the posters are of a much higher caliber than your standard sports car forum.

-Active. I needed help troubleshooting my temp gauge problem and got quality feedback the next day from several members and with that I was able to find the problem (dash malfunction). Saved me a lot of time I didn't have.

1996 BMW 740iL - Torque Pro dash & data logging via Xoom tablet - 18" staggered M-pars - custom cloth and leather upholstery - Polk Audio 8" sub - 90k miles
    1998 Ford Contour SVT - Stage 3 Motorworks 3.0L - C.O.P. conversion - K-Sport coilovers - 18" Enkei RS-7s - Akron HP dyno tuned 200hp / 205tq - 135k miles

My Cars
    1990 735I (E32) M30

At first I was interested to see if my US version E32 would be able to pass MOT if I imported it to England. Work might have taken me there. I lived in The Midlands from 1967-1971 and bringing my 7 series with me I thought would be an option. That fell apart and I'm now retired. On goggle, searching for this info I was brought to this forum.

I joined because after reading for a few days, I realized this was a place I could be very comfortable.

I actively posted and was told by people from Japan to Denmark to forget about bringing the car to England as even though my car was in pristine condition, changing the headlights to aim left would not do it. In fact, wiring the car to have rear fog lights would cost so much money and cause so many problems, it wouldn't be worth it.

I did "lurk" for days, but once I jumped in, nobody ever made me feel technically challenged. My best friend just retired from Vista BMW. He was an Ace tech there and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the older cars......as we are older guys. I've brought him to the board and he's a "lurker" at this moment.
    My biggest problem here was learning how to use photobucket. Using a combination of three people here, I finally got the hang of it. Working the consoles of CT and MRI scanners for more than 30 years, you'd think photobucket would have been a breeze. It was more difficult for me than messing with my daughter's IPhone. I use a 6 year old Motorola flip.
    This is a great place.
    Jeff

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740iL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? browsing the web

2. Why did you decide to join? i need lots of help with technical situations. thought this could help

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? RIGHT AWAY!

My Cars
    '01 740i Sport '96 'burb
    My replies are in RED

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    There have been lots of new members join in the last month or so.

Im curious and have a few questions. (Im a curious guy) Shoot ask anything..oh wait.. ya did

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Knew about it for a LONG time. Thought I registered before. Guess not

2. Why did you decide to join? I have a BMW

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Active from the start baby

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? No lurking at all, register & git to talkin

If you would be so kind as to reply, I would like to hear from you as OUR goal is to make this the BEST forum.

I would like to extend this to any member less than 6 months old.

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find BFC and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.

Ill start with my story:
    Had a very hard to diagnose electrical problem on my car. I googled for help. Found this site. I liked the format and the way help was presented.
    I lurked around a bit, and saw that the people were cool and it seemed like every problem got solved. I started posting to help others. My kinda place. Still here.
    I have a BMW, love them for forever. This is my 2nd one. I love ACTIVE forums.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 750 ia

Search on google

There are forums in Sweden but knowledge is deeper abroad to help on technical issues. I actually joined two english speaking E38 specific forums the same day.

Yes

My Cars
    1998 740il, 1997 740i

I did a search for DIY repairs and you were at or near the top of the google results

Because I was excited to discover that there were other people with the same BMW fetish that had

Active poster right away ...in fact would be alot more active but my account is locked down and I was unable to post some of the smokin craigslist deals that currently exist out here in the Great Pacific Northwest

Did not 'lurk'

My Cars
    1997 E38 7 Series 740iL

Talking

I joined on accident, i filled all the info out box by box by mere accident. But when in Rome!

LOL seriously i cant remember where i originally came across BFC.

It was an accident ;-)

I instantly started posting links to pictures of sandwiches.

I lurked just to lurk :-P

My Cars
    1998 bmw 740il
    Way I learned about this forum
    I was Looking up some reviews on common problems before buying 98 e38

Decided to join because I don't know as much as I would like to about bmws and forums are cert helpful

I've been lurking.for a couple months now off and on I can't really figure out how to do anything to to my profile and that's the main reason I haven't messed with the site much.

My Cars
    1997 E38 750i

googling info on E38s in the view to buying one

Hopefully to ask a few questions and post a few answers myself, plus although it seems most US based and im the Uk, seems there is a bit more going on here

Nope, lurking and reading and learn info

As above, just viewing info before making a purchase if I found a car. which I have!

Deposit left on a 1997 SWB 750

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    I was running searches on e38's since I wanted to buy one and you guys have a lot of search results since you rock.

I am a member on about 10 forums and have been on BBS boards since about 1987. I know the power of the board!

I was lurking for a couple weeks or so but joined after I bought my E38

^See #3
    ---- Processing Individual ----
    Z1XX Upholstery
    Seats front and back in Epingle / leather englishgruen,
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Front seat backrest in Montana Englishgruen (No. 8 174 861)
    Other interior equipment as for Volleder Nappa englischgruen,
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

My Cars
    1994 BMW E38 730i

I found you when researching a query I had with my car. I also have seen you mentioned on various other boards.

Although I am based in the UK you have a mine of information on hand.

I discovered this board about a year ago and have lurked since. Only because as stated above you have primarily Stateside owners and I am in the UK. I am a member of several BMW boards, some of which are not in the UK.

I just thought it was time I joined up with you guys and see if I can share some of my limited knowledge if needed.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast